Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Wii Remote is not a fucking SNES controller.

Quilty

Magister
You bros are about to recommend we play Freespace 2 with a gamepad because it's too complex to use a keyboard. I know it. I can smell the derp on you.

The horror, the horror...

deuxhero

Arcane
Dicksmoker said:
Okay, the standard combo works fine for that game. I feel better. I think I read that New Brothers Wii allows it too. Hopefully. Still, now I have even less reason to look forward to Metroid: Other M.

The new DK is awesome, by the way. And hard, harder than the original three.

Don't bother. Other M is shit. It turns Samus into a whinny bitch and focueses the game on that, rather than exploration (which it lacks) and loneliness (which it lacks).

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Clockwork Knight said:
You know you want it

n64_cable_wii0.jpg

Why would I want the shittiest controller Nintendo ever made?

RatFink

Educated
as much as i ADORE neo geo...

where do you put that cyclopian thing? need a table in the right height just in front of you? put it on your lap and have it flapping around? lying on you belly and elbows like a fuckin school girl?

plus: it seems to be some playstation counterpart, and there i would prefer..well..the playstation controller

KalosKagathos

Learned
RatFink said:
as much as i ADORE neo geo...

where do you put that cyclopian thing? need a table in the right height just in front of you? put it on your lap and have it flapping around? lying on you belly and elbows like a fuckin school girl?
I put my arcade stick on my lap. They're usually pretty heavy, so you don't have to worry about it sliding away in the most inopportune moment.
plus: it seems to be some playstation counterpart, and there i would prefer..well..the playstation controller
Yeah, it's the PS3 version. Pretty cheap and a bit crappy, from what I've heard, but I still chose to post its picture instead of that of another stick because hey, Neo Geo. What would you use it for? Fighting games, of course. Good luck doing the pretzel (down-back, half-circle back, down-forward) on a d-pad.

Personally i prefer this controller:
kinect_joy_ride1.JPG

My slave (a boy) controlls the game after i shout at him "LEFT!! dumbshit" or "RIGHT! idijat!"

Havoc

Cheerful Magician
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
I prefer the Xbox controller over PS2 one for Third Person and First Person games.

Self-Ejected

ScottishMartialArts

Self-Ejected
Destroid said:
You hold it in your godamn hand, if you aren't a woman or a child with tiny hands it is very comfortable.

I don't have especially small hands and I thought the thing was uncomfortable as fuck. The upgraded version was far, far superior.

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
FUCKING NEWFAG PC FAGS LOLLOLLOOLOL@KEYBOARD KIDDIES

intv.jpg

BLOBERT

FUCKING SLAYINGN IT BROS
Patron
Codex 2012
ME TOO BRO LAST TIME I TRIED THE MOTHERFUCKER DIDNT WORK THOUGH

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom