Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Age of Decadence April Update

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Honestly, a German version is a good idea; that GS article is really positive.

And you know, I stopped reading Gamestar 10 years ago but they still write in the same style. Decline-proof?
I've read the Hungarian branch of gamestar, and I can say that it is not decline proof. :D

crawlkill

Kill all boxed game owners. Kill! Kill!
Might be a question you'd need time travel to answer, but are we expecting RELEASE to be a relatively bug-free product, or should I hold off playing it for another couple months once it gets its final greenlight so as to dodge any savegamewreckers?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
We expect it to be relatively bug-free (no game-breaking issues, no loops/exploits/dead ends/other scripting issues).

Crooked Bee

(no longer) a wide-wandering bee
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire MCA Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
We expect it to be relatively bug-free (no game-breaking issues, no loops/exploits/dead ends/other scripting issues).

By the way, are you going to switch to your new game (tactical spin-off?) right after release? Or will you continue to be focused on polishing AoD further (or maybe doing some DLC :P) for some time?

Vault Dweller

Developer

By the way, are you going to switch to your new game (tactical spin-off?) right after release? Or will you continue to be focused on polishing AoD further (or maybe doing some DLC :P) for some time?
Both, of course (kind of like what we do now - work on the last third of the game and improve what we've already released). No DLC though.

Athelas

Arcane
With AoD's difficulty, you'd make a fortune with microtransactions: extra skill points for a dollar each. :P

Vault Dweller

Developer
I mentioned the update in the April update, so it would be a duplicate. Basically, in forum posts I explain what we're working on now and what we did during the month and in steam updates I explain the update itself. The bulk of this update was done in April, which is why it was mentioned there. It was released later than we expected because some minor things took too long (we needed a script that checks metal properties, we wanted to fix hammers' passive but ran into an issue and had to add another field to the items db, then it didn't display the correct value in the textbox, etc).

Vault Dweller

Developer
It's very hard to say as it depends entirely on your playstyle. If you play a fighter and get into every fight, it might take a while considering that most fights would require several attempts. If you play as a non-combat character, then it will depend on your reading speed. If you play a hybrid, it might take you even longer because the fights will be much harder.

According to Steam, it took me 7 hours to do the 3 starting areas (Teron, the mine, and the raiders' camp) with a pure fighter, but I was alt-tabbing to take notes (I was testing difficulty and block), so it's hard to say.

Kem0sabe

Arcane
Time seems to fly in my playthroughs and they all seem to short, even tho my steam account clocks many more hours playing than apparent, i think thats a point in favor of AoD, as one never notices the time when enjoying something.

As it stands, one of the few things i would recommend changing on your next project is the population dynamics within zones, even tho the scale of major population centres you visit in game is not bad, the lack of density of npc's in those area's and their static nature is a bit jarring.

Last edited:

Vault Dweller

Developer
I agree, which is why a colony ship would be a perfect setting.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom