Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Agony - non Unity horror FPS

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Remember how literally the only thing anyone remembered about this game were the hawt demon sloots?

Yeah, the devs definitely paid attention... Hawt Demon Slut-starring sequel incoming:

Supposedly the plot of the game is going to be about how the Succubus is literally looking for a demonic Chad named "Nimrod" to impregnate her. luuul

Big Wrangle

Supposedly the plot of the game is going to be about how the Succubus is literally looking for a demonic Chad named "Nimrod" to impregnate her. luuul
Doesn't that literally happen in the first game?

ortucis

Prophet
This game spooked that team into radio silence I guess. :D

Pretty much. I liked how Scorn looked.

Key word, LOOKED.

It's same shit with all these horror games being created by artists without any knowledge of how to make a fun horror game or a fun shooter. Scorn looked interesting, had organic animated weapons but everything else was dull. Nothing exciting happened, no story elements, another bland "shooter" that wants to sell on visuals alone.

At least the visuals on Scorn are produced by somebody who doesn't just spam shitty VFX on-screen like Agony developers. Level design didn't look bad as well, nothing exciting, but not random shite similar to Agony.

But in the end, you're right, Agony scared the shit out of a lot of these developers. They probably have to re-think the gameplay and any planned censorship.

PS: While we're at it, anyone else finds it funny how the OP titled this thread "NON UNITY HORROR FPS HURRDURR!" like making games in Unity is the reason why these games suck? Ignorance is bliss.

Last edited:

Beowulf

Arcane
Level design didn't look bad as well, nothing exciting, but not random shite similar to Agony.

I don't think we can say much about the level design in Scorn at this moment, can we?

PS: While we're at it, anyone else finds it funny how the OP titled this thread "NON UNITY HORROR FPS HURRDURR!" like making games in Unity is the reason why these games suck? Ignorance is bliss.

Well, to be honest I created the title when we were flooded with the Unity asset store horror walking sims.
There are actually pretty mediocre to decent Unity horror games available right now, when "Agony" turned to be, well ... trash.

ortucis

Prophet
Level design didn't look bad as well, nothing exciting, but not random shite similar to Agony.

I don't think we can say much about the level design in Scorn at this moment, can we?

You can, a bit, from the gameplay video. Nothing inspiring.

Well, to be honest I created the title when we were flooded with the Unity asset store horror walking sims.
There are actually pretty mediocre to decent Unity horror games available right now, when "Agony" turned to be, well ... trash.

Yup, and this is what people are finally realizing, though I still see this Unity hate (for obvious reasons).

It isn't the engine, it's the person making the game. I've played a lot of good Unity and a lot of good Unreal games. And I've seen a lot of shit ones on both. Unity had the "advantage" cause it was cheap and out there for everyone longer than Unreal. Now you can see the shite created with Unreal, like this one I posted about on my channel, some time ago.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
someone must've bought this shit because they're making more... or they've managed to Brian Fargo someone unsuspecting investors lul.

a cut of domestic sheep prime

I tried playing this stinker a while back. Looks/feels like a really edgy Skyrim mod. I don't know if the stuff they showed at E3 etc was a higher res tech demo or what, but frankly, the game was ugly and pretty boring.

Oh and yeah, sl00ts were all that anyone noticed.

ortucis

Prophet
This game spooked that team into radio silence I guess. :D

Nothing exciting happened, no story elements
You don't need much story to have a great shooter. Doom, Quake, Serious Sam..

Even those games tried to have a story. Even the new Doom does. Adding a story makes a better game.

Just cause old shooters didn't had them at all, doesn't mean that's the right way to make a shooter. Besides, Scorn and Agony are trying to be horror/thriller games as well. Those genres NEED story elements. That isn't optional.

orcinator

Liturgist
Remember how literally the only thing anyone remembered about this game were the hawt demon sloots?

Yeah, the devs definitely paid attention... Hawt Demon Slut-starring sequel incoming:

Just title it woman simulator hahah #bazinga

On a serious note I do wonder if you can look down and see bboobies or be forced to do the combat slide to see em

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom