Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

NSFW Best Thread Ever [No SJW-related posts allowed]

Lautreamont

Augur
Today sure, but you should have seen the Warhammer crowd in 1992. It was a different world. Like everything else, another niche hobby gone mainstream and taken over by soyjaks and fags.

Halfling Rodeo

Educated
Today sure, but you should have seen the Warhammer crowd in 1992. It was a different world. Like everything else, another niche hobby gone mainstream and taken over by soyjaks and fags.
Warhammer was mainstream in the 90s in the UK. You don't have stores on the high street in every town and city in the UK and not be mainstream. Dawn of war is the American kick off point.

Viata

Arcane
Was Warhammer always an expensive hobby? I never knew any fan where I lived (probably because Brazil + poor area) and only learned about it around the late 00s because of the internet. But when I started learning about it, I found out people complained about the price and how some started to 3D print warhammer stuff because it was cheaper.

Jonathan "Zee Nekomimi

Hoarder of loli kats./ Funny ^._.^= ∫
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
usually they buy "bootleg" chink copies of variable degrees in quality (quality sellers are on high demand and fetch high prices). With the cheapness and advance of consumer grade 3d printers, some started printing their own.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
1706639066940.jpeg

Caim

Arcane
Is nigga playing the "fan translation" created by a guy that didn't know Japanese and just wrote the plot the way he thought it was?
the 90s jrpg and anime experience
Reminds me that I used to play a ROM of some JRPG for the SNES that was entirely in Japanese, where I just figured out that if I picked the right choice the characters did a transformation or special move and beat the enemy. It was some kind of turn-based diagonal isometric grid thingie set in the real world (or close enough to that) where one of the first levels was where the house of one of the characters gets invaded by monsters and you gotta fight them off. Never learned the real name of that one, it was just labeled "animated story" or something.

This is also how I bungled my way through the SNES version of Ultima 6, where I often managed to get 6 party members and either ran out of supplies, got lost in the dark or ran into a bunch of demons and died, then got frustrated and gave up until I tried again the next day.

Good times.

It reminds me of my early days playing Exile (the spiderweb game) as a kid who didn't even knew a lick of english. All I knew were the sounds it made at startup: "whooosh! aaarrrh!". I liked exploring the world though. I never knew why my characters kept dying.

Arthandas

Prophet
Is nigga playing the "fan translation" created by a guy that didn't know Japanese and just wrote the plot the way he thought it was?
Sounds like a regular jp -> en localisation.
I've recently watched a good video showcasing the problem of localizers doing whatever the hell they want including wokeness, fixing "sexist" jokes, rewriting the text etc.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Reminds me that I used to play a ROM of some JRPG for the SNES that was entirely in Japanese, where I just figured out that if I picked the right choice the characters did a transformation or special move and beat the enemy. It was some kind of turn-based diagonal isometric grid thingie set in the real world (or close enough to that) where one of the first levels was where the house of one of the characters gets invaded by monsters and you gotta fight them off. Never learned the real name of that one, it was just labeled "animated story" or something.
Wild guess of the day here, but... Energy Breaker?

Caim

Arcane
Wild guess of the day here, but... Energy Breaker?
Thanks, but that was not it. It was a bit more modern Japan looking (at least the initial level) and also a bit more zoomed in.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom