Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Akalabeth: World of Doom

Ausir

Arcane
Akalabeth

This is the comments thread for <A HREF="/gamedetails.php?id=268">Akalabeth: World of Doom</A>

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
Lord British asks me to kill a gremlin. I do it. I go back to the castle and all I get is a message that says "GO NOW AND COMPLETE THY QUEST!". It's clearly different from the message I got if went to the castle before killing the gremlin, which just told me again to go kill the gremlin, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do next. Do I need to kill more than gremlin?

Lord British asks me to kill a gremlin. I do it. I go back to the castle and all I get is a message that says "GO NOW AND COMPLETE THY QUEST!". It's clearly different from the message I got if went to the castle before killing the gremlin, which just told me again to go kill the gremlin, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to do next. Do I need to kill more than gremlin?

I think there was a bug in GOG version quests some years ago, but I played a couple of times and I didn't find it. Maybe you simply click too quickly over first part of dialogue?

After the gremlin Lord B. wanto to kill a superior level monster... A viper? The carrion crawler? I don't remember the order. And you continue to do until the final boss. You need to free dungeoncrawling a bit to level up and be better prepared for next monster hunts. But if you continue to have this problem, simply try other abandoneware version outside gog

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I think there was a bug in GOG version quests some years ago, but I played a couple of times and I didn't find it. Maybe you simply click too quickly over first part of dialogue?

After the gremlin Lord B. wanto to kill a superior level monster... A viper? The carrion crawler? I don't remember the order. And you continue to do until the final boss. You need to free dungeoncrawling a bit to level up and be better prepared for next monster hunts. But if you continue to have this problem, simply try other abandoneware version outside gog

Thanks!

I was getting that bug. It’s so weird. I found a solution referenced in the GOG forums and now it’s working seemingly as intended.

The strange thing is that it’s so different now. The bugged GOG version was randomizing everything, every time I entered a floor it was different, but the fixed version seems to make everything static.

I am probably just gonna have to find the Apple II rom and emulate it to see what original game was like before being ported to DOS.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
???? I got a redirect to The book Silmarillion. And here I thought I'd be a rogue-like using Ultima 0 gfx.

EldarEldrad

Savant

Thanks!

I was getting that bug. It’s so weird. I found a solution referenced in the GOG forums and now it’s working seemingly as intended.

The strange thing is that it’s so different now. The bugged GOG version was randomizing everything, every time I entered a floor it was different, but the fixed version seems to make everything static.

I am probably just gonna have to find the Apple II rom and emulate it to see what original game was like before being ported to DOS.

I played GOG version a couple of months ago and didn't get into this bug during my 3 consecutive playthroughs. All seem procedurally generated correctly. Maybe it depends on a lucky number but I used 1,2 and 25 as far as I remember and every time all went perfect.

samuraigaiden

Arcane
RPG Wokedex
I played GOG version a couple of months ago and didn't get into this bug during my 3 consecutive playthroughs. All seem procedurally generated correctly. Maybe it depends on a lucky number but I used 1,2 and 25 as far as I remember and every time all went perfect.

Interesting. Did you play the 1998 remake or the native port? The bug I found is actually documented on a Ultima wiki, it’s only present on the port.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Anyone get the c64 version runnning that was put out a year or so ago.

A thought on turning into a Lizardman. You run into those in Ultima 1 dungeons (so i guess feral adventurers). I'm surprised Lord British doesn't have you killed immediately when entering the palace if you got turned into one.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom