Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alien: Isolation

shihonage

Subscribe to my OnlyFans
Patron
Bubbles In Memoria
Colonial Marines fan detected.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
New Post E3 video:

I'm tryin' not to get hyped for dis game... IT'S HARD... COS IT LOOKS FUCKING GUD :D

:d1p:

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron
http://www.shacknews.com/article/85152/alien-isolation-survival-of-the-weakest

Alien: Isolation captures the essence of what survival horror should be like, perhaps more so than The Evil Within. The player has access to gadgets, but they’re not very reliable. The main emphasis is on quick thinking and steering clear of potential threats until you can figure out if they’re friend or foe. The last thing you want to do is get into a combat situation.

Coping with being so helpless takes a strong mind. If you can steel yourself against a rapidly decreasing likelihood of making it through the day, then definitely check out Alien: Isolation when it releases when it releases on October 7 for the PC, PlayStation and Xbox consoles.

I love how the duct-tape fixed scrap and "weapons" only serve to give you a few extra moments of advantage, not to kill the Xeno.

:d1p:

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Alien Isolation and The Evil Within gon' compete for best survival horror of the year

Isolation will probably win... but let's see what TEW has up its sleeve come oct

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I was afraid they'd do just this. Why make a new setting based on the Nostromo environment when they could just pander to the fans and recreate the Nostromo, crew and all?

Seems that someone thought just that and saw dollar signs everywhere. They REALLY are desperate for this to be a success, aren't they?

At least the crew looks normal... except for Ash. His head seems off somehow. Brett is also suspiciously absent.

EDIT: Brett isn't in the trailer, but he's in other promo material.

On the upside, this will be the first time that the Nostromo has been done in a video game since the Alien Quake mod back in 1996 (that I know of) so here's hoping they re-create the ship PERFECTLY and let us have a walk around it WITHOUT the xeno. You know, play as Parker, going around fixing this and that, nagging to Dallas and/or Ripley, etc.

Last edited:

Destroid

Arcane
There is no evidence of the alien in Alien being a fast runner. In fact, it's movements are quite slow, languid. Even the ones in Aliens weren't crazy fast, even though they bounded from walls rather quickly. The AvP games basically took the Alien from 3 and made a bunch of them, which is bullshit but worked for a shooting gallery And people were keeping ahead of the one in 3 for a bit too. So if you can't run from the alien in this, they fucked up.

The move speed for the marines in AvP is also at doom levels of ridiculous, the aliens needed to be insanely fast to compensate, they slowed it way down in AvP2 (and it suffered for it).

AvP was terrifying to play as a kid.

Eddas

Learned
I was afraid they'd do just this. Why make a new setting based on the Nostromo environment when they could just pander to the fans and recreate the Nostromo, crew and all?

Seems that someone thought just that and saw dollar signs everywhere. They REALLY are desperate for this to be a success, aren't they?

At least the crew looks normal... except for Ash. His head seems off somehow. Brett is also suspiciously absent.

EDIT: Brett isn't in the trailer, but he's in other promo material.

On the upside, this will be the first time that the Nostromo has been done in a video game since the Alien Quake mod back in 1996 (that I know of) so here's hoping they re-create the ship PERFECTLY and let us have a walk around it WITHOUT the xeno. You know, play as Parker, going around fixing this and that, nagging to Dallas and/or Ripley, etc.
From the steam page :

Nostromo Edition includes the Crew Expendable Bonus Content – Choose to play as one of three surviving crewmembers, only moments after Brett’s death at the jaws of the creature. As Ellen Ripley, Dallas or Parker, you can explore the Nostromo from habitation deck down through engineering, coordinating efforts with Lambert and Ash to lure the Alien into the ship’s airlock.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
From the steam page :

Nostromo Edition includes the Crew Expendable Bonus Content – Choose to play as one of three surviving crewmembers, only moments after Brett’s death at the jaws of the creature. As Ellen Ripley, Dallas or Parker, you can explore the Nostromo from habitation deck down through engineering, coordinating efforts with Lambert and Ash to lure the Alien into the ship’s airlock.

I went and looked further, and found this:

The second mission, 'Last Survivor', is a retailer exclusive (i.e. Gamestop) and allows you to play Ripley as she attempts to escape the ship.

Congratulations SEGA, you just guaranteed a large loss in sales. There are plenty of people that won't even consider buying this game now until an all-inclusive version of the game is released.

Also, John Hurt won't be part of this (as Kane is dead by this time) and Ian Holm will be replaced by a voice actor (too busy playing Bilbo Baggins I guess).

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Sir Ian Holm does not need to waste his talent on these lowly dubious things, what are they called?, video games.

if Sir Christopher Lee can waste his time on lowly dubious things such as Italian power metal bands, then Sir Ian Holm can do the same with video games :rpgcodex:

Caim

Arcane
Sir Ian Holm does not need to waste his talent on these lowly dubious things, what are they called?, video games.

if Sir Christopher Lee can waste his time on lowly dubious things such as Italian power metal bands, then Sir Ian Holm can do the same with video games :rpgcodex:
It's not a waste of time. Sir Lee is metal as fuck, and as such these things are right up his alley.

Eddas

Learned
From the steam page :

I went and looked further, and found this:

The second mission, 'Last Survivor', is a retailer exclusive (i.e. Gamestop) and allows you to play Ripley as she attempts to escape the ship.

Congratulations SEGA, you just guaranteed a large loss in sales. There are plenty of people that won't even consider buying this game now until an all-inclusive version of the game is released.

Also, John Hurt won't be part of this (as Kane is dead by this time) and Ian Holm will be replaced by a voice actor (too busy playing Bilbo Baggins I guess).

They need to think a little more before announcing things like that. If you are going to do in-game campaign based on the movie, you have do it right, with all the content possible, or not do it at all. I'm 90% sure it's 15 min worth of playtime, it's just a way to grab more sales...

Edit: another thing, I'm prety sure a large number of people will see Ripley's face in the store page and instabuy without even reading the description. This could turn out to do more damage than good to their company.

Edit2: my Joined status doesn't show "thursday" anymore, I fell so ancient right now :D

chestburster

Savant
Illiterate
Jonesy DLC:

For $5.99, play as Jonesy the Cat. Run around Nostromos. Disrupt the crew's motion detector for fun. Create jump scares for the crew. Lure Brett to his certain death.

Add additional $1.99, you can enjoy being carried into the sleep pod by a half-naked Weaver. You can also nap on her boobs.

Place your pre-orders now!

Angthoron

Arcane
Jonesy DLC:

For $5.99, play as Jonesy the Cat. Run around Nostromos. Disrupt the crew's motion detector for fun. Create jump scares for the crew. Lure Brett to his certain death.

Add additional $1.99, you can enjoy being carried into the sleep pod by a half-naked Weaver. You can also nap on her boobs.

And already this sounds better than 90% of DLC out there.

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
$50 for this? Fuck no. It would have been a D1P had it been more modestly priced, maybe like $30. Unfortunately, as much as I'm looking forward to the game, it simply doesn't look like a $50 game.

Drakron

Arcane
Jonesy DLC:

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom