Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Editorial 10 Reasons Why Fable III Will Be the Best Yet

VentilatorOfDoom

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Fable 2; Lionhead Studios

<p>CVG have <a href="http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=268694" target="_blank">assembled a list with 10 reasons</a> why <strong>Fable 3</strong>, or "Turdle 3" how it is endearingly called by its greatest fans, will be absolutely awesome.</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>Of course the nextgen-menu is number 1:</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span class="text_article_body"><span class="crosshead">1. OFF THE MENU</span><br /> There'll be no endlessly dipping into menus in Fable III. Responding to fan feedback Lionhead has added a neat new feature that sees you warp directly to a hub area with a press of the start button. Here you'll be greeted by Jasper the butler and have access to several rooms including an achievement chamber and a walk-in wardrobe! But wait, there's more...<br /><br /><span class="crosshead">2. MAP'S MORE LIKE IT</span><br /> The centre-piece of your HQ is the map table. From here you can warp to any area on the map but more importantly you can monitor towns up close. This allows you to keep track of any active quests you have going as well as manage your financial investments. The end result is a far more accessible and infinitely more entertaining way to manage your game.</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>And what else?</p>
<blockquote>
<p><span class="text_article_body"><span class="crosshead">4. GNOME YOUR ENEMY</span><br /> Remember the potty-mouthed gargoyles from Fable II? We spent ages finding all of them, but the rewards were great. In the third game in the series you'll be hunting garden gnomes instead. Harmless enough you might think, but there's definitely something sinister about their glowing white eyes. If that's not enough to convince you of their inherent creepiness, wait till you hear them sing...</span></p>
</blockquote>
<p>Garden gnomes? Awesome. Did Ultima have garden gnomes? I doubt it. Another point for Fable 3.</p>
<p><span class="text_article_body"><br /></span></p>
<p>Spotted at: <a href="http://www.gamebanshee.com/news/100046-10-reasons-why-fable-iii-will-be-the-best-yet.html">GB</a></p>

xemous

Arcane
THIS IS A CHILDRENS GAME YOU IDIOTS LIKE BARBIES HORSES OR KATIES MAKEUP SALON

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
YOU MORONS DONT SEE AWESOMENESS OF THIS GAME, FUCKING HATERS, SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GO PLAY YOUR FALLLOUTT LLOLOLOLOLK HATERS GONNA HATE BUT I KNOW MOLYNEUX IS SO COOL AND HE'S GOING TO MAKE GREAT RPG WHICH HALF OF THE CODEX WILL PLAY. HE IS A TRUE BRO, HERO, SAVIOR OF THE RPG GENRE. BOW YOUR HEADS UNGRATEFUL HATERS TO THE NEW MASTER.

CrimHead

Scholar

639_tommy-lee-jones-serious.gif

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I can't wait to find out how loading an area I have to walk around in is quicker and easier than a simple menu...

Achilles

Arcane
I can't decide which of the two possibilities is worse: That he (the journalist) whored himself out to the publisher or that he actually and honestly believes what he wrote.

poocolator

Erudite
The Order of Discalced Codexian Convulsionists
Alexandros said:
I can't decide which of the two possibilities is worse: That he (the journalist) whored himself out to the publisher or that he actually and honestly believes what he wrote.
Don't get upset with him. He's just a child (if not physically, then mentally).
It's like that thing from Mad Max Thunderdome.
Oh, yeah:
btBlaster.jpg

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
I remember the epic Edge interview with Molyneux in their 200th issue where he talked about "OMG we used to have player health just because everyone did it before on the Nintendo, it's useless!" Same with menu systems and player death as well I guess.

Nevermind that there might be actual reasons why these things are consistent throughout gaming history. Like say, I don't know, a menu is easier and quicker to use than loading a fucking house to change your sword.

hoochimama

Liturgist
You see a lot more male than female skin in those models, lionhead knows the rpg audience too well.

roll-a-die

Magister
At least scale them from the desktop sized one from before gawker reprocesses it

prosbeforepros.jpg

kris

Arcane
Can't say I found one positive thing among those TEN. Possibly that thing about being king.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom