Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Age of Decadence Teaser Trailer

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Age of Decadence; Iron Tower

Looks like the folks at Irontower Studios released a teaser trailer for The Age of Decadence.

Try the demo, if you haven't already. Being awesome is merely a button away.

Good work felipepepe. Pepe.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Very oldschool. I've gotten used to PULSE-POUNDING ACTION-PACKED music near the end of trailers (which is of course what your original "Incline Trailer" was kind of satirizing).

Shadenuat

Arcane
Moving cloak and background should've been in game menu, I just knew it.

A trailer which tells us everything we need to know about the game. Never thought they exist, but here's the one: an actual piece of information which tells you if you want to play this. That's how every trailer should be done instead of epic walking nightwish box.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
This trailer makes me think - VD could play up the game's "origin stories" aspect to try to get money from DA:O fans. :smug:

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
Okay, so I wrote trailerific. I really think it is.

But one complaint - because this is the Codex and I won't stand for it - is the text fade-in. It didn't always, ummm... click.
I'm a fast reader. "In a land where the ancient.." - Yes, ancient wha- "evil has never awakened" -Oh.
The text would also look better with just shadows and no bevel/emboss.

Again - good job! Top-notch editing, music, art, presentation. Woo!

Aldebaran

Erudite
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
What? The trailer is showing gameplay? Where are the cinematics? I just don't understand. Have you considered adding dubstep? That is popular with the kids these days.

It would be much better if you take out the scary numbers and make the trailer something like the following.

"In a land ravaged by demons from across the sea...
Where raiders are the law...
Only one man can change it all...
YOU

Wohwohwohwohwohwohwohwaaa
dododoodo
(music continues for 2 minutes)

But will you save the world?
Or will you burn it to the ground?

WohwohwohwohDO

Buy it now."

A very good trailer, but I have to agree with Zed: it would be better if the first two sentences were not split so strangely. The subject should not be split into two separated lines.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
STEAL
SNEAK
DISGUISE
AND MURDER...

...IN DIALOGUE SCREENS @_@

ENGAGE YOUR ENEMIES...
...EMOTIONALLY

hiver

Awesome my dear man... just awesome. Animations and cloaks drifting in the wind. Great stuff.

I was thinking... they wont show the bloody spears...they wont show the .... bloody.... YEEESSSSSSS HAHAHAHA!

The line with ancient evil was alright. Maybe it takes a bit of time to come fully visible.... thats true... but the important part is that "it was left to mankind".
Also... im not really sure that less intelligent denizens of teh internets will get it.... i think there is a good chance they will think there actually is some kind of ancient evil still slumbering ... and stuff.

And well, a part of the story of the setting background can be seen as "some kind of "ancient" evil raising up" and bringing about the apocalypse....

It doesnt matter to me but... Ill just leave this issue to you guys to think about.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
master meta the game! :hero:
All the best, Iron Tower!

hiver

A-HAAAA!

I said his video was going to be official... and it became official!

Whatever I say comes true!

Ahahahahaahahahaahahahha
Would you mind saying im going to win a lottery?

:rubs finger tips while meaningfully inflecting eyebrows:

Hey guys, just a quick question, are all the sarcasms for AoD here because the final game will teleport you from scene to scene just like in the demo, or is it just in the demo?

hiver

We will see about that Mozgo. Going to do a Tywin after lunch :P

teleportation is already much better and it is all still work in progress you know?
it is very useful thing to have in a game like this, replayability considered and all.

The trick is in the details, as ever was.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
Was all the music in this from the game?
Yup, 3 different tracks, all in the demo IIRC....I asked Oscar to get me a Marilyn Manson song, like true RPG trailers do, but the cheap bastard gave me only those. Got to say I find them very good, is rare to hear a song 8 billion times while editing and still like it afterwards. :p

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Hey guys, just a quick question, are all the sarcasms for AoD here because the final game will teleport you from scene to scene just like in the demo, or is it just in the demo?

I think some of us are genuinely disliking the game demo and our opinions have yet to be swayed. We're not really united in the AoD front. Unlike Skyrim or Dragon Age, both GoTY of 2011 and 2010, respectively. I've decided it's not my kind of game and that's that.

FUDU

Arcane
My favorite line in the trailer..........Make the world a better place..........................................................for you. That's awesome.

Design choice. VD dislikes making the player run around because he sees it as padding, but turns out a lot of people like that. I guess if people bitch hard enough he'll remove that feature, but it's supposed to stay.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom