Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

About to re-install Diablo 2. Suggestions for mods and patch

Cambios

Scholar
I am about to re-install Diablo 2 so I can play with my daughter. She needs to have played one of the greatest games of all time.

Any suggestions for mods or for which patch version is best?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Click on Un-Install Diablo 2

Install Fallout 1.

Let her Play Fallout 1.

Show her what a true cRPG is.

Sckarecrow92

Educated
I recommend getting the Eastern Sun mod, specifically for your daughter. The mod lets you rebuild your character n' stuff, and might make the game a bit less frustrating for her if she makes a mistake.

Also, in my opinion, just playing vanilla Diablo would be a better choice for you than getting Median XL. Since it's so different from regular Diablo, it might not suit you.

Hory

Erudite
Re: About to re-install Diablo 2. Suggestions for mods and p

Cambios said:
I am about to re-install Diablo 2 so I can play with my daughter. She needs to have played one of the greatest games of all time.
Oh, so this is how parents set their kids on the down spiraling path to mediocrity!

Andhaira

Arcane
Install Icewind Dale 2 for her. Tell her to play that using the party of the sisters of selune. It will teach her girl power and about feminity.

DaveO

Erudite
Meke that two votes for patch 1.13 on Diablo II. No details besides a possible stash size increase, I tried replaying the game earlier but had a CTD playing an Assassin and promptly uninstalled.

MetalCraze

Arcane
Are you sure you want to introduce your daughter to a world of a repetitive boredom?
Diablo2 without a coop game with the other 5 people is pretty boring.

Nex

Cipher
MetalCraze said:
Are you sure you want to introduce your daughter to a world of a repetitive boredom?
Diablo2 without a coop game with the other 5 people is pretty boring.

Aint that the truth. Even then it can be rather lackluster.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
Play Arcanum, Fallout or another real cRPG instead. She will appreciate a proper cerebral gameplay experience more than DURR DURR SMASH PIXEL MAN.

Cambios

Scholar
1eyedking said:
Play it vanilla, Diablo II as it is is a great game.

Latest patch?

As for the Diablo 2 haters: you know D2 still sells well on retail shelves, almost 10 years later, right? :)

Hory

Erudite
Cambios said:
As for the Diablo 2 haters: you know D2 still sells well on retail shelves, almost 10 years later, right? :)
Yep, just lke 50 Cent and BigMacs.

Zomg

Arbiter
Go to a family restaurant, steal a stack of kid's menus and have her solve the maze game over and over. Give her a skittle every time she solves one.

1eyedking

Erudite
Cambios said:
Latest patch?
Here it depends. If you like what sinergies are to skills (focus on one very single powerful ability late game, other abilities utter shit, possibly good power progression depending on the build), then yes. If you don't (focus on two to four powerful late game skills, crap power progression if game taken seriously), well, then don't.

I'd go Lord of Destruction 1.09d, but that's personal preference.

Cambios said:
Sales figures don't say much about a game's quality and Diablo II in particular, since cheaters are always getting their accounts banned and constantly buying it for new CD keys. Right now it's actually selling well because Diablo III was announced and as everything Blizzard there's a lot of hype going on.

Diablo II is just fun and well designed, period.

I agree with 1eyedking, 1.09 was the best patch for solo or small party play. 1.10 and subsequent patches introduced synergies which pretty much means you have to focus on one skill, sometimes saving skill points for multiple levels before the skill you need to max becomes available. This is necessary due to it's increased difficulty. 1.09 allowed more freedom within your character builds.

Cambios

Scholar
Wow. Sounds like the skill synergies thing backfired. :(

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom