Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

baturinsky

Arcane
Superhot is game of the year so far.
Meh. Cool concept, but game itself is too shallow.

Now if someone would make Superhot mod for some real FPS (such as DOOM) - that would be awesome.

octavius

Arcane
Patron
Master of Orion.
Still trying to beat it at Impossible with the Mrrshans.
Had a good start on one of the sides, with the Siliocids to the west and lots of room to the north and south of the map. Even found an early Artifects planet. Was able to build up long enough to not be swarmed be enemies, but then all hell broke loose as every other race (nearly all of them erratic and already at war with each others) declared war on me. I guess they don't like the bad pussy.

I was able to get some decent techs from the Psilons, using lowly bombers with nukes to take down their missile bases, since they neither had a planetary shield not any rockets better than nuclear ones. Same thing with a Meklar base giving me some excellent Construction techs.

But I never got any armour techs, and only a few techs that helps with ground combat.

I thought I would be able to win eventually, but suddenly I was second in population, there was a vote and everybody voted for the Meklars despite most of them being at war with both me and the Meklars.

So it ended with Final War. I once won quite easily with the Darloks since thanks to their superior spying they didn't get too far behind in techcs, but with the Mrrshans it was an uphill struggle, and when the enemy got Combat Transports and I couldn't prevent ground attacks it was game over.

Still, one of the most fun and nerve wracking games of MoM I've played.

Deleted Member 16721

First, I don't think games are a waste of time. So, technically speaking, I'm not wasting time on any games currently!

However, games I'm playing and spending good time with currently are:

The Dark Spire - Nintendo DS - Excellent Wizardry-style dungeon-crawler. Challenging, lots of secrets and excellent customization make this one a winner.
Etrian Odyssey - Nintendo DS - The DS has some excellent dungeon-crawlers and this game is no different. Has an interesting pseudo-crafting system, good character development and a beautiful dungeon to explore. Recommended.
Infinite Space - Nintendo DS - Pretty fun space simulation-meets JRPG here. A ton of depth made this one a surprising gem to find.
Avernum: Escape From The Pit - Android - Excellent RPG with endlessly interesting exploration and great writing. Love this style of game, I really do.
Several others that I've played just a wee bit of.

I'm on a bit of a tablet gaming kick right now, so most of my gaming has been on that using emulators and the like. Fun stuff.

Self-Ejected

Excidium II

Self-Ejected
How do you manage to play so many games at the same time? I guess since you record you go back and watch the previous video for a bit to remember wtf you were doing?

Deleted Member 16721

How do you manage to play so many games at the same time? I guess since you record you go back and watch the previous video for a bit to remember wtf you were doing?

Truth be told, I'm only really playing the top 3 right now. Avernum and others I have played a week or so ago and haven't played since.

That said, I'm just able to keep track of several games at once. About a year back I had like 7 Let's Plays going for different RPGs, one for each day of the week. It wasn't that hard to remember stuff.

CthuluIsSpy

Arcane
Having a bit of gaming ADHD at the moment.

I started playing Darkest Dungeon, got up to like 3 wave of bosses.
Then started Shogun 2: Rise of the Samurai after beating fall of the Samurai
Then mid campaign I started Chaos Gate and Final Liberation.

Now I'm playing through Shadow Warrior (2013) on insane difficulty, picking up the secrets I missed.
LoL is played in between.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
20 games, impressive. I have problem holding one or two in memory. The thing the mess it up the most is that I forget how to play the game. Trying to re-learn the game in the middle of the game is not pleasant :)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Finished Risen 3.
It was ok.

What else? Exploration was only good part. Final boss fight was meh. I mean - it was proper fight, no QTE or cinematic shit but he was simple to beat with banal patterns.
Another cool moment was when you find that you don't play as the Nameless Hero from Risen 1-2. Even better - you can meet him on one of the islands. Almost like meeting Arcania main hero with Gothic 1-3 main character.

Couldn't find best armor in the game. How to obtain it? Get bigger ship asap, talk with parrot on the ship and do lot of quests and travels to trigger dialogues that lead to collapsed cave that you can't open because reason.

Last good thing was economy. I was always running out of cash (spend on trainings). Compared to most RPGs where you swim in cash most of the time...

Brutan

Savant
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Crusader Kings 2 After the End a total conversion mod. I love playing as the King of Deseret.

Last edited:

varangos

Prospernaut
Dumbfuck
im currently grinding for german tanks in war thunder,while im thinking of giving another go to black ice mod for hearts of iron 3.

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Pop some aryan supersoldats moles in Wolfenstein TNO.
I like that game is set in Potato and people speak in potato dialect. With detail like NPC taking moment - to translate their though - before speak to Blazkowitz in his language.
There is separate timeline, depend on who you choose to rescue at the end of prologue but people said difference is barely noticable.
Engine is the same like in RAGE but does not fuck up textures like it did in that game.
And really like sounds, they did good job here. From gun sounds to difference in distance between me and enemy.

The Decline

Arcane
Restarted Bloodborne. I was at the final bosses for both the main game and the dlc, but I just stopped playing for some reason. I remember having a difficult time adjusting to the game when I first played, but this time I curb stomped everything up to and including the Cleric Beast on the first try.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I revisited Pinball Fantasies, the old 21st Century Entertainment pinball game from the early 90s.

It has four tables, but only two of them are any good (Partyland and Stones 'n' Bones). It took me 3 games to beat my own high-score on both tables from ages ago, but it'll be a while until I beat that 384 million hi-score my friend got one time back in the day.

The music REALLY gets annoying quickly though, and the game does this strange thing that all SFX in the game is actually taken from a .mod file, the game just calls specific parts of the song when needed.

Out of curiosity I dug up a guide for the game, and it turns out there's a huge glitch that can be exploited involving Held Bonuses - if you can get that on several lives in a row you can apply Bonus Multipliers to it, which will then also be Held - meaning you gain tens (if not hundreds) of millions every time you lose a life.

Tick Tock Crocodile

I was originally planning to expand my RPG horizons (or, rather, obtain a horizon in the first place: the only game in the top 70 that I've played is VtMB) by first tackling PST and the Fallouts, but I just can't face anything with that much reading at the moment. I blame Pillars.

So, I opted to start on the list's dungeon crawlers instead. Went for Dark Heart of Uukrul, and I'm having a blast so far :D I'm completely out of my depth in a really really good way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ninjerk

Arcane
Pillars ruined ur textginity :mixedemotions:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom