Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

About Teh RPGCodex Game! LOLLZ!11!!!

Woetohice

Scholar
__

Balor

Arcane
If someone will be offended by the Codex and will not get the game due to it... FUCK THEM! They are fucking weak and didn't deserve it anyway :).

MountainWest

Scholar
All publicity is good publicity, and so on. If the VD-hating keeps threads regarding AoD at the top, people will at least know that the game exists. And let's not forget: people who are (very) offended by VD are probably not the target group of AoD anyway.

Atrokkus

Erudite
There was no juvenile banter about VD following the interview.
Ok, let me clarify: there was NO worthy discussion at all, aside from maybe two people getting interested enough to post some questions and stuff.
And just one page. And that's pretty much the only new thread about AoD on RPGDot.
That's no achievement, really. It's kinda sad, inspired by Dhruin's good faith in his denizens, I expected more feedback. Hell, even out humble Russian site RPGplanet.ru, where I posted the fisrt interview VD (wasn't published in English, unfortuantely) had much more discussion going (check it out here -- VD posted there, and many posts are bilingual, so it woulnd't be much of a problem getting the gist for all you yanks and brits and thos inbetween).

Dhruin

Liturgist
I didn't say or suggest it was an "achievement". I just like discussions to be accurate. Is that a problem for you?

Jason

chasing a bee
Будет ли в игре что-то типа "мистическое" аля такий маг, или что то типа того.

Yes. A lot.

So can I start posting there in English and French? Maybe with some Korean now and then?

Gnidrologist

CONDUCTOR
Wow, VD is actually a dirty commie who understand russian. How come Proverbius took him in the staff?

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Metallix translated and emailed me most of the questions. Duh! Babel Fish did the rest.

GhanBuriGhan

Erudite
First, news discussion is rarely lively at RPGdot, it's few and select topics that get more than a page of comments.

Second, noone who doesn't follow the Codex or the game will know that it's VD of the Codex's game.

Third, VD is no Derek Smart and not even a Roshambo. I don't think he's infamous enough to have hurt the feelings of enough gamers to in turn have hurt his game. Reviewers and players may however hold his game to the high standards he holds other games to: that of course is only fair.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Woetohice said:
Well, I've been following the posts regarding AoD and I think the game is shaping up great and can't wait to try it out.
Thanks

I was just wondering whether you think VD's association with RPGCodex will negatively impact who tries your game, sales, whatever (not that it seems like you particularly care since it seems to me you just want to put out a great game). Will your game get reviewed by the professhunuls at Gamespy, Gamespot, etc. (I remember GameSpy at least used to review Avernum and Geneforge)?
From the mainstream sites:

"This looks like a nifty RPG project, though, for serious roleplayers. When do you think you'll be ready to ship? Do you have a publisher? Will you be releasing a demo? I might be able to help you out from ********'s end of things. Let me know what your release strategy is..."

"Very impressive. It's definitely something we want to cover and keep an eye on."

"Thanks very much for agreeing to be interviewed for ********. As you may already know, our readers are pretty hard-core game fans. Because of this, I encourage you to answer the questions for this type of audience. And don't feel you have to be too formal. Be yourself. Enjoy yourself with the answers, and so will our readers."

The "be yourself" part made me chuckle. I don't think your "hard core readers" are quite ready for this. :lol:

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
metallix said:
There was no juvenile banter about VD following the interview.
Ok, let me clarify: there was NO worthy discussion at all, aside from maybe two people getting interested enough to post some questions and stuff.
And just one page. And that's pretty much the only new thread about AoD on RPGDot.
That's no achievement, really. It's kinda sad, inspired by Dhruin's good faith in his denizens, I expected more feedback. Hell, even out humble Russian site RPGplanet.ru, where I posted the fisrt interview VD (wasn't published in English, unfortuantely) had much more discussion going (check it out here -- VD posted there, and many posts are bilingual, so it woulnd't be much of a problem getting the gist for all you yanks and brits and thos inbetween).

A lot of people came here to post, and a lot of people posted on the site they visit that posted the interview. Look at the traffic rpgdot pulls in. I would almost gaurantee that a huge portion of crpg fans use rpgdot as a news portal for their rpg news or at least a daily site for a comprehesive look at whats going on in crpgland.

Gamespy is like MSNBC, RPGDot is like the ESPNs, and Rpgcodex is like a news program devoted to the Red Sox. A lot of college fuckers, tourists, and other scumy ass bandwagon cocksuckers will wear a Yankees hat one day, and wear a Red Sox hat the next, because they are fucking queer ass pansy bitches. They'll post on the Red Sox site with their jibberish and say they are fans, but would suck a dick and piss their pants with glee if they got the chance to shake Jeter's hand. But its still fun for those posers to fake thay are a Red Sox fan and know what its about.

Roqua

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck Repressed Homosexual In My Safe Space
Woetohice said:
The 'codex isn't exactly for the weak or uninitiated (current front page links to discussions of Beaners and Mexicans, posts have liberal linkage of Goatse, tubgirl, etc.).

Whats wrong with talking about beaners? Carlos Mencia made the word popular again. And why would yoy seperate beaners and mexicans? Beaners are mexicans.

LlamaGod

Cipher
Roqua said:
Woetohice said:
The 'codex isn't exactly for the weak or uninitiated (current front page links to discussions of Beaners and Mexicans, posts have liberal linkage of Goatse, tubgirl, etc.).

Whats wrong with talking about beaners? Carlos Mencia made the word popular again. And why would yoy seperate beaners and mexicans? Beaners are mexicans.

off the topic, but just wanted to say Carlos Mencia is horribly unfunny and so his shitty attempt at making 'beaner' the same as 'nigga'. It's just so...forced.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hell, even out humble Russian site RPGplanet.ru...
What are you wasting your time there for, none of those commies will actually Pay for the game :P

FrancoTAU

Cipher
If you look at most RPGdot subjects, there's hardly any posts in them. I go there daily but have never posted myself. you're not going to get an 8 page discussion normally.

I thought Carlos Mencia was funny for a little while till he became horribly over exposed in recent years.

Vault Dweller

Developer
HanoverF said:
Hell, even out humble Russian site RPGplanet.ru...
What are you wasting your time there for, none of those commies will actually Pay for the game :P
I got some interest from Russian publishers too. It's an option.

mathboy

Liturgist
Я, как независимый юзер, и могу судить более объективно.
Look up "объективно" in a dictionary when you have time.
Как-нибудь на досуге, поищи слово "объективно" в словаре.
Owned Russian!

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
For the record, since VD's game isn't a Diablo clone or a first person shooter, it obviously can't be an RPG Codex game.

Vault Dweller

Developer
Re:

Woetohice said:
VD if you still read this, what kind of ruleset is AoD using (I'm guessing a modified SPECIAL/GURPS-like system)?
No. Something I developed. The first question is too vague to be answered without writing an essay.

Do the combat controls play out similar to Fallout (the big weapon boxes on the bottom of the interface work similarly)?
Yes.

Will we see this game in glossy boxes in stores...
I doubt it. It's not something I'm interested in. At least, not at the moment.

... or is it primarily online distribution
Yep.

think I read somewhere publishers were courting you?
They are. I was even offered an upfront payment.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom