Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

A Look At the New Vegas Factions

Here's a slightly more in-depth look at the New Vegas factions, including some of the minor ones. Kinda wish it was possible to help foster one of the minor groups into a big player, but that'd probably make way too many variables.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkALhh82JdI

Seolas

Liturgist
Are there any early reviews/buzz for this yet? I'm wavering on preordering it on Steam. I dug Fallout 3 in my first (long) playthrough but have found my interest drifting whenever I've tried a repeat play.

Forest Dweller

Smoking Dicks
They didn't really go into any detail on the minor factions. Oh well, hearing about Mr. House was news for me.

Turisas

Arch Devil
Patron
Caesar looks like a fag. The Legion sounds p. cool but I don't think I can join a faction with a wimpy leader like that.

bhlaab

Erudite
Yeah Caesar looks like he stepped directly out of Cyrodil

Luzur

Good Sir
Ceasars Legions reminded me of Brotherhood of Steel, with the push-ups and all.

so i rather give NCR a chance.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I'm hoping there's a Yojimbo option. Get them all to kill each other then nuke New Vegas and walk away laughing.

Self-Ejected

Kosmonaut

Lost in Space
oxEco.jpg

Eblg8.jpg

slTJU.jpg

Mister Arkham

Scholar
Damn, Feargus needs to start hitting the gym with ol' MCA.

I'm not really sure how it happened, but over the past few months I've become optimistic enough about this game to make a purchase. The use of the same engine is a sticking point on some level because I have a lot of little issues with the way that Gamebryo works, but the story and world design are looking to be pretty top notch.

That said, I do think that the design of Caesar's Legion looks pretty goofy. Whit is it about modern game design that means a group affecting the title and organization of Roman Legionnaires has to make themselves look like Legionnaires? I suppose that literalistic visuals are just unsubtle enough for the modern market demographic, and god forbid we do anything to confuse any of them...

Destroid

Arcane
The NCR guys look like WW1 American soldiers for some reason.

It is a little odd that the legionnaires look like they could step in for the imperial guard in oblivion.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Mister Arkham said:
That said, I do think that the design of Caesar's Legion looks pretty goofy. Whit is it about modern game design that means a group affecting the title and organization of Roman Legionnaires has to make themselves look like Legionnaires? I suppose that literalistic visuals are just unsubtle enough for the modern market demographic, and god forbid we do anything to confuse any of them...
Sawyer's been all about the football pad armor since 2003. I almost think this is his way of saying "Fuck you, it's a great idea, I can do what I want."

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom