Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 10 Reasons Why Mass Effect 3 Will Be the Best in the Trilogy

Noceur said:
Climb ladders, eh? How will Bethesda respond to this? :smug:

EDIT: RPG of the year, gentlemans?

Saints Row 3, while not classified as such, will probably be more of an "RPG" than ME3 (based on the direction ME2 took).

Karmapowered

Augur
1. Most spectacular finale ever
Knowing what Bioware has been capable of, reserving my :doublefacepalm:, just in case.

2. New, more powerful Reapers
Was pretty much expected by everyone.

3. Superior combat options
Sounds good.

4. Ninja Shepard
No katanas ? Seemed like every BW game had to have those, even BG.
Next, a serious question : since there are ladders, do we (finally) get to *jump* in Bioware games ? Now *that* would cool!
Ladders without jumping = meh, not like we had 2011 technology or something.

5. Big decisions
Some more shallow marketing crap, like I had never heard of it before. Radiant AI, mature & gritty, awesome buttons...

6. Improved scanning
Take that you Mako haterz!
You didn't want the Mako, you'll get even more scanning.

7. Hiked difficulty
Want to see it, before I believe it.

8. Souped-up Normandy
Shame really.
I really liked the first Normandy, you know, not the bloated space-hotel, featuring aquariums, restaurants and individual cabins for all the retardsrejects of the galaxy.

9. Clearer plot development
Great stuff, I can't wait to discover what that's supposed to mean :

QuestHelper--article_image.jpg

10. The return of the Illusive Man
You mean Miranda's father, right ?

:troll:

PS : Not a single word about the most essential part of ME3 the whole ME franchise.

:x

Lord Andre

Arcane
Google Bullshit to English translator:

"I know DA2 was so bad, it sucked the gay right out of Elton John's ass but Bioware paid me to tell you that ME3 will be great. And in case you're wondering how I can swallow so many EA donkey cocks at once - it's because I'm a professional journalist."

Also

"7. Hiked difficulty" :smug:

Keep fighting the good fight with your throat !
:thumbsup:

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I half-suspect Bioware is trolling their fanbase by not mentioning Tali in any preview material.

As for the difficulty, it shouldn't be hard for them to increase. Veteran was basically easy in ME2, and only the two difficulties after that offered any challenge at all. Even then it was easy to stay alive as long as you paid attention.

Jools

Eater of Apples
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Insert Title Here Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Re: 10 Reasons Why Mass Effect 3 Will Be the Best in the Tri

lol, there's gonna be an "awesome" button in ME3 as well! *preorders 5 copies, since nothing that comes in less than 5 copies can be too awesome*

circ

Arcane
Wow it took 5 years of coding practice to implement...ladders.

Anyway, DOES THIS COME WITH A TALI DOLL IN THE PACKAGE? I'D LIKE TO LICK I MEAN UH NEVERMIND. TALI ICECREAM FOR EVERYONE.

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
Xor said:
abnaxus said:
Xor said:
I half-suspect Bioware is trolling their fanbase by not mentioning Tali in any preview material.
tumblr_ljiw8zo1Nj1qzium9o1_500.jpg

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/7047962

Even Bioware realizes how creepy their fanbase is, and apparently they don't like it.

Is this for real? That would be most stupendous indeed. And Garrus will be back too, he is a bro. ME3 will be the true decline-incline of Bioware. Soon both words will fuse to reveal the mysteries of the substances of the universe to all unbelievers. :thumbsup:

Drakron

Arcane
Serious_Business said:
Is this for real?

The image is a just a shop, the link leads to a tread were the header is "Dispelling the fake. I did not say this".

I think all the romance options will be squad members, the big issue is the suicide mission and I suspect several of the new party members are there just to replace those "might be dead" characters.

7. Hiked difficulty

Shepard's saved the galaxy so often he can probably do it from the comfort of his bedroom, with one arm tied behind his back, while having zero-G intercourse with [Insert Preferred Love Interest Here]. Accordingly, BioWar has given the difficulty settings a shot in the arm. Expect new, more resourceful enemy AI routines, skilled in the dark arts of flanking, suppression and the Zergling rush.

>>Implying Bioware would risk ruining the sells sales of the grand finale with complaints of inept game journalists about it being "too hard"

lol, good luck with that

edit: Wtf, "sells"? Time for some caffeine

Jim Cojones said:
I hope she dies if you boned her in ME2.

:lol:

And then have Me3's new romance end because the new girl found out you killed a vulnerable friend just so you could have a quick fuck.

*evilgasm*

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
The other day, I saw a level 42 Talimancer weilding the dick of disbeleiving roaming the presidium.

He was talking about what Talis sweat would taste like.

tali-sweat.jpg

1. Most spectacular finale ever

I suspect it won't out-spectacular even what passes as a boring Monday in the WH40k universe, and it's ending is probably something like Commander Retard kills the arch-robot or gives them a computer virus or something.

2. New, more powerful Reapers

More likely new, weaker robots so that the player has something to kill.

3. Superior combat options

Hopefully. Hey how about maneuverability, that would be a truly superior option? Like how about not all corridors with chest-high walls?

4. Ninja Shepard

Uhm, climbing ladders = ninja? How about cybernetic leg powered backflips, jetpacks, power slides, ah, whatever, corridor shooter.

5. Big decisions

Leave the planet with the species dead or as allies that won't help in any substantial way. There are no big decisions in a game where you can't lose.

6. Improved scanning

What? Why didn't they get rid of that shit? Hooker 3 the best hooker ever - now with super syphilis!

7. Hiked difficulty

Yeah right, a real challenge to your patience.

8. Souped-up Normandy

The thing you don't get to do anything with? It could be the fucking Death Star and it still wouldn't matter.

9. Clearer plot development

Well I'm really tired but I don't even get what this means. So what the hell was unclear about ME 1 and 2? What narrative ramifications? I'm imagining it'll be just robots are killing everybody, please stop them, everything you do helps your goal of stopping the robots.

10. The return of the Illusive Man

So the sequel has the central character of the previous title. That's so unexpected!

So who are these OGX people anyway?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
See, finds like that need to be in The Best Thread ever topic Ulminati. Comedy Gold.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom