Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News 3069 - You feel indifferent here

getter77

Augur
If nothing else, it must be getting there considering feedback and such has now led to the following in such a short time.

v2.1
* Added a "Game Difficulty" option when creating a new player (v2.0 players will have "Normal" difficulty)
* Now actually stealing items from towns cause aggression, not the act of picklocking
* Lights will no longer be generated on zone edges
* BALANCING: reduced the cost of shot reflection and see invisibility properties
* BALANCING: Keys now are not worth anything alone -- they are for unlocking, not reselling
* BUG FIXED: Supporters had trouble going into the next zone with you in tight spaces
* BUG FIXED: "Bad" healing ETUs were placed in zones that weren't really bad
* BUG FIXED: Stamina wasn't increasing as expected when taking damage
* BUG FIXED: You could keep targets selected that had been killed and removed from the game

v2.5 (sound effects and balancing)
* Sound effects! You can change the sound effects by replacing the .WAV files in the /sounds directory
* BALANCING: Reduced the rate at which stamina increases
* BALANCING: Reduced the stamina / strength increase when mining / destroying terrain
* BALANCING: ETUs no longer can have a "Health Rate" effect, unless they are a Healing ETU
* BALANCING: Significantly reduced the buy-back on items (it was too easy to make a fortune by mass-killing)
* BALANCING: Reduced the rate of resistance increases from soaking in elemental liquids

Ok, tried it... just for a few minutes. I just can't stand roguelikes :(
Well, here are my two cents. Remember that I have never played any roguelike, so some of my comments could be ignorant.
The main menu background should be changed with something more relevant :roll:
More graphics for people and creatures would help, but to the programmer's credit you can add your own if you wish. The real problem is that they are -- as far as I can tell -- randomly assigned to characters, so you have Emily Russel that looks like an alien and Melissa Wood who looks like a giant bug, etc.
The fact that you can't see anybody when you aren't facing them (only characters you are facing are visible) felt odd to me, but it is reasonable.
Everybody moves fast, and that is a problem if you have to target them, but an option to slow down time is thoughtfully provided.
Controls are simple and work well.
[/$0.02]
Try it for yourself, you might like it. I'm a slave of graphics.

edit: btw, we're at version 2.7 now.

phr00t

Novice
Hey guys,

Jeremy here -- the author of 3069.

I've been reading the posts here and trying to improve my game accordingly. I've fixed up the story / graphics -- and more recently, I have updated the "Main Menu" graphic to be more suitable (as you and others suggested). I'd like to find more NPC graphics, but it is hard to find decent "top down" sprites to use.. if you know of any free graphics repositories applicable to 3069, that'd be great.

3069 is a free game I made with my spare time, and I will try to keep improving it so hopefully some people are enjoying it :) Thanks for trying it out, and thank you for your feedback.

http://3069.phr00t.com/

- Phr00t

getter77

Augur
"v3D.0 Announcement: 3069 is going 3D (using Ogre), first-person style! Release scheduled for late September / early October."

Well...that should shake things up a bit!

phr00t

Novice
"v3D.0 Announcement: 3069 is going 3D (using Ogre), first-person style! Release scheduled for late September / early October."

Well...that should shake things up a bit!

And now it has been released :) v3D.0 includes many fixes and gameplay improvements on top of the new 3D graphics. Feel free to check it out, complete with new screenshots:

http://sites.google.com/site/free3069/

Thanks,
- Jeremy

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom