Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

About to re-install Diablo 2. Suggestions for mods and patch

Cambios said:
Wow. Sounds like the skill synergies thing backfired. :(
In multiplayer play and higher levels, they make for interesting character builds and can be quite powerful when done correctly -- Hammerdin, Lagomancer and Light-Sorc come to mind. The problem is when you consider the increase in difficulty that was needed to compensate for the skill buffs and that most new players don't even know where to put skill points, it leaves little room for error.

Gay-Lussac

Arcane
Re: About to re-install Diablo 2. Suggestions for mods and p

Hory said:
Cambios said:
I am about to re-install Diablo 2 so I can play with my daughter. She needs to have played one of the greatest games of all time.
Oh, so this is how parents set their kids on the down spiraling path to mediocrity!

This. If I have any say in it my kids won't even touch a computer.

Micmu

Magister
...patch...
The way the melee builds were buttfucked in Hell mode is unbelievable - from physical resistances to insta-kill bugs that are still present (like fire enchanted bug in Nightmare multiplayer games) and some are new. In order to be able even kill shit and not to be ran over, all melee builds need only the best equipment which is absolutely impossible to get in one playthrough.
Bah, we were playing Codex coop for quite a while and when I finally collected loot for barb., we stopped playing.
Blizzard bitches want you to get hooked.

Major_Boobage said:
Ninth circle there is no build that will help you get trough hell if you dont have the equipment.

Just use the latest patch, its hardly as if you are going for a full 3 difficulty run,now are you?
Where did I say there was?

DaveO

Erudite
Synergies as others have mentioned railroad your character. Although some skills would be pretty darn good like the Paladin's Holy Shock that gives a lot of elemental damage. I don't think this damage is reflected by the melee curse cast against you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom