Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Dragon's Dogma II - "They’re masterworks, all – you can’t go wrong"

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
People are underestimating how good the Archer class is. I blame the pawns who just don't know how to use it. People hire them and are like "why is this MFer so retarded?" That needs fixed. If you're controlling the Archer it's one of the most badass classes in the game. Sniping weakpoints on powerful monsters is satisfying af. Niggas need to learn to aim.

H. P. Lovecraft's Cat

SumDrunkCat
It's hilarious how unforgiving this game is in terms of quests.
I had Medusa's head for the sculpture quest but I pissed around too much trying to progress other quests and now the head has rotted and is useless. FUUUUUUCK

Also some quests are so obtuse to even get triggered. You could play through the game 100 times and still miss certain quests without a guide. It's amazing.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
making the main story line even less coherent than the one in dd1 vanilla is quite the achievement.
Dragon nicks your heart, kill dragon to get it back?

Took me years to figure it out.
Not surprised. You don't even understand the majesty of Chrono Trigger. :smug:

As an aside, re: SDC: That was quick. :lol:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Fighting Chimera at lvl 20 with a retarded archer is pure bullshit joy :)

It looks like the dynamic difficulty means that the game will add more mobs in packs. I just fought a 8+ gang of goblins.

Falksi

Arcane

Reinhardt

Arcane
"master casting something big! soooo cooool! i wanna help too!" HEY, MASTER, CATCH THE BARREL!

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Despite all the flaws this game is addictive as crack. Unbelievable.

I don't think I've played a game which gave me this sense of adventure in long time. It's bonkers.

This run I've started with an archer, now I intend to max fighter and then max warrrior :)

Shaki

Arbiter

I don't think I've played a game which gave me this sense of adventure in long time. It's bonkers.

This run I've started with an archer, now I intend to max fighter and then max warrrior :)
Yeah, I'm nearly 100 hours in now, I genuinely can't remember when was the last time I had so much fun with a game.

Artyoan

Arbiter

I'm maxing all vocations before NG+ and the endgame sequence I think. Hitting up some side quests that I'm still happening upon.

Liking the game more as I play it, despite the difficulty complaints. Just switched to a thief and now doing stupid damage while hunting dragons. I also have daggers that ping when near a treasure.

Forsake all delusions of efficiency and just enjoy an adventure.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Forsake all delusions of efficiency and just enjoy an adventure.

YES!

I think this is key to getting the most out of DD.

I haven't beaten the game for the first time yet and haven't discovered all the vocations or master skills or anything and have a crazy amount of hours in the game since I have been no lifing the game since launch.

I need to start slowing down and getting back to reality, but looking at the rest of this year's release schedule, I'm pretty sure this is my GOTY.

Stoned Ape

Savant
Bumped into a pawn while fighting phantoms at night and didn't recognise the weapons it was using so talked to it and looked at its profile. I think there's something fishy going on.

Fuck rpgcodex for not allowing me to upload the screenshots with that crappy image upload tool or posting direct image links, but basically the pawn was level 24 but had all vocations at max rank and had over 600 in attack, defence, magick and magick defence. Clicking through onto their master, they also had all vocations at max rank and similar attack & defence values.

My Pawn was level 24 and has been a mage from the start but only had rank 8 in that vocation, while my main was rank 6 in Fighter and Thief, and rank 4 in Warrior and Archer. Our best attack and defence values are around 300-ish. Other pawns I've looked at around my level mostly have values similar to mine.

Not that it really matters as it's a single player game, but I'm not sure why somebody would seemingly be cheating/exploiting when the game is pretty easy already.

mediocrepoet

Patron
Bumped into a pawn while fighting phantoms at night and didn't recognise the weapons it was using so talked to it and looked at its profile. I think there's something fishy going on.

Fuck rpgcodex for not allowing me to upload the screenshots with that crappy image upload tool or posting direct image links, but basically the pawn was level 24 but had all vocations at max rank and had over 600 in attack, defence, magick and magick defence. Clicking through onto their master, they also had all vocations at max rank and similar attack & defence values.

My Pawn was level 24 and has been a mage from the start but only had rank 8 in that vocation, while my main was rank 6 in Fighter and Thief, and rank 4 in Warrior and Archer. Our best attack and defence values are around 300-ish. Other pawns I've looked at around my level mostly have values similar to mine.

Not that it really matters as it's a single player game, but I'm not sure why somebody would seemingly be cheating/exploiting when the game is pretty easy already.

Yeah, I'd seen stuff like this too at least once or twice. I don't get it, but any time I see something like that or if I take a pawn that's too OP for my tastes, I just don't take them / get rid of them.

I've had sorcerers who may be legitimate but basically wipe everything out with meteors as soon as an encounter starts. I tend to drop them since it actively makes the game less fun for me. It's sort of an interesting trade off because the pawns are more efficient and intelligent at a base level in DD2, so you more often come across some ruthless blender.

Yosharian

Arcane

It's a hacked pawn, there are tons of them about, people with the top pawns in the game are getting trolled by hackers who send illegal items as rewards for the pawn's owner, who then either experiences a crash, or some other issue

As to why, why do people ever cheat on games? It's for perceived clout, or they just want to watch the world burn

Jinn

Arcane
PC players should really consider using the adjustable difficulty mod and upping the damage dealt to yourself and your pawns to 1.75. Really ups the sense of lethality and overall tension, particularly in boss monster fights.

I applied it around the 30 hour mark when the power level started to noticeably tip in my favor and it's done wonders to keep the world more threatening and adventures more harrowing.

Suicidal

Arcane

It's a hacked pawn, there are tons of them about, people with the top pawns in the game are getting trolled by hackers who send illegal items as rewards for the pawn's owner, who then either experiences a crash, or some other issue

As to why, why do people ever cheat on games? It's for perceived clout, or they just want to watch the world burn
I recruited one today who was around level 30 but also had max ranks in all vocations and the stats were pretty high, but not that outlandish. The pawn quest also awarded gold. I hope I'm safe. I needed a pawn that knew elvish and it was the only one I could find. Might give her the boot tomorrow and get someone more reasonable.

Also fuck logistician pawns, they keep rearranging and crafting items from my pack without my permission triggering my OCD.

mediocrepoet

Patron

Also fuck logistician pawns, they keep rearranging and crafting items from my pack without my permission triggering my OCD.
Yeah, I won't hire Logisticians anymore for that reason. Makes me crazy, especially because they start making shit you don't need and use up stuff you're saving/aging.

Foragers and Elvish translators are useful, Chirurgeons are meh.

Alfgart

Augur
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Aside from Mage, what's the most hired pawn vocation?? After lvl 70+ my archer waifu is getting almost no rentals

Mortmal

Arcane
Okay the game took an unexpected turn.
So as others have asked: What the fuck was that story?
Why all the setup with conspiracies in Vermund and Batthal when they end up going nowhere?
There's nothing more to it, just a cut story. The bare minimum would have been to develop Phaesos's character and motives. I've never seen something so blatantly cut from the story in any video game ever.

Alternatively...

Who gives a shit about the machinations of mortals? You're potentially god.

It's just swept away as being utterly irrelevant and beneath you as the game transitions from your lowly beginnings as a zero - literally a slave to a minor hero to possible royalty to a deity. Compare this with something like BECMI D&D progression.
I only give a shit because it's a fantastic game that should have been bigger but was amputated because some exec wanted to be it out for quarterly profits, a stupid thing in itself for a multiyear project, but that's to please the shareholders. And then the cherry on the cake, the stupid, petty, greedy microtransactions for virtual items in a solo game. I smell the stench of that greedy, rotten executive soiling my precious hobby.

Zariusz

Arbiter
Aside from Mage, what's the most hired pawn vocation?? After lvl 70+ my archer waifu is getting almost no rentals
Like always, slut is the most wanted vocation and that means as long as she is hot any vocation might do, just make her wear either Stargazer set, Brunhildas Embrace or that outfit for seeker tokens. On the other hand, competition now is quite intense so basic pimp tactics might probably be not enough...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom