Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Helldivers 2

It is important to know why the players won this time, so the victory can be repeated in the future.
They didn't win. Sony now know they have to force a PSN account at launch and can't add it later. Every PS game going forward will have this as a requirement. Probably even if it's single player. It's not even a bloody nose for Sony. They learned a way to turn the dildo sideways as they fuck you and you think it's a win they didn't do it this time.

You are confusing a battle with a war. The players won this battle; Sony did not get what it wanted. But the war goes on, as I noted in my first point, and the enemy gets to learn from experience too.

Hell Swarm

Educated
It is important to know why the players won this time, so the victory can be repeated in the future.
They didn't win. Sony now know they have to force a PSN account at launch and can't add it later. Every PS game going forward will have this as a requirement. Probably even if it's single player. It's not even a bloody nose for Sony. They learned a way to turn the dildo sideways as they fuck you and you think it's a win they didn't do it this time.

You are confusing a battle with a war. The players won this battle; Sony did not get what it wanted. But the war goes on, as I noted in my first point, and the enemy gets to learn from experience too.
Just you wait and see my friend. There is zero chance this is an actual win because Sony aren't the only people demanding this. Many countries force moderation on chat through hate speech type of laws and threaten companies who don't comply. I don't want to bring politics into this but look into the Biden administrations pressure on Facebook and other platforms. This isn't as simple as a PSN account, there's likely more going on for Sony to do this and they will find another way to do it.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
I wonder who gets to hold the bill at the end of this.
Valve paying refunds, does Sony pay them back? Sony backing off from the account integration, does Arrowhead Studios have to pay Sony something back now?
Certainly on the PR front, Valve come off looking good, Arrowhead come off like pushovers (though its understandable), and Sony come off like "sorry we got caught".

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
maybe there should be a big fat lawsuit settling this, considering sony sold the games for months in countries without psn coverage.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Selling the game to custommers that you know wouldn't be able to access it?
ross.JPG

https://www.stopkillinggames.com/

Hell Swarm

Educated
maybe there should be a big fat lawsuit settling this, considering sony sold the games for months in countries without psn coverage.
Would take almost a decade to go through and by that point it will be common practice to force these accounts on you any way or the whole concept will be dead. Microsoft tried the same thing with Windows live and gave up on it pretty fast.

ultimanecat

Arcane

I mean, yeah sure.

Same reason the LGBT capes were shot down.

Course, something tells me such logic is lost on someone like this.

They made a fag flag cape? Insta kill on sight I'm guessing?

Usual suspects keep asking for trans/gay capes to own the chuds but in a game like this its pretty easy to “accidentally” frag somebody like it’s ‘Nam so it quite literally would paint a target on your back.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
If it's like the first game, friendly fire is a part of the gameplay. Imagine someone with a fag flag on their back deciding they've been friendly fired one too many times because of the fag flag. You know the majority of gaming "news" sites would feverishly write article after article about virtual fag bashing in Helldivers 2. Arrowhead is smart on this.

Hell Swarm

Educated
If it's like the first game, friendly fire is a part of the gameplay. Imagine someone with a fag flag on their back deciding they've been friendly fired one too many times because of the fag flag. You know the majority of gaming "news" sites would feverishly write article after article about virtual fag bashing in Helldivers 2. Arrowhead is smart on this.
Dead by daylight has fag charms. They specifically said if you hunt fags you will get banned, which is completely unenforceable because there's no way to know if you're a fag hunter or you just want to kill that specific person and put effort into it. But fags do try to get people banned for arbitrary rules they put on the game and whine when randoms they never speak to before or after the game don't follow them.

Mauman

Learned
And you just know that the majority of these people shot "for being lgbt" would really just be shot for being insufferable pricks (seems to go hand in hand when someone wants to shout out their whatever).

Wouldn't stop them from claiming "hate". So yeah, such flags are a really, REALLY bad idea for everyone. The insufferable pricks just don't get it.

Caim

Arcane
And you just know that the majority of these people shot "for being lgbt" would really just be shot for being insufferable pricks (seems to go hand in hand when someone wants to shout out their whatever).

Wouldn't stop them from claiming "hate". So yeah, such flags are a really, REALLY bad idea for everyone. The insufferable pricks just don't get it.
Imagine getting banned because you warned that you were about to deploy an airstrike but some dipshit ran into the blast zone and started to call you a transphobe because of it.

Tehdagah

Arcane
Warframe and Fall Guys required account registration after the games were released. Zero outrage.

Inb4 "people on Congo can't play Helldivers 2"

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member

Mauman

Learned
Am I hallucinating or did Steam change how one accesses Steam forums? I don't see the option from the basic community page. You can get it if you own the game via your library, but if not you have to go through one of the event/update posts which seems a bit odd.

Or your own post history if you already had a post there, but the point stands.

It doesn't prevent a person from posting there if they don't own the game, but it does make you jump through hoops.

edit - ok, the discussion button has returned to the community hub. That was weird :/

Warframe and Fall Guys required account registration after the games were released. Zero outrage.

Inb4 "people on Congo can't play Helldivers 2"
https://www.eurogamer.net/sony-admitted-the-great-psn-hack-five-years-ago-today

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/classr...-steal-sony-playstation-players-personal-data

I think there's a few more reasons than being able to play with people in the Congo.
they specifically talked about how it would make it easier to ban people and police what they say and do in the game. this was a big one for me. #1, people saying gamer words or griefing have been the tiny exception that proves the rule: this isn't actually necessary and we don't need hall monitors. leave game/kick player is always an option. if you're friendless to the point where you get "harassed" by random people all the time, the problem is you. so this, and the fact that sony is the least secure console network (also the fact that pc players shouldn't have to deal with any console bullshit)

Shurakan

Novice
Democracy just keeps on winning.

One of the smooth brained community managers was fired: https://thatparkplace.com/helldivers-2-community-manager-spitz-fired/

This brave hero apparently did not know that telling customers to leave bad reviews and get refunds is only slightly better than telling them that he'll fuck their moms if they keep complaining.

No, really: “Generally it’s not a good idea to tell people to refund and leave negative reviews when you’re a community manager. TIL.”

One of the other managers appears to have pronouns in her bio, so they should probably seize the opportunity and shit can her too. Note that I don't know anything about her, but I'd put down money that those pronouns means she's a massive sandbag for the company.

Hell Swarm

Educated

One of the smooth brained community managers was fired: https://thatparkplace.com/helldivers-2-community-manager-spitz-fired/

This brave hero apparently did not know that telling customers to leave bad reviews and get refunds is only slightly better than telling them that he'll fuck their moms if they keep complaining.

No, really: “Generally it’s not a good idea to tell people to refund and leave negative reviews when you’re a community manager. TIL.”

One of the other managers appears to have pronouns in her bio, so they should probably seize the opportunity and shit can her too. Note that I don't know anything about her, but I'd put down money that those pronouns means she's a massive sandbag for the company.
Have you seen the deck crew? They're all fucking niggers. Ugly, 'female' niggers. A community manager isn't a drop in the bucket

Mauman

Learned

Pretty much everyone (including their chief mod purple*) needs to go with the exception of Twinbeard who evidently is the only CM/mod that didn't try to be a complete asshole.

*seriously, not liking someone is fine (Mark Kern in this case). Outright lying about them is not. That's like lawsuit potential stupid.

Oh, and banning anyone who points that out just let's everyone know you're a power mad psycho.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom