Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

AIDS in Witcher!

Big Nose George

Educated
I am faster than the Ventilator :cool:

The Witcher - Medical Problems Mod
by Dhruin, 22:43

The Witcher site is pointing out a new adventure mod called Medical Problems, hosted at ModDB. Here's the description:

Description:

Shani needs help fighting an epidemic of a new, unknown sickness. But what could a monster slayer possibly do about a medical problem?

The game has several different possible endings, depending on which choices you make while playing. Three choices each have consequences, making eight different paths through the game, and which ending you get depends on the combination of choices.

Geralt has monsters to kill, human lives to save, a mystery to solve, and witcher contracts to fulfill. There are also some ladies to woo, though all but one of them are optional. :)

Features:

* 12 quests (only 11 of which can be completed in any one game, since two of them are mutually exclusive)
* 45 NPC's, all of which have names and conversations of their own.
* 18 explorable areas plus three special areas, with 19 new loading screens
* 40 monsters to kill
* 6 sex cards to get, including one new one and 5 recolored ones
* Many, many recolors of clothes
* Approximately three hours of gameplay

"I've been playing computer games since the days of Hack (the one BEFORE Nethack), and my favorite games are RPG's. Somehow, the exact same gameplay appeals to me more if it's swords against ghouls than if it's blasters against aliens. Even though I love reading science fiction and have read tons of it, for some reason I don't especially like SF games; I much prefer a fantasy setting. I really enjoyed Might & Magic 6 and 7 and Baldur's Gate, and even though I usually prefer PC games, I really liked Dragon Quest VIII. My favorite game, though, is The Witcher. I'm a middle-aged woman, and a lot of games seem somewhat childish to me, whereas the Witcher has enough depth and ambiguity to appeal to a mature gamer. The attention to detail in the game is just staggering, and it was clearly a labor of love, done by those who adored the novels on which it was based. I've made my own adventure for The Witcher, called "Medical Problems," and will soon start work on Chapter Two."

iog0p0.jpg

TheCowburner

Educated
Thanks for the wonderful news George!

C&C - Check
NPC's with names - Check
Recolored clothes - Check
Mature - Check
Sex - Check

Best mod ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

roll-a-die

Magister
TheCowburner said:
Thanks for the wonderful news George!

C&C - Check
NPC's with names - Check
Recolored clothes - Check
Mature - Check
Sex - Check

Best mod ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By those criteria A dance with rogues did it better during NWN1s heyday.

Monocause

Arcane
roll-a-die said:
By those criteria A dance with rogues did it better during NWN1s heyday.

A dance with rogues? Was it the module that later threw you into a hellishly difficult mazelike dungeon with mummies?

roll-a-die

Magister
I'm trying to remember, yeah that's in part 2, part one is more lulzy.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
BRO YOUR NEXTGEN DARK GRITTY MATURE POPAMOLE CONSOLEFAG SHIT GAME ALREADY HAS AIDS AND SO DO YOU FUCK OFF BACK TO GAMEFAGS

Chaotic Lulz3r

Liturgist
Have the common fucking decency to provide a fucking link to the shit you post about, you fucking fuck.

I mean, fuck.

PS. Thanks for the heads-up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom