Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence development in the final stretch, release on October

Black

Arcane
Can you wait a bit longer? I kinda want Torment Numanuma to be released before AoD so we can all laugh how Wasteland 2, Duke Nuke'em Forever, Diablo 3 all were released before.
Surely a Thursday or two later isn't gonna change anything.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
VD can we have a GOG release too? I want to give you my money but not even your game will convince me to install that DRM POS in my computer...
We have a distribution agreement with GoG, so the game should be released on Steam and GoG at the same time.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
Inb4:

rp_club-x_v20108.jpg

rp_club-x_v20109.jpg

SniperHF

Arcane
Will definitely jump back in once the "content complete" version is out. Haven't played since the first Ganezzar beta. Everytime I jump back in I read all the balancing changes since having last played and other than SP rewards I never notice much impact myself :M. Except for the big update over a year ago when blocking was really improved.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Greeeeeat! They won't keep the release date of course, but great news that they are in the finish at last.

m_s0

Arcane
How long have you been here? :M
Been lurking for a few years prior to joining, actually.
great news that they are in the finish at last.
Yeah, I've heard that back in 2007.

I can't get excited about this game, because I've been following it for a decade, but I will be all over it if once it comes out.

ROARRR

Savant
Possibly Retarded
Congratulations!
:brodex:

How about a kickstarter just for the case of giving away some goodies and of course selling your game?
You see, even though I am gona buy AoD and play it once it is out, it always feels a little bit sad not to have something material connected with the game over the years.
Just for the future nostalgica, you know!
But hey don´t mind me!
I am just dreaming......
7863cf9950d8c3904f5f4289ba55b737.jpg

AbounI

Colonist
Patron
Congrats for the Gog Agreement Vince. At the same price I suppose?
What kind of bonus on GoG do you think you can offer if there will be some?

Elhoim

Iron Tower Studio
Developer
Hotfix:

- Fixed issue with bronze hamata texture.
- A Chosen One line with Meru was appearing when it shouldn't.
- Fixed issue with MG building in Ganezzar when trying to go to the second floor.
- Fixed issue with not being able to travel to Al-Akia as IG.
- Fixed Healer position in Ganezzar.
- After fighting the Legatus in IG9 (Meru side) you are no longer stuck in the tent.
- Fixed issue with being able to enter Al-Akia as merchant.

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
So, erm... How many copies do you need to sell to break even on a decade's worth of development time?
Assuming it's a serious question, what's breaking even? Sure, we worked for 11 years but if I didn't work on AoD, I would have played more games, watched more TV, drank more beer. Not like I would have gotten a second job to work these spare hours.

Even if AoD sold next to nothing, I would have considered it time well spent (no different than working on any other hobby project). The only question is whether or not AoD + the crawler sell enough to pay for development of our next 'full scale' RPG.

Crescent Hawk

Cipher
Oh man this is going to be the rpg I have been waiting for. I hope you guys sell a ton. Both this and Underrail deserve more press.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom