Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News AIAS hands out 2004 awards

Naked_Lunch

Erudite
How the fuck is Half-Life 2 innovative? It's use of physics? Otherwise it was your usual linear shooter wrapped in a "oooH it's a mystary so j00 know it's fuicking awesome!!111" story.

Spazmo - Someone should make that game. I'd buy it in a fucking heartbeat.

Greenskin13

Erudite
I would like DrattedTin's input on this situation.

Major_Blackhart said:
I hate these awards. THey're like the Oscars, all political.

PBF002BCNauticalAwards.jpg

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
xemous said:
How can HL2 win visiual and animation 'engineering'. Doom3 should have won those, I smell some fanboys and/or payouts.
Curiously, I smell a fanboy too. :P

it takes a good 15 minutes to launch a game from desktop. unoptimised peice of shit
You seriously have to be talking about your PC, becuase it didn't even take close to 5 minutes for me from desktop to the action, with patching included.

What I like about Half-Life 2 is that it gave me better graphics without buying new hardware. My hardware is ok, but far from excellent. Doom 3 however... didn't look so great, and I couldn't run it at better quality on my hardware. It ran worse than HL2 too.

Sol Invictus

Erudite
Half Life 2 is definitely one of the more scaleable games I've seen. The game runs fluidly on DX7 and DX8 cards pretty decently if you turn off down of the AA and AF settings on those older cards. I can't say the same for Doom 3.

Otaku_Hanzo

Erudite
Even I have to admit that HL2 ran well. I even tried it on my non-gaming rig just to see if I had problems then. None. Loaded up pretty fast. The ONLY problem I had was the monitor refresh rate situation where I got black screen at the main menu. All in all, though, the game ran WAY better than Doom 3 even thought about running.

Now, while I don't think HL2 is the best FPS ever made, I do think it's way better than Doom 3 in both graphics and gameplay. Exit said it best in another post: Doom 3's engine would work great for a Lego game. :lol:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom