Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

4X A good mobile 4x? (rising empires)

Vagiel

Augur
OK I know, sacrilege, burn heretic and all that but hear me for a minute.

There is actually a good if not great android 4x called rising empires.

This is the advert blurb because I am too lazy to write all this.

The main features of Rising Empires are:

Six playable races, all with unique abilities making for very different game experiences
Two levels with cave openings to enable movement between them
All empires design their own troop types and give them abilities that suit their playing style
Play quick games with only two empires or long epic ones with up to 8 empires
An advanced combat system to battle it out with the different troop types
A well developed technology tree

I am honesty surprised by this game as it seems to have more features than many pc 4x and many new ideas that I have not seen before.

I especially like the idea of armies not having hp but actual population numbers drained directly from the population of the city they are created in which makes so much more sense to me.

Ofcourse it looks hideous and sold like two copies but it is a real surprise to me it exists. Give it a visual overhaul and you have a winner even on pc market.

Anybody else plays this?

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have bought the game after your post.
It has a lot of nice features (unit builder that is not too cumbersome to add, population taken away from town when drafting military units, a mix of repeatable buildings and unique one for each settlement), but I found the UI horribly inefficient ( too many taps to do simple things like moving, or producting stuff), and it requires even more population micromanagement than MOO2 (because the pop increase being much much larger in the capital, you are strongly incentivized to build lots of units to send to populate smaller cities, which becomes old fast).
I also wih the authors had added an ugrade unit feature.
I wish it were on PC. With keyboard shortcuts and mouse, the UI would not be a problem anymore.

Vagiel

Augur
From what I gather the developers have pretty much abandoned the game at this point so I wouldn't expect any new features added.

I do agree that the ui can be cumbersome and takes some time to get used to but still it wins just by the fact it doesn't have any real competition in the genre.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom