Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
PoE (Path of Exile), I remember it having major networking issues when it first launched way back when. But they have fixed those as it seems. I can see myself wasting a fuckton of time with this one now.

T. Reich

Arcane
I'm finishing up on my yet another playthrough of Allods: Sealed Mystery (I blame Darth Roxor's excellent let's play of the second installment for this :P), and then I'm totally going to replay Wizardry 8 and Risen.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
(...) and then I'm totally going to replay Wizardry 8 and Risen.

I got Wizardry 8 (Steam) in a bundle but can't get it to run. CTD every time, no matter which video options I choose.
As for Risen, I've only played the first one and really liked it back then. Don't know about the sequels, though.

T. Reich

Arcane
I got Wizardry 8 (Steam) in a bundle but can't get it to run. CTD every time, no matter which video options I choose.
As for Risen, I've only played the first one and really liked it back then. Don't know about the sequels, though.

I haven't played Wiz8 since I upgraded from XP to Win7, but I don't really expect any problems. I own the 3xCD version, so hopefully it runs ok. If all else fails, it's for sale at GOG.

Risen 1 is the only one in the series that's good, if strongly derivative. Liking R2/3 is pretty much admitting to having shit taste in games.

pippin

I can't remember which configuration I chose for Wiz8, but I'm quite sure it only ran at 800x600. I had CTD problems with Steam's JA2 as well, which weren't there in the GOG version.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Playing Mad Max and enjoying it so far, woukd definetly recommend to fans of Just Cause 2 and Mad Max fans in general... Although the lack of aussie accents is disturbing
Enjoying helping out the gf with Pillars of Eternity and will probably start a brand new party once the Wasteland 2 EE is out

Deleted member 7219

Went on holiday for a week, came back and spent a couple of days on Arkham Knight. Now I'm back on Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

Looking forward to Wasteland 2 Director's Cut and Divinity: Original Sin EE.

Zephyr Arsland

Learned
Playing Mad Max and enjoying it so far, woukd definetly recommend to fans of Just Cause 2 and Mad Max fans in general... Although the lack of aussie accents is disturbing
Enjoying helping out the gf with Pillars of Eternity and will probably start a brand new party once the Wasteland 2 EE is out

Hey! So good to hear someone else's having a good time with the Mad Max game. As a long-time fan of the series, I'm impressed, even if I can mark some curious omissions such as the lack of bikes and war rigs (favourite fan-requested feature for upcoming DLC) and the strange firearms distribution-curve of that particular stretch of the Wasteland. All in all, really atmospheric, minimalistic and enjoyable. The level design is fantastic. No two enemy camps are alike... coming from the 30 identical oil rigs in Just Cause 2, this is exciting.

Invictus

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Divinity: Original Sin 2
Hey! So good to hear someone else's having a good time with the Mad Max game. As a long-time fan of the series, I'm impressed, even if I can mark some curious omissions such as the lack of bikes and war rigs (favourite fan-requested feature for upcoming DLC) and the strange firearms distribution-curve of that particular stretch of the Wasteland. All in all, really atmospheric, minimalistic and enjoyable. The level design is fantastic. No two enemy camps are alike... coming from the 30 identical oil rigs in Just Cause 2, this is exciting.
Would love some war rigs and some special Road Warrior style missions of safeguarding conboys and monster truck battles, really hope they have some DLC because the game as fun as it is could use some more content

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So after I finished finally a "run" in This War of Mine (awesome stuff, I hope they keep making games like this) and played a couple of campaigns of Massive Chalice (underrated in my opinion, people that liked nuXCOM should give it a go, some interesting mechanics in there)....
I started at last Blackguards. Holy shit, this is awesome. Stats, loot and tb battles. And some "story" for the flavor. Love it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So after I finished finally a "run" in This War of Mine (awesome stuff, I hope they keep making games like this) and played a couple of campaigns of Massive Chalice (underrated in my opinion, people that liked nuXCOM should give it a go, some interesting mechanics in there)....
I started at last Blackguards. Holy shit, this is awesome. Stats, loot and tb battles. And some "story" for the flavor. Love it.
I hve to say it in every thread I can, stay away from Blackguards 2.

if you don't want to play with me i'll have to share my candies somewhere else u_u and it's a shame because the back of my van is full of candies.

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Shit it does look like they decided to change some of the best features of the 1st one... The comparison with the two Dragon Ages scared me :p

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom