Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

sullynathan

Arcane
Played CupHead and got a heart attack.

Prince of Persia Two Thrones is still good.

Mortal Kombat is pissing me off, I believe this is Netherrealms way of punishing pirates by deleting story mode save files after you quite the game or go back to the main menu.

Okagron

Prophet
Still playing Hollow Knight and finally defeated Nightmare King Grimm. It took me well over two hours to beat him, but it was oddly fun.

Azalin

Arcane
Patron
Finished West of Loathing a good little indie rpg,good overall and funny,biggest drawback is its short length(took me under 10 hours and I did most sidequests)although you can keep playing after the final cutscene. Deserves more attention around here. Recommended,get it before the summer steam sale ends

Okagron

Prophet
Got the true ending in Hollow Knight. Yeah, the game is pretty great overall, definitely one of my favorite Metroidvanias so far. Only thing i'm missing to do is the Trial of Fools but i leave that for later. I have nearly 50 hours of playtime and i want to play something else. Can't wait for the next expansion though.

I already started my playthrough of S.T.A.L.K.E.R Shadows of Chernobyl.

Valky

Arcane
Manlet
Finished my weeaboo tower for item storage last week. Now I'm working on my japanese castle that will be across the lake, it's going to be massive, I already have a courtyard and tavern built.
g1UV6qc.png

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
To avoid burnout from the fast and breathtaking turn-based action i decided to mix it up with the deeply tactical mouse clicker and potion chugger known as the diablo, the original one of which i tried only the demo at the time.
Decided to try a warrior first, but got bored of him a little bit. Now i am trying a sorcerer, but i didn't have much luck with spellbooks to feel him truly yet. The game is good so far.

No Great Name

Arcane
Finished replaying Deus Ex and wrote up the usual review for it here.

It's been years since I last played it, so even though I was able to remember the general plot of the game, a lot of the actual details had been lost. I can say that I had just as much fun on this replay as I had the first time I played it. Most likely when I replay the game again, I will do so with a mod such as GMDX which I have heard very good things about.

Having said that, this game remains one of my all-time favorites due to everything coming together so nicely. That's not to say that it's a perfect game, for example the enemy AI can be easily abused sometimes, I can never trust ladders, and Swimming is still a useless skill. However, I can easily overlook these types of shortcomings (I've also heard that GMDX improves the AI?) as the level design, the plot, the reactivity to my actions, and the freedom I have in choosing how to complete an objective are all excellent. There's honestly not much that I can add that hasn't already been said before hundreds of times on RPGCodex.

39.jpg
32.jpg
42.jpg

I will be playing Yakuza for the PS2 next. I honestly don't know what to expect since I've never played any of the Yakuza games before or know much about them, so I guess I'll found out.

HansDampf

Arcane
Finished TIE Fighter. Fun game but a bit too long with 104 missions in total and the drawn-out hunt for Zaarin. It's funny how I used to think A-Wings were annoying. They seem like toys now after I've dealt with all of Zaarin's crap and his T/As and T/Ds. As long as you are sitting in a Missile Boat equipped with a Tractor Beam even T/Ds will turn into missile fodder. But for the last few missions the game puts you back into a T/A (you don't see many TIE Fighters in TIE Fighter). With 4 laser cannons and 2 ion cannons they have at least a great recharge rate. Transfer them to shields and you are almost invulnerable. But once you are out of missiles it's back to basic dogfighting vs. groups upon groups of T/Ds. :argh:

Achievements unlocked:
- Complete every mission on Medium difficulty
participationtrophy.png

- Become the Emperor's Reach :obviously:
- Use the Tractor Beam to crash an enemy T/D into a starship :salute:
- Wait 30 minutes for a Tug to complete a bonus objective
rating_prosper.png

- Dodge and destroy an incoming missile without targeting it
sweatonmybrow.png

- Achieve Korean level APM
aliens.png

sullynathan

Arcane
Not sure why so many said not to play Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's edge, it's not so bad so far. It's definitely much harder than Ninja Gaiden Σ2 was and it is more addicting. The game still has Ninja Gaiden Σ2's health system of losing your max health by taking damage but with a change that keeps the game far more difficult than Σ2. There are no longer health pickup's in game, and Ryu can heal by using Ninpo.

I prefer leveling up your weapons & ninpo on the fly over using orbs & visiting a shop but I do not like having to buy certain combos again that we're available in previous games from the beginning.

It is still just as linear as Σ2, but this time with a lot more QTE's which is shameful. The new mechanic in the game is steel on bone which is just an ultimate QTE. You dodge before an enemy does their special attack and you press the attack button that can insta-kill them and if you keep pressing the attack button insta-kills other enemies around you. Too much annoying QTE sections like sneaking up to an enemy to stealthily killing them, QTE during boss fights like jumping in the air and air dodging missles, etc. Enemies also seem to have a lot of health compared to Σ2 and there tends to be more enemies on screen.

One good thing they brought was the ability to see all your combos in game without pausing and a training mode. The game runs far better than Σ2, has far shorter and less loading times too.

Big Wrangle

Not much on my end recently. Mostly continuing Wizardry 8, got to a point where I feel comfortable taking on ambushes instead of running away like a pussy.
On the other side, there is God Hand, the most woke game ever.

Finished TIE Fighter. Fun game but a bit too long with 104 missions in total and the drawn-out hunt for Zaarin. It's funny how I used to think A-Wings were annoying. They seem like toys now after I've dealt with all of Zaarin's crap and his T/As and T/Ds. As long as you are sitting in a Missile Boat equipped with a Tractor Beam even T/Ds will turn into missile fodder. But for the last few missions the game puts you back into a T/A (you don't see many TIE Fighters in TIE Fighter). With 4 laser cannons and 2 ion cannons they have at least a great recharge rate. Transfer them to shields and you are almost invulnerable. But once you are out of missiles it's back to basic dogfighting vs. groups upon groups of T/Ds. :argh:

Yeah, the game definitely has a bit of a problem in that, having multiple expansions, the end game of T/D and Missile Boats vs. T/Ds gets dragged out over multiple additional tours of duty.

rating_prosper.png

Is that with or without time acceleration x4?

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Still trying to 100% DS2 Scholar.
Just the miracle and the pyro achievement left, which pretty much require you to get to NG++, because I'm not getting to rank 3 in those covenants.
I'm loving the Fume Ultragreatsword, but the 30 dex requirement is really dumb. Its as if From gave up trying to make weapons, and they stuck on a bunch of bullshit requirements to make you respec or grind to use the new weapons.

Last edited:

HansDampf

Arcane
rating_prosper.png

Is that with or without time acceleration x4?
Without.
I was supposed to capture a T/D, disabled three of them. Two were destroyed by other fighters (not my wingmen, so no Shift-I). I sent everyone home before they could get to the last one, but that one was so far away from the platform that launched the Tug...

Kabas

Arcane
Patron
Conquered the ever infamous arena and visited space. Finished the dwarf run.
I kinda agree with that codex review. Arena chapter does showcase the true greatness of the item and stat systems, though it still feels to me like i spent too much time here.
Those damn second wave barbarians will be visiting me in my nightmares

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
MdINWv9.jpg

Seems legit.
Alright! He got through, way to go Jorji
This might be the most stressful thing I've played in years. There's a reason I don't do RTSs, and the reason is much the same as the reason I suck ass at this game. Fuck if it isn't growing on me though.

Edit: Oh, for fuck's sake, now I have to shoot at people? Pls gimme a break, game.
In Arstotzka, is no breaks. Glory to Arstotzka.

Last edited:

flyingjohn

Arcane
Played several versions of adventureland.Finished it on the commodore 64 emulator.Well it is one of the first text adventure games so my expectations were grounded and even then,well,it is playable but nothing special.You can beat it under half an hour and the parser is basic.
I mean it doesn't help that not even a year later zork come out.
If you want to play the game just run the commodore 64 version.The game is simple so the commodore loading problem doesn't exist here.Also you get some fancy graphics.

The apple 2 version has a graphics version as well,but it is slow and ugly.

Just for the love of God don't play the atari 8 bit version.
270347-adventureland-atari-8-bit-screenshot-introduction-screen.png

That font!

Deleted member 7219

Completed Doki Doki Literature Club, took about 4 hours, first 3 hours were torturously slow, final hour was interesting, not normally my bag but overall it was worth the playthrough considering it was free, and it took a nice dark turn.

My Steam Link arrived yesterday, so I’ve been trying to get through my backlog - Tales of Berseria and Final Fantasy XII being at the top of the list due to controller compatibility and stable performance. Gaming is pretty much on pause though while the summer heatwave lasts and the World Cup is on.

Replaying half life 2. Spent most of the level aggressively running at every Combine I saw till they beat me to death with sticks. Failed to fix the tic tac toe spinner, triggering unpleasant flashbacks to my first playthrough. Awkwardly crouched on a swing and slowly waddled in an attempt to generate enough momentum to actually swing. Failed. Possibly caused the death of an entire city block. Magnified a scientist's pants. Plugged in the faulty life support of a teleporter. Recharged battery by beating a small camera with a crowbar. Was fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom