Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Aerie dies (possible spoilers)

inwoker

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Heard referencing to it a lot of times. I don't have time playing Final Fantasy, coz I have little time even for great games. Can You spoil the moment for me. Why it is referenced as some pseudo-dramatic moment?

A user named cat

Aeris Death Scene

Loved that area's theme music.

EDIT: My fault, that one was tweaked and had different sounds/music (maybe it was the PC version). I changed the link to the proper one.

Chefe

Erudite
Because apparently a whole lot of people cried. It was one of the first major plot twists in popular gaming, and one of the first times a main character was killed off.

Of course, if you were like me the death scene was a sigh of relief because it meant the game would not force her into your party anymore.

DarkenRahl

Novice
made me sad because i was playing it the first time and i wasted days leveling her ridiculously high just to have her, to my horror, die.

>: (

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Chefe said:
Because apparently a whole lot of people cried. It was one of the first major plot twists in popular gaming, and one of the first times a main character was killed off.

You've never played FFIV, FFV, or Chrono Trigger, have you? And those are just jRPGs from Square...

Chefe

Erudite
Xor said:
Chefe said:

You've never played FFIV, FFV, or Chrono Trigger, have you? And those are just jRPGs from Square...

FFIV, FFV, and CT were no where near as popular as FFVII.

Plus, you could revive Chrono.

Drakron

Arcane
Yes, those were the grimdark days of Square ... then again looking at FF X ...

I guess for someone people that bothered to level the crap out of her that was ... very annoying, also Tifa is still alive (and there is a reason why she features in so much rule 34) so ... who cares? maybe they use a phoenix down on her after the game is over or something ...

Murk

Arcane
this is true, in my party in BG2 i murdered aerie many a time only to resurrect and murder her again

the slayer demands more elf poon (rule 34 etc.)

mondblut

Arcane
OMG... Is this for real??

This is seriously most unimaginably retarded, ridiculous, laughable and pathetic pile of stinking shit I ever had a misfortune to behold.

Anybody who caught himself enjoying this game must immediately surrender to the nearest death camp for quick and painless termination.

Hory

Erudite
What a laughable attempt at drama.
If anyone wants to see how a real twist is done in a console-like RPG, see the end of Anachronox. Note: there's some gameplay cut from the video, after the first three minutes.

A user named cat

Solohk said:
I'll never understand why. My reaction to that scene was of complete indifference.
Probably the melodramatic music and sympathy towards a main character you were supposed to care for that was given the "love interest" role.

I never teared up from it but thought it was well done for its time, wasn't exactly expected. This was also during younger and more impressionable ages for many people that played it.

mondblut said:
Anybody who caught himself enjoying this game must immediately surrender to the nearest death camp for quick and painless termination.
I enjoyed the game. It's also not exactly difficult to take a scene out of context and mock it, especially a dated jRPG.

TheWesDude

Arcane
Patron
Chefe said:

1994, ultima 7.5 serpent isle. dupre dies at the end.

Micmu

Magister
mondblut said:
This is seriously most unimaginably retarded, ridiculous, laughable and pathetic pile of stinking shit I ever had a misfortune to behold
That's what I thought, too, until I read some of the comments there.

Black

Arcane
skyway said:
If you've never completed PS:T don't watch that video. Seriously don't.
Someone who hasn't completed PS:T shouldn't be on The Codex.

Mantiis

Cipher
Chefe said:

Of course, if you were like me the death scene was a sigh of relief because it meant the game would not force her into your party anymore.

It still forced you to have that douchebag cloud in your fucking party for every fucking battle.

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Black said:
skyway said:
If you've never completed PS:T don't watch that video. Seriously don't.
Someone who hasn't completed PS:T shouldn't be on The Codex.

Ignorance is a chance to learn.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom