Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Alan Wake 2 - new survival horror experience from Remedy

Elttharion

Learned

djQ70cU.png

I don't even know who this is. :smug:

Game journos use botlists to block anyone guilty of wrong thinking. Probably one of his boyfriends added you to one of those lists.

jaekl

Educated
Patron
Lmao, it's all empty gray space except for the black lady that they stamped next to the diversity graph. Yes, good investors as you can see by this black lady, we have attained diversity, which is much more important than both the environment and business ethics as per the graph. Thank you.

taxalot

I'm a spicy fellow.
Patron
Codex 2013 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
I have been playing the entire series from the start for the very first time and I do not understand all the hate.

AW1 : I was expecting a story oriented TPS and this is what it is.

The mechanics of the first game are nothing to write home about but it's competent. The story is fairly good for a game of that era. It should be compared with the likes of RE4 and the atmosphere and story of AW1 can be argued to be superior. I would have rathered they figured out how to do the open world thing but what they salvaged was good. If I have one critic to do is that the story once established doesn't go anywhere or do anything until the end. But it was still a nice journey. The DLCs are an interesting view of what could have been a take for a sequel.
Not all games have to be perfect to be good.

American Nightmare is weird as fuck but the combat is better than it had any rights to be.

As for AW2, I haven't finished it yet but it looks like it's no Control in the gameplay department, but I was very surprised by the tonal shift. It's now totally a horror game and it works and had me on the edge of my seat from the moment it decided to start things. Also, if you don't think it's visually Impressive, I really don't know what to tell you.

As for the race swap.... Yeah I guess. But it's not enough to make me skip on a good game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom