Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Let's Read All I wanted was to put an end to all wars and famines (LR: Red Son)

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
qMz9f.jpg

2nJUz.jpg

lw0G7.jpg

hQkKz.jpg

jAAin.jpg

lI5zq.jpg

dkA19.jpg

3ga2I.jpg

L3uWR.jpg

9SEzy.jpg

fWVni.jpg

yPpbd.jpg

6tAEU.jpg

cAyuu.jpg

PNjWD.jpg

Csq1v.jpg

oGxm3.jpg

HJ7De.jpg

MwVI8.jpg

xlEJ7.jpg

yJL63.jpg

DB1fr.jpg

coVsj.jpg

ghAzA.jpg

xjyLs.jpg

36p79.jpg

Q5tRR.jpg

sH8k9.jpg

h3MpL.jpg

LqVSW.jpg

AJJjd.jpg

kTqt9.jpg

KqSC1.jpg

8WqeF.jpg

gWN6t.jpg

m853U.jpg

jj3hl.jpg

nvSE9.jpg

pw2PF.jpg

ZPcKG.jpg

E5wWo.jpg

DPEGm.jpg

XNLrV.jpg

YOdf5.jpg

3kaSe.jpg

7mM0U.jpg

N97tn.jpg

DdATb.jpg

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
That was pretty awesome. Tapers off a bit at the end, wouldn't say that's its strong point, but awesome.

exe

Augur
I find Superman dull and stupid, but this was actually interesting. The ending was of course completely retarded. Superman running the world as a benevolent autocrat is wrong because communism!!, but if Lex Luther does it, it's awesome and he's a hero and Global America fuck yeah? :eyeroll: Let's not even talk about the silly magic sentence bs ...

Vaarna_Aarne

Not because it was communism, but because he was as far as everyone knew an alien. And of course, unlike Lex's, Superman's rule was based on total control, albeit benevolent, and a totalitarian system. The whole point of the "magic sentence" was that it showed Superman he was no different from Brainiac.

SCO

Arcane
In My Safe Space
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I think it's just because superman is just not smart enough - they're both characterized as planned economies/totalitarian.

Vaarna_Aarne

Not in the same manner. Remember, Lex set up a new world government ruled by artists, writers, philosophers and scientists. The planned economy aspect was obvious, Lex created a NEW system that would leave old notions of capitalism and communism far behind. Superman's communism couldn't function without Superman, it was really that simple.

laclongquan

Arcane
artists, writers, philosophers and scientists? They are not a good candidate group. For one thing, the art of govern is different from other arts. We tried it several times in Vietnam, about three poets get promoted to ministers, Commissary, etc... generally the highest circle of power in government and legislative branch. They created several disasters. Well, our Ho Chi Minh is an exception, but then he spent very little time to do his (admitedly great) poems, some short ones during works , and several more when he's imprisoned. One also can argue he's a leader, not government officials, or legislative representatives.

abnaxus

Arcane
Patron
I don't buy Wonder Woman breaking her own lasso. Not even Superman is able to do that.

SoupNazi

Yeah I meant to ask, WTF was up with that? Why'd she suddenly fall ill because of it? I don't know the first thing about Wonder Woman (not even that she has a lasso) so I was left completely clueless there.

Vaarna_Aarne

Because it was the lasso of truth, and she broke it.
Well that explains nothing.
I'm not too familiar with Wonder Woman either, but as far as I understand the lasso of truth is unbreakable only in a metaphysical manner due to its magic nature, not physically since outside of its magic it's just a lasso. So I guess the issue was that Diana broke the rules there as well, and since she herself is a magical being as well there was a bad side effect.

Vaarna_Aarne

Okay, that's probably more true: Wonder Woman aged and became sickly because she disobeyed her BDSM origins.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom