Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Development Info Alpha Protocol Forever is Gold

hanssolo

Educated
Azrael the cat said:
Wow, you know that's actually the first DRM since the days of entering words from manuals that I actually think is totally fair. You can 'rent' the game with all the restrictions of DRM if you are an obsessive 'must-have-it-now' kiddie, or you can get a genuine non-DRM complete ownership by waiting a couple of years (which is when I usually get my games anyway). So long as the delayed game is priced approrpriately (i.e. bargain bin), that seems like a decent compromise. The publishers get to make money off the morons who 'just MUST have the latest tech' who think that 18 month old tech is so horribly old-school to be unplayable, whereas the rest of us get games that aren't polluted by DRM.

:incline:

I am fucking positive that anyone planning on playing the game will not wait 18 months to get the drm-free edition. In 18 months sales will be virtually non-existant, because anyone who's interested has already bought/pirated it.

relootz

Scholar
In anticipation of the first codexian reviews, we aren't expecting a lot so we could only be surprised. :D

If by a divine intervention it might be godlike good, then i will buy it. In any other case i won't.

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Jaesun said:
2 pages and no Skyway?

popamole banal boring shit bunch of hypocrite Obsidian apologist assholes say the same thing if it was Bethesda different thing said popamole boring decline same shit everything shit banal shit.

there. happy?

Turok

Erudite
I just hope succeed to the game. I want the ones who maded MOTB make more games . :D

Alex

Arcane
I almost agree with you, Azrael. By eventually removing the DRM and telling people so in advance, it is indeed a step forward. But I still think it puts some undue control of the used game market in the hands of the publisher. I guess this mostly won't be a problem, as it allows 5 simultaneous installs and you can always uninstall. But I think at least a few used copies floating around will have all installs taken and now way of contacting the original owner...

denizsi

Arcane
Well now, if the the game turns out to be good enough to warrant a purchase, I'll do so with this bit of news on future of its DRM.

In retrospect, suits at SEGA must have thought that the game might be a poor seller to have resorted to such a casual promise.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom