Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Cael

Arcane
Restarting Tactics.

This time, I am going with the power of punch and using all of the characters with sneak tagged and high strength for the run. Unarmed can be raised untagged, but will need sneak tagged for sneaking in power armour. Should be hilarious in TB.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Currently playing:
GTA VC and SA: For old times' sake. I can't tell if it's finger-memory or actual skills but most missions I had trouble with as a kid, even with the cheats on, I breeze through effortlessly now.
Homm series: I'm running through 1 and 4 right now. And I clearly suck.
Jagged Alliance 2: Looking for some pilot in a swamp. Furthest I've gotten, and this game, baby. This game.
Sea Dogs 2: CoAS: Derping around, trying to get all my weapon skills maxed out before I take on the longer quests. Somehow this game is very likely to inflict restart-itis on me, dunno why. Could be the somewhat satisfying skill progression it comes with.
Outcast: Taking a break from this game was a bad idea, now in a rage I'm punching every Fae Talan in sight. But what grandeur this game has.
Fallout 2: Lost my old saves, so I'm starting afresh.

Self-Ejected

Harry Easter

Self-Ejected
I'm a bit jealous - I got burned out few months ago. I am not going to play NV in next 10 years.

To be fair, I let it rest for four years, after trying to play it with DLC's and Survival mode. Big mistake, if you are underleveled and try to play Old World Blues :D. I will just enjoy the world a bit and try survival mode next time in another four years or so :D.

Okagron

New Vegas is one of those games where i sometimes wish i could erase the memory of all my playthroughs and experience everything again.

Word!

Krivol

Magister
To be fair, I let it rest for four years, after trying to play it with DLC's and Survival mode. Big mistake, if you are underleveled and try to play Old World Blues :D. I will just enjoy the world a bit and try survival mode next time in another four years or so :D.

OWB is scaling to your level, so getting too high exp lvl may be hurting (I managed to pass it with ease at 30+ lvl because some mod added totally OP M1 gun). I think it's the case with all DLCs.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

OWB is scaling to your level, so getting too high exp lvl may be hurting (I managed to pass it with ease at 30+ lvl because some mod added totally OP M1 gun). I think it's the case with all DLCs.
Dunno, I've not had trouble with any of the dlcs except LR. Those tunnelers give me pause occasionally, but that's it.
I wish I could forget Dead Money, at least. Second, third and fourth run-throughs felt rather tame.

Krivol

Magister
Well, OC was so easy that I didn't bother with optimizing my build and that's why DLCs were quite hard (LR had some very nasty deathclaws IIRC, impossible to kill with just single sniper headshot).

Self-Ejected

unfairlight

Self-Ejected
Still doing Gothic 2.
Got to chapter 3 and 22 hours in. Don't think I will be completing it in that save, I missed out on way too much content chapter 1 and 2, and I am underleveled to boot so I started a new game and I'm gonna try to comb through more of the content. Paladins also weren't really for me, probably going to join the Fire Mages instead. I found stuff I missed just 10 minutes into the game. Outside Xardas' tower to the left, there was a cave of goblins that led down a valley in which some NPC was by a campfire, can't believe I missed that the first time. Really liking the game so far though.

Big Wrangle

So I did miss out on something in the initial area! I was always under the impression I cleaned the entire place out since I went through it 3 times, Thanks for the discovery. God I'm so stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:

Perkel

Arcane
Tried to play Danganroppa series because i fucking love Zero Escape series and shitload of people said it was almost equal...

It is piece of shit and people who say it is should go and fuck themselves with anime dicks like fucking shitty weeboos they are. Yes logic is consistent but characters are complete tropes, shitty anime bear, completely needless overdone execution scenes, retarded styilization, even more retarded attempts at "gameplay" like fucking rhythm game basically kills what should be good mystery zero like game from outset.
It is comedy snuff game. Because there isn't anything interesting about snuff circus.

It is not Zero Escape contender, it is snuff game for 10 year old japanese kids. I dropped it in middle of chapter 2 after first punishment execution because just how dumb it was complete with lack of red blood like all 10 year old games should be.

------------------------------
------------------------------

I will be trying Umineko When They Cry next. This time i should get dissapointed as i heard from good sources it is actually great mystery VN.

Last edited:

McPlusle

Savant
Tried to play Danganroppa series because i fucking love Zero Escape series and shitload of people said it was almost equal...

It is piece of shit and people who say it is should go and fuck themselves with anime dicks like fucking shitty weeboos they are. Yes logic is consistent but characters are complete tropes, shitty anime bear, completely needless overdone execution scenes, retarded styilization, even more retarded attempts at "gameplay" like fucking rhythm game basically kills what should be good mystery zero like game from outset.
It is comedy snuff game. Because there isn't anything interesting about snuff circus.

It is not Zero Escape contender, it is snuff game for 10 year old japanese kids. I dropped it in middle of chapter 2 after first punishment execution because just how dumb it was complete with lack of red blood like all 10 year old games should be.
It's also one of the ugliest games in the known universe.

Perkel

Arcane
It's also one of the ugliest games in the known universe.

Actually imo looks pretty nice (playing on vita) and does have some neat expensive effects (like assembling locales organically from parts when changing rooms etc) but it is one of the points about game being a fucking circus that is supposed to sell you mystery game. IT doesn't fucking fit and it is done in such way for absolutely no reason.

Perkel

Arcane
Has good OST though.

By itself yeah but it doesn't fit at all game. It contributes a lot to this shitty circus atmosphere.

By comparison Zero Escape series music is sublime and totally fits game creating atmosphere:

Big Wrangle

Danganronpa's is the highest point of the game, the composer did an excellent job. Then again, I'm biased for anything with Jazz in it. Overall pretty catchy.

But yeah, Zero Escape has better ambiance overall. Goes with the whole mystery mood.

Perkel

Arcane
Danganronpa's is the highest point of the game, the composer did an excellent job. Then again, I'm biased for anything with Jazz in it. Overall pretty catchy.

But yeah, Zero Escape has better ambiance overall. Goes with the whole mystery mood.

It seems like played it a bit more than me.

Is first one exactly the same as rest theme wise or does it changes ? Is D2/3 still shitty anime circus or does it looks more like zero escape theme wise ?

Big Wrangle

They change things up a bit with the second one, but the overall tone is still the same. As for the third, I didn't play it, but I heard it makes fun of how the franchise works. I never took the games seriously myself.

sullynathan

Arcane
I played Fifa 17 & Mad Max last weekend, the first games I've played in about 1 month & a half and they're both rather surprising. I've never been good at Fifa because I never put much time into it, but this game can be rather tense when playing with people and there is some depth & skill needed to actually play

Mad max on the other hand is an interesting game. It has Arkham combat, but changes it by requiring greater timing when to press counter and needing you to press the attack button afterwards to actually hit your enemy. There is also a slight delay however if you wait a bit long to actually press counter, I don't know if that's just console 30 fps or if it's built in. It's not hard but surprisingly again, as an Arkham influenced open world game, there is no health regen in this game, you need to manually heal.

You also have a car that controls pretty well, and it also needs to be repaired and refilled with gas. Something that many games don't have nowadays. The game was compared to MGSV, but I don't see it from the hour I played except for being in a desert.

Big Wrangle

I believe it was less about comparison and more of a matter of competition. Both games were open world starring a bearded character and released on the same day. Then again, not the first time somebody made a shallow comparison and ran with it.

sullynathan

Arcane
I believe it was less about comparison and more of a matter of competition. Both games were open world starring a bearded character and released on the same day. Then again, not the first time somebody made a shallow comparison and ran with it.
didn't know they released on the same day

Cael

Arcane
Power of punch is fun in Tactics. Raider with Beretta? Charge him. Raider with Scorpio? Charge him. Raider with AK47? Rush him with the whole squad and beat him to death. Radscorpion? RUN AWAY!!!!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Was replaying Mana Khemia again. Fun little game. Has slightly better combat gameplay than the later Atelier titles, but the crafting feels pretty redundant and the pacing (of the game and of character development) is really awful and kinda kills my dick.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom