Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol screenshot madness

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Oh gawds, Fahrenheit was HORRIBLE after the early parts.

BearBomber

Scholar
I hape that player'll be able to kill any NPC in the game. Fighting against your own base is allways fun. At least it was fun in Shogo.

Fat Dragon

Arbiter
I hear ya. Unkillable NPCs annoy the hell out of me, but not for the same reasons you specified. One of the few things I disliked about Deus Ex were the unkillable NPCs. I remember that early in game you could challenge Gunther to a fight outside a subway. But since he was unkillable you were forced to lose the fight no matter how strong you was at that point. It just really annoyed me.

BearBomber

Scholar
Yeah. I was trying to kill him for 10 hours untill I gave up, checked walkthrough and found out that the fight was unwinable. As a revange on a second playthrough I killed Navarre on the plane when she was frendly and killable.

Lumpy

Arcane
Trash said:
I've seen a few neat articles on the game lately. Neat setting, c&c, lots of different locations in different parts of the world. Spy themed "quests" that actually sound rather interesting and promise different routes.
Oh yeah, that's another thing. At least we know it probably won't feature any FedEx quests.
I wonder whether money will be a factor. It would make sense to have an unlimited account, being a CIA agent and all.

Castanova

Prophet
You don't have an unlimited account with the CIA if... YOU'RE A RENEGADE AGENT falsely accused of being a mole for the enemy! I'm too lazy to read up on it right now but until then I'm going to assume this is what the storyline will be. What's an extreme spy experience without being on the run from your own employers?

Lumpy

Arcane
Castanova said:
You don't have an unlimited account with the CIA if... YOU'RE A RENEGADE AGENT falsely accused of being a mole for the enemy! I'm too lazy to read up on it right now but until then I'm going to assume this is what the storyline will be. What's an extreme spy experience without being on the run from your own employers?
Uh-huh. Nonetheless, I hope they'll go for a more book-like storyline with interconnected subplots, rather than random side-quests that have nothing to do with each other. Which means, money should come naturally as you go through the game.

Korgan

Arbiter
I remember playing Covert Action all night a couple of years ago. Then I switched off my PC and realised I still had a top-down view of my own room. I had to walk up to the sofa and choose "sleep for 2 hours" from a menu for this to pass. No, really. And after beating SMAC without standing up once I tried to choose a location for a base in the kitchen so it would cover both the fridge and the microwave. Ah, those days...
To make this post look on-topic, Obsidian should just rip off DX when it comes to the gameplay and the RPG mechanics. No-one would notice or care.

Texas Red

Whiner
BearBomber said:
Money will be probably useless as allways.

I really wonder if it is *that* difficult to have shops at the end of the game selling stuff you can barely afford.

Soulforged

Scholar
Dark Individual said:
Because real world is boring and I have a dose of it every day. The point of games should be giving the player a chance to visit alien worlds and reign destruction through a gesture. The whole dumb supah spy shit is lame and reeks of Hollywood.
This world is pretty big and varied, are you telling me that you've wandered through it all, and that you've also worked as a secret agent?

A user named cat

MaskedMan said:
AP will be like Hitman + Torment.
That actually sounds great. Wouldn't mind another Hitman-like game, especially if they can showcase more polished A.I. than said series.

Korgan

Arbiter
Actually, I'd hate to be a real life secret agent. The job has the perfectly awful mix of tension and boredom - it takes a special sort of person to do it well, see Le Carre. So it'll either take the Bond route or the DX route, but neither will be realistic at all, I hope.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom