Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News Chris Avellone's Presentation at the Montreal International Game Summit

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Tags: Chris Avellone; Kickstarter; Obsidian Entertainment; Project Eternity; Torment: Tides of Numenera; Wasteland 2

Remember GamesIndustry's summary of Chris Avellone's speech in Montreal that we posted two days ago? Well, thanks to GamerQC.com, you can now see it for yourself. Watch as MCA educates the Quebecois masses on the development of oldschool RPGs and the advantages of Kickstarter-based development:

The speech itself is about 40 minutes long, followed by a 20 minute Q&A session. What GamesIndustry neglected to mention in their summary is that around the 26:09 mark, Chris revealed some new screens and art from Project Eternity, and the news that a Project Eternity gameplay trailer would be released in the coming weeks!

Oh, and even if the video is too long for you, make sure you watch it at least until 4:12. Trust me!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Images of New Stuff from Presentation

Portraits:
LNseWpP.jpg

Wilderness Area 1:
tT34YiH.jpg

Wilderness Area 2:
INq6fD7.jpg

Last edited:
Repressed Homosexual
http://mtldgtl.com/wp-content/uploa...elcomes_Chris_Avellone_as_Keynote_Speaker.pdf

“In March 2013, we initiated communications with Québec government in hopes to widen projects and small company financing to include equity crowdfunding. As Chris’Kickstarter projects achieved millions of dollars in fund-raising, they embody success stories that will be an additional morale booster for game designers. I am truly happy to have Chris Avellone as a key speaker at the MIGS 2013,” says Serge Landry, Alliance numérique Director.

So they're using him because they want QC Kickstarter recipients to get tax breaks for garnered Kickstarter revenue. I don't really like such a scheme when my money is at stake.

I watched the presentation, unfortunately I found he has little to say that would be useful for the attendees looking to break free from Ubisoft and the like and start their own company. Thankfully at the end the people asked more relevant questions.

And I knew that Planescape Torment was inspired by Final Fantasy VII.

Apexeon

Arcane
Wonder if I get a thank you when my kickstarter hits.
Or a fork in it.

mmmm might take the fork if its gold plated.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom