Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

1UP Makes Me Want to Smoke Crack

Jason

chasing a bee
<strong>[ Article ]</strong>

1UP just announced their <a href="http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3156878" target="_blank" title="1Up Awards">2006 1UP Awards</a> and the winner for <strong>Strategy Game of the Year</strong> is....<a href="http://www.vivapinata.com/default.htm" target="_blank" title="Viva Pinata">Viva Pinata</a>. Yes, <a href="http://media.1up.com/media?id=3091398&type=lg" target="_blank" title="Viva Motherfucking Pinata">Viva Pinata</a>. Now excuse me while I go stick my head in a microwave.<p>Spotted @ <a href="http://www.1up.com/do/home">1Up</a></p>

Ryuken

Liturgist
Quite disturbing as well is how none of the commentators below think that choice was odd.

Jason

chasing a bee
I don't know. Wii60_FTW seems to be pretty sharp.
Wii60_FTW said:
Best Shooter: GEARS. Best RPG: OBLIVION. GoTY: ZELDA TP! No Gay-RPGs or Fony turds? SUUUUUUUUUCK ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT HAAAARRRRRDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHAHAHAHahahaha...

Fez

Erudite
Has anyone here played Viva Pinata? I've no idea what it is like and the adverts I've seen for it so far have not enlightened me any more on this.

Dmitron

Arbiter
Once saw a video showing a gaggle of 1up "journos" flying back from some game show.. It burned into my brain.. Self important turds.

Jason

chasing a bee
Wonder if they mention the whole being hung on a rope and torn to pieces by children with sticks part?
Pondering Pinatas
In practice, then, unlike the virtual pet games, Viva Pinata is about learning to let go of empathy. You have to learn to harden your heart. To me and my wife, who are coming by only occasionally to ask how things are going, it’s startling and disturbing to hear the glee with which the cute pet of an hour ago is now dinner for something else. Despite the many steps involved in getting a Pigxie, I had to beg my son not to sacrifice him as food just to get a Mellowolf. “What’s the big deal?” he said. “I can always just order another one.”

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
4.jpg

Hot fox right there.

Focus: This can't be happening. WTF.

Jason

chasing a bee
It was actually about MTV.
MTV makes me wanna smoke crack

Fall out of the window and I'm never comin' back

MTV makes me wanna get high

Can't get a ride no matter how I try

And everything's perfect

And everything's bright

And everyone's perky

And everyone's uptight

I love those videos

I watch them all day

(What's the problem?)

Uh… I dunno just stop the tape…

Hey alright, MTV, whoa, makes me want to smoke
crack

Fly out the window and I'm never coming back

MTV makes me want to get high as a moon

Like a rubber balloon

Ah get that squeegee!

Everything's wonderful

Everything's grand

Everything's swinging

All across the land, you know it!

Bust out the biscuits

Strike up the band

Play those videos

Every woman and man

'Cause MTV, whoa

Makes me want to smoke crack

Hey, fly out the window

And I'm never coming back

Oh MTV makes me want to get hiiigh as a kite

Gettin' all uptight

Take it!

[piano solo]

Ah yea

Fake it 'til you make it!

Right about now

Steppin' into a cold-ass fashion

Ah yea, weed-whack that thing!

I work down at the video store

Making some change

With a sparkle in my step

And a smile on my face

Condominiums rising above

And those videos are better than love

Yeah! MTV… One

MTV, check!

MTV makes me want to smoke crack!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom