Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview Alpha Protocol has more cause and effect than any other RPG

Secretninja

Cipher
This is the stealth way.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
denizsi said:
Haba said:
Man,

Obsidian sucks because reason #124
Alpha Protocol will totally fail because #245
I am so not interested in this game, and therefore am replying to this thread.

Also, decline.

Codex_Cool_Points++;

LOL IM MAKING FUN OF REPETITIVE CRITICISM WHICH IS STUPID SIMPLY BECAUSE ITS REPETITIVE LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL ALSO KOUNTER_KODEX_KOOL_POINTS+++³³³³
It's Kodex Kool Kredits you God-damned mangos.

Shannow

Waster of Time
Mango_heel_waaier(Fairtrade).jpg

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
yes plz said:
As in Mass Effect, you don’t know exactly what you’re going to say – the text you’ve selected only gives an idea of what’s going to be said.

I'm still completely confused as to how anyone can think that this is a good idea.
It COULD be a good idea if, like they originally said for Mass Effect, you could interrupt characters, and that could cause a different response. Or on the opposite end, in Alpha Protocol, if your timer runs out you simply say nothing, and characters could get pissed, and so on.

Chefe

Erudite
If your timer runs out you simply stay in the same "stance" that you were in from your previous choice, or the default middle of the road/justice/whatever stance if it's the first topic in that dialog string. This has already been covered, dick. You can play the game without ever choosing a dialog option and Michael Thorton will simply make all the choices for you.

Like Mass Effect the only characters you'll be able to interrupt are your superiors during briefings. This is essentially Mass Effect but with a timer on the dialog. Bioware is dumbed down, but they at least forced you to make decisions - no matter how cosmetic. Thorton will talk for you if you don't make a decision within a few seconds.

Not much different from a lot of rpg's

1 - Yes, I will do this job and won't ask for a reward

2-Yes, I will do this job and want the default reward

3-Yes, I will do this job but I want extra reward

I'd like to know ho much time you have to select an aswer. If it's long enough, it's reasonable to assume you want to keep your previous tone and select it for you.

no player input?

Also, "click your option" isn't that much of an input

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom