Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

12 reasons why F2 is a bad Fallout game

typical user

Arbiter
Your avatar matches with the stuff you type.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
:notsureifserious:

Including Siege of Dragonspear.
BG saga with SOD was like having the opportunity to have sex with Brianna Banks (BG1 & TOSTC) to Jenna Jameson (BG2) but then being told you had to stick Ron Jeremy in there, or Peter Of The North...
But I get the gist of you post if serious.

Come on now... I know it is "edgy" and the "codexy thing to do" to shit on Siege of Dragonspear, but it wasn't THAT bad, really. It will not take any masterpiece awards anytime soon but i had fun with it. I know i know, it had minor SJW stuff in it, so the proper thing to do to be accepted by the cool kids is to shit on it, but i am a boring 35 year old not a cool kid.

I would definitely give a 7/10 to SoD. And the last boss was a blast from the past from my favourite IE games, Icewind Dale! What's not to like?

Drowed

Arcane
And the last boss was a blast from the past from my favourite IE games, Icewind Dale! What's not to like?

The fact that fighting this boss, with the party going in that place, doesn't make any sense in the context of the setting and the characters? I thought it was by common agreement that this boss was one of the negatives points of SOD, not positive. I mean, even Gamefaqs and Reddit think it's bad, it's not even a Codex thing.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Including Siege of Dragonspear.
BG saga with SOD was like having the opportunity to have sex with Brianna Banks (BG1 & TOSTC) to Jenna Jameson (BG2) but then being told you had to stick Ron Jeremy in there, or Peter Of The North...
But I get the gist of you post if serious.

Come on now... I know it is "edgy" and the "codexy thing to do" to shit on Siege of Dragonspear, but it wasn't THAT bad, really. It will not take any masterpiece awards anytime soon but i had fun with it. I know i know, it had minor SJW stuff in it, so the proper thing to do to be accepted by the cool kids is to shit on it, but i am a boring 35 year old not a cool kid.

I would definitely give a 7/10 to SoD. And the last boss was a blast from the past from my favourite IE games, Icewind Dale! What's not to like?

I'm a bit older than you, and this isn't the first embarassing reference I've made to my sex life (the other one involved Liara and Tali sex dolls) to show that I'm not really interested in being edgy. I'm not even being edgy by saying that, honestly. Hand on heart - maybe you haven't reached that point yet - but SOD represented the first game I've ever played that was so bad at conveying the story and structuring it's sentences that I genuinely thought it was written by someone who didn't have English as their first language. I actually couldn't understand, analyse, evaluate (and when I gave up on that) even just identify any kind of rationale in the story.

I know this has been done to death, so I'l leave it there. Just give it a few years and you may actually find that people 15-20 years younger than you, with brains wired up differently, are producing games that are just incomprehensible. And in case anyone is wondering (or not) bring on the next Fallout game with a character in it as enjoyable to have in my party as Rose of Sharon Cassidy, and give her a gigantic cock and balls if you want, I just don't care, as long as I can identify with the character and find her interesting and fun...

...But that's the issue isn't it?.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

:drink:
Yep, although I have been reading the Codex since the early 2000's. But back then I wasn't confident enough in my English language skills to join forums (took me almost 15 years to level up that skill enough).

Also been playing RPGs, hosting P&P sessions (I was even a DCI official DM back in the old days, I think I still might have my card somewhere in some box or something) and developing P&P RPG systems for fun, for more than 2 decades now.

:grpg:

I also used the internet in the 00's and think Fallout 2 is rather shitty. Not a bad game by far, but I am having trouble justifying wading through shit to get to the good shit. Ya know it might have something to do with playing the game for over twenty years. Probably that. Don't mind me I am just going to take a shit over here in the corner of this thread...

Z2tMX2d.jpg

2guMld3.gif

Electryon

Savant
This has to be the most easy-to-troll forum on the internet. Just appear out of nowhere and dare to say Fallout (or Arcanum, or any Bioware/BlackIsle/Troika game for that matter) were shit. If you want to be even edgier, attack Age of Decadence. The thread will be filled with pages in mere seconds dude!

I would only attack half of them, but the first two Fallout games would be at the top of my list simply because the interface and combat is fucking terrible.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The only thing for certain is that RPG Codex has the highest concentration of fantasy faggots on the planet. Almost makes you wish for a nuclear enema.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
The only thing for certain is that RPG Codex has the highest concentration of fantasy faggots on the planet. Almost makes you wish for a nuclear enima.

Being gay and knowing what this nuclear strategy really is, it's nuclear enema.

I know that I am just a spergy shitposting Dyslexic dumbfuck retard.

See? I had to correct that shit too just now. Fuck my life. And my eyes. And my brain.

Seriously. I think this PRK eye surgery wore the fuck off. I just had to zoom this shit to 200%.

Last edited:

Bigg Boss

Arcane
TMWtZqr.png

These fucking pics keep breaking on me. Goddamn. Is it broke for you?

If so here it is again. Nope it is back again. This weird little firewall is being a cunt.
iPq64AS.png

Last edited:

Martyr

Arcane
WTF is wrong with your brother? He get bullied every winter in school or something?
maybe too much driving in snow :P last winter was brutal, I almost crashed into another car because of icy roads and brakes locking on the Autobahn. if that had happened maybe I too would dislike snow in games by now ;)

Cael

Arcane
WTF is wrong with your brother? He get bullied every winter in school or something?
maybe too much driving in snow :P last winter was brutal, I almost crashed into another car because of icy roads and brakes locking on the Autobahn. if that had happened maybe I too would dislike snow in games by now ;)
You were on an autobahn. If you crashed, you won't be here to dislike anything... :D

Martyr

Arcane
You were on an autobahn. If you crashed, you won't be here to dislike anything... :D
that's true :D I was speeding in the left lane as usual and some guy pulled over in front of me, I was braking hard, brakes locked bc of ice. out of sheer luck I managed to switch to the middle and right lane because they were empty. people on the Autobahn can be such morons ... never looking in their mirrors.

Cael

Arcane
that's true :D I was speeding in the left lane as usual and some guy pulled over in front of me, I was braking hard, brakes locked bc of ice. out of sheer luck I managed to switch to the middle and right lane because they were empty. people on the Autobahn can be such morons ... never looking in their mirrors.
Not quite beat the retarded kiwi drivers.

On a coastal motorway where the speed limit is usually 80kph. It was raining HARD, and the rain was virtually horizontal. Visibility 3 meters, if that. You can't see anything in front of you, and to the left is the sea washing onto the motorway from wave action. Even the biggest trucks, those 16-wheelers, were travelling at no more than 50kph. Everyone had their lights on. Everything was in varying shades of grey.

Then, along comes this stupid bastard in a grey car, zooming by with a roar and blasting his horn at the slow traffic. All you can see is this unlit blur going past. His favourite lamb must be feeling real lonely that day and he was in a hurry to get to it to give it "comfort", the bloody sheep-shagging muppet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom