Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Preview A truly idiotic Fallout 3 article - read it your own risk

psycojester

Arbiter
You know they really should start tatooing peoples profession onto them, there needs to be a simple way to tell Journalist from PR Bag Monkey before they open their mouths

Section8

Cipher
Sponsor The Escapist, and you bring your message to an influential audience of opinion-makers, industry insiders, developers, hardcore gamers and entertainment enthusiasts.

The Escapist offers competitive rates for standard CPM ads, which appear uniformly on nearly every page on the site. Our ads appear in two chief locations: a Leaderboard at the top of each page and a Medium Rectangle, which appears on the right-hand side of each page, above the fold.

For more information on advertising with The Escapist, please contact advertising@escapistmag.com.

Link.

Heh.

Noceur

Liturgist
What the hell?!
The difference between Fallout and Bethesda's games is (among other things) that things you did actually had consequences in Fallout, not the other way around.

Seriously... :lol:

merry andrew

Erudite
I've had the basic email subscription for a while, and usually never read it. Now that this thread has shown me what kind of articles I've been missing, I'd like to unsubscribe.

Anyone know of a way for me to do that without relying on a link in a old email and without registering to their new and improved site? I'll probably have to wait for my next email, although I have a feeling it's going to ask me to register.

Kotario

Liturgist
Pitts has responded:
Russ Pitts said:
That said, you're spot-on that Van Buren was not a decades old project, but it was still largely based on decades old tech. Hence, my making of that point. I do not see the need to change it. Sorry.

As to the question of why I'd think Fallout 3 based on the decades old tech behind Fallouts 1&2 would be unplayable, perhaps "unplayable" is the wrong phrase to use. "Not worth playing" might be more accurate.

Krafter

Scholar
Dipshits who read our magazine and kid themselves that we are better than IGN, "The Godfather" is an outdated movie and is currently unwatchable.

Okay, maybe that was the wrong phrase to use. Kids, "The Godfather" is not worth watching.

elander_

Arbiter
The only thing i bother myself to read are the interviews with Emil. Everything seams so much plagued with cock-sucking.

Pete is just fueling codex hate there. He does it because he knows it will annoy the Fallout older community and he wants people to give him attention, even if it's a bad one. Very good marketing strategy.

It adds one more reason for people to buy Fallout 3 and see what all the fuss is about.

cuthbert

Novice
Now this guy says its not worth playing. Its really goes to show you what a dumbfuck this guy really is not only that he actually thinks the Bethesda version is the next logical step the game needs to take for it to be playable (as though turn-based 3rd person to first person shooter is the next logical step). Well now i guess we know what to expect when the games come out, oblivion fanboys (diguised as jounalist) using that old "your a fallout fanatic it doesn't matter what you think" argument.

Texas Red

Whiner
Im wouldnt be surprised if the fucktard only enjoys FPS sbecause in his opinion every other genre exists due to obsolete technology.

And they call me a dumbfuck.

psycojester

Arbiter
As to the question of why I'd think Fallout 3 based on the decades old tech behind Fallouts 1&2 would be unplayable, perhaps "unplayable" is the wrong phrase to use. "Not worth playing" might be more accurate.

You know i was certain that the technology of applied logic and rational thought were older than a few decades.

Perishiko

Scholar
All I can say:

"I can't wait till AoD comes out, I miss turn based games."

Every single turn based game I have has been played to absolute death. And everytime I think about turn based games, I get this craving that tells me to install them.

psycojester

Arbiter
We've done Fallout Ironman how about the Codex does Silent Storm Ironman, that should take us at least forever to finish.

psycojester

Arbiter
Get the No-Panzer mod. Without those wastes of time and gamebalance its awesomesauce.

spacemoose

Erudite
merry andrew said:
Silent Storm is too boring to finish.

I quit right about when the panzerkleins showed but goddamn I loved that combat system.

I'm thinking of making a proper mod for it, with dialogue, factions and choices and consequences. just have to figure out how to change the leveling system. because I dislike the raise-by-practice silliness.

merry andrew

Erudite
I love the combat too, the rest just didn't hold my interest. I think the last thing I did was solo random encounters so I could work on my stealth and throwing skills... and when I tried to resume the story all of my team members were levels ahead of me and the game was too easy (I had it on hard). Then I heard about the panzer crap and gave up.

Rat Keeng

Liturgist
Heh, I remember changing the encounter rate for the Switzerland UFO event way up, to make sure I'd get that fancy laser rifle from X-Com that's hidden there in the bushes. Really took the edge off of those annoying panzerfights, and everything else that was just downright frustrating as the endgame approached.

The mod that adjusted your skills according to your level was almost neccesary as well, and the animation speedup one really helped during the later playthroughs. Train-station battle, yeah?

I'd jump back on topic here, but I don't think there's anything else to be said. That article is upthere at the top of the pile of retard scribblings, probably among the worst I've read. No doubt about it, I'm getting too old for this shit.

DarkSign

Erudite
So Fallout1, the game that is on all the "Top 10 games of All Time" lists is unplayable?

Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...Does not compute...CRASH

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
The author has been replying to criticisms in the comments, by the way. Be sure to read for clarification.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom