Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

7 Days to Die - RPG Codex Alpha 21 PVE Server

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
rpgcodex
US WEST
IP: 172.107.182.46
Port: 26960
pass: donutlad
PVE (no PVP)

How to Join:
Select Join a Game, Server tab
Type server name: rpgcodex
Select Region: North America - West
Hit Search. Select rpgcodex, connect
Enter password above
Build castles, fight zombies

UPDATE: It's online. World is generated.

Last edited:

Hoaxmetal

Arcane
Did you change the difficulty settings? It was fun for a while last time around but it got way too easy with all the loot respawns etc. so I moved to SP.

Last edited:

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Difficulty is standard, damage done and received is 100%. Loot is standard at 100%.

PapaPetro

I might have to check this out.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kane

I have many names
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Tried this for a couple minutes, controller support seems terrible. Current Year is 2023 and this isn't Steam Deck Ready? Yikes!

On a more serious note, someone got this decently working with a controller?

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ok, whomever decided that it needs to be pitch black inside because it's 8 am in the morning and you walked inside from outside and your eyes "need to adjust" needs to be shot. And you can't even turn it off it seems.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
The early game is certainly a lot harder. I'm level 14, full farming skills and still can't make potato seeds so have limited food. The new water mechanic is bogus. No more jars. Which makes water in a bottle highly valued. Waste it on corn bread? lol not likely mate. Dew collectors everywhere is going to be silly. I currently carry a bucket of water and a water purifier mod in my helmet so I can drop the bucket and drink as much as I need to. So instead of, you know, just carrying half a dozen bottles of water I've got a bucket. Also haven't got much in the way of tools. Only just unlocked the Forge.

Zombies are definitely harder. Which is nice. Especially when encumbered. Shock batons seriously OP compared to everything else at the same level.

Kind of sad that after 10 years they still haven't gotten the game balance right. I can farm my crops but can't make any seeds. Making it kind of moot. And surely by now I should have an iron something? The new skill books are interesting. But before, I used to pay attention to the books I got. Now I just read everything without even looking at it. "New book yeah whatever just read it, still going to find another 10 to make it worthwhile..."

New parts are nice. Doors are great. But while I got excited when I saw doors had an R for variety option... I was disappointed when I found out it's only to change the colour of the same shitty texture and doesn't let me choose different door designs. Pot plant variety is nice though.

I tried the game, but the water thing put me off. I just wanted to dig and build while listening to lectures / interviews, but I can't even refill a jar with water and purify it. I am pretty annoyed that I have to get a forge and can't just do my thing in nature from the get go.

PapaPetro

I just wanted to dig and build while listening to lectures / interviews
nice.png
Zen
rating_brofist.png

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Is it the vanilla version?
Base game is alright for a while, but once you go something like Undead Legacy, Darkness Falls or war3zuk, it is very hard to go back as they improve so many things about the game (and add a LOT of content).

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Base game is alright for a while, but once you go something like Undead Legacy, Darkness Falls or war3zuk, it is very hard to go back as they improve so many things about the game (and add a LOT of content).
It is. But with the garbage water system and the Magazine grind I am seriously considering modding it though.

thesheeep

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It is. But with the garbage water system and the Magazine grind I am seriously considering modding it though.
Do it.

But inform yourself well about the mods.
Some actually increase the grind (although of course it can be toned down in the settings).

The one I played last was Undead Legacy and that does lengthen the game - but it does it in a manner that feels a lot more natural and has a lot more in-between steps for progression.
I'd say you grind more in it, but you also get more from the grind.

Couldn't say too much about the magazines cause I mostly went around with my trusty big bonk.

Mortmal

Arcane
Good , quite harder at the beggining, i dont remember zombies taking so much time to kill. Then they are already clawing at my concrete water tank hideout, i remember that resisting a lot more before.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Ahhh... so it's you in the tank. Just be careful claiming POIs as if there are any quests there, and someone triggers one, it wipes everything at that location and resets the POI. Not sure if that's changed in 21.

Mortmal

Arcane
Ahhh... so it's you in the tank. Just be careful claiming POIs as if there are any quests there, and someone triggers one, it wipes everything at that location and resets the POI. Not sure if that's changed in 21.
Good to know i discovered the new system too, used to be able to salvage existing buildings before, too bad as the poi are better looking than before. Think its a bit immersion breaking compare to older versions.

DarkUnderlord

Staff Member
Dew Collectors seem bugged. Seems they get too much water in them and they disappear.

Hoping the addition of daily server restarts will solve the problem.

EDIT: Seems to be working so far.

Last edited:

PapaPetro

Here's a current map I put together if anyone wants to take a look.

DDSQyOD.jpg

PapaPetro

Oh hey DarkUnderlord the Hell Pit / Hellevator held up like a charm against the Blood Horde
cacodemon.png

Even could melee them and save on brass!

Last edited by a moderator:

Trithne

Erudite
Land Claim Blocks prevent the POI they're in from being selected as a quest target, and stop the POI naturally resetting based on the loot respawn timer.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom