Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

2devs1engine

Tzaero

DEPARTED
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Commissioner Skyway, look its the Vault Dweller signal.
Its only a matter of time till he comes forth from the shadows.

4cuuajr.jpg

Vault Dweller

Commissar, Red Star Studio
Developer
Why are you guys tagging me?

Has Skyway being Skyway (i.e. posting silly things in hope of attention) become such a rare occurrence that you feel I must be informed of and partake in such a glorious event?

Vault Dweller

Developer
Time for an intervention? Maybe if we all tell Skyway how concerned we are... I mean, what was the last time he played a game seven times?

Severian Silk

Without actually getting my hands on the games, I don't think I can really tell them apart in terms of graphical quality.

Also,

VD is a waaaaaaaaaaay bigger attention whore than Skyway.

MetalCraze

Arcane
I tried playing AoD seven times but ended up finishing it 14 because every time I hit start button I get teleported to the end credits.

Regdar

Arcane
I don't typically engage in AoD bashing, but I have to say that playing the demo with a praetor was absolutely ridiculous. I greatly respect the push to remove the useless grind and filler from games but maybe some of that filler actually serves a purpose. On the other hand, if the only alternative to teleporting a player from dialogue to dialogue is running around the entire map hitting up NPCs for a few persuasion checks before moving on to the next quest objective, then perhaps the problem lies with allowing the player to get by without combat in the first place.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
With all due respect, there's nothing wrong with Clive Barker's Undying:)
It starts out as a mediocre Half-life clone with decent atmosphere for about fifteen hours that turns into a joke for about six and tedium for about 9.

DragoFireheart

all caps, rainbow colors, SOMETHING.
After reading a few posts, I've come to the conclusion that Skyway has some personal grudge against VD.

Are you afraid he'll prove you wrong Skyway?

Vault Dweller

Developer
I don't think that Skyway has a position or anything of that sort (i.e. a prerequisite in order to be proven wrong about something). He simply hates and his hate is pure and doesn't require a reason.

MCA
I like how the machete only deals like 6 damage on zombies while the hammer deals 40-something.

Someone should send Brian some pictures of skulls split open like a coconut with a machete.
Heavily abstracted mechanics are the best mechanics.

But those zombies did take too long to kill. Brian said in the final game they'll have fewer hitpoints than the minimum a human can have and they never level up, so there's that.

There is no greater way to fuck up a zombie RPG than using a straight HP system for zombies with imbalanced weapons as though it's a fucking shoot' em up. And no amount of DMG vs HP tweaking will absolve a game with crap authenticity. Then again, it took him how many years to finally see that AI controlled party is a no go? I doubt Brian's grasp and vision on game mechanics. I wouldn't expect Dead State combat to be a rewarding experience any time soon.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom