Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alpha Protocol enhanced rerelease on GOG

Very unpopular opinion, but I thought the minigames were actually decent. They were reasonable simulations/approximations for the task, and the PC's skills improved the player's odds in a rational and intuitive manner without becoming an auto-win.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
also look at this nigga implying i need some stinking re-releases

IMG20240320165834.png

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Ahhh... good old "Games for Windows Live". Recently when I played a game that requires it that game didn't save progress because GFLW is dead :lol:

So... you actually might :M

EDIT:
Nvm, I guess GFW is not the same as GFWL?

EDIT:
yeah its seperate, also i think most games have patches for those?
Gotta love live services, remember mmx fiasco recently?
What happened? All I know is that it needs Ubisoft's client running like EA games.

Also, AP has an online activation DRM, so if you can't find the patch you end up with a nice coaster anyways.

Vulpes

Scholar
When was the last time GOG actually did anything to improve a game?
Why would GOG waste their time and resources on anything besides the basics, like making sure the game runs well on modern hardware? Any changes they made, no matter how miniscule, would be received with rabid hostility.

KafkaBot

Scholar
That price is hilarious.

It's published by Sega, so I was going to pirate it anyway, but still. Laughed quite heartily at that.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Ahhh... good old "Games for Windows Live". Recently when I played a game that requires it that game didn't save progress because GFLW is dead :lol:

So... you actually might :M

EDIT:

Yeah the Games for Windows thing was something they slapped on some cases but didn't mean anything as far as I remember unlike Games For Windows Live that was something that was needed to be mentioned

PXL-20240320-181501737-MP.jpg

PXL-20240320-181511777.jpg

Maxie

Wholesome Chungus
Patron
Glory to Ukraine

Cologno

Educated

Virgil Brummond

Educated
I remember them saying "you need a controller to play this game", I said nonsense, but then I played it and the m&kb controls are awful. Of course some tryhard retards will say that this is not the case but not even Souls games are this bad on a keyboard. You'd say that the devs coded it like this on purpose but then you remember it's Obsidian.
It was fine on M&KB, not the best, but far better than many console ports from that (rather dark) era of PC gaming.

And at any rate, Alpha Protocol was more about the story and branching narrative than the gunplay or stealth.

Considering the price, it would be good to have more info on what this implies:

Compatibility with modern operating systems
Whether you’re playing on a modern rig or an older PC, the game will run smoothly on your operating system and adjust its default settings to match your hardware.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
you do, there was an installation limit
The one patch Sega released for it got rid of the DRM. https://alphaprotocol.fandom.com/wiki/Patch_1.1 A "you know what, let them pirate it" move.

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In
Don't just stick to guns and stealth. There's a lot of fun to be had in this game by punching everybody's shit up.

Gandalf

Arbiter
I've never played the original version. So, how is this game like? Is this like some of the 3D Bioware style games I've never played (Mass Effect) or something comepletely different gameplay wise?

Falksi

Arcane
I've never played the original version. So, how is this game like? Is this like some of the 3D Bioware style games I've never played (Mass Effect) or something comepletely different gameplay wise?
Think Mass Effect meets James Bond, but with actually great roleplaying, C&C and character immersion.

Combat is janky, you will hit points that make you scream "WTF?!?", but the game itself is as gemmy as a rough gem gets regardless.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom