Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Commander: The Great War is out now

Trash

Pointing and laughing.
Codex 2012 Serpent in the Staglands
Picked this up on an impulse and it's great! Looks really simple, but once you start playing you realise how unforgiving this is. Presents as a bit of a puzzle - Do you, as the Central Powers concentrate on a Blitzkreig against France and the minor powers, or do you move your armies eastwards before you are overwhelmed by weight of numbers from the east? I was really pleasantly suprised, and its the best WW1 game I've played since those TOAW scenarios.

oscar

Arcane
Damn, pretty steep on the wallet but boy I'm tempted. And not much point holding out as these guys never have sales.

Installing it now, I'll post some impressions later.

oscar

Arcane
This is pretty fun. Been struggling pretty hard as Central Powers and it's mid 1915. Still barely pierced Serbia and Italy's just joined the war. Not even close to Paris on the Western Front. Only semi-bright spot is the East where I've just captured Warsaw. Doing a pretty good job fending off the Brits in the Levant.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom