Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

Watser

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
Finished Afterfall: Insanity a couple of days ago (twice actually, have to finish the game once in order to play on hardest difficulty. Fucking retarded), fairly enjoyable. Afterwards I decided to play the HoMM V expansions, just finished Hammer of Fate and now started on Tribes of the East. Also playing Geneforge 4.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
When I am not playing Divinity: Original Sin, I am playing Tales of Xillia. Completed every sub event in the game. Now to go to the final dungeon. I'm also playing on my PSVita when I can't get any sleep.

kain30

Cipher
yesterday, i finished divinity: original sin and today i´m going to start with doom 3 bfg edition and after that i´m planning to play riven, or risen 3, don´t know yet

sbb

Learned
Little tiny chunks of Divine Divinity, bigger chunks of D:OS, enormous chunks of Rift. Divine Divinity is really hard, am I supposed to be machine-gunning Meteor Strike as a mage or am I doing it wrong?

bloodlover

Arcane
I finished SHOGO yesterday. It was quite fun though waaaaaaaay too short. It was also annoying how sometimes you'd get one-shot by the enemy and other times they would just stay in one place, not reacting and begging you to kill them.

Any other good old FPS games from the time? Preferably SF.

kain30

Cipher
I finished SHOGO yesterday. It was quite fun though waaaaaaaay too short. It was also annoying how sometimes you'd get one-shot by the enemy and other times they would just stay in one place, not reacting and begging you to kill them.

Any other good old FPS games from the time? Preferably SF.

i would recommend you BLOOD

kain30

Cipher
i finished doom 3 bfg edition, and i am playing right now heroes of broken lands and euro truck simulator 2. tomorrow is the release date of risen 3. if i like the gameplay that are going to pop up in youtube, i´ll buy it next week

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Fucking QGF3 won't let me leave map after combat. And I didn't save on different slot.
Goddamn, didn't remember it being this anal about crashes.

80Maxwell08

Arcane
Well I just beat Bass on Battle Network so now I have done literally everything. My verdict on the game is you are better off reading an LP of the first one and playing the second onward (aside from 4).

garren

Arcane
Patron
Started Wizardry 8, cleared monastery, was pretty fun. Got one question though, is there any way to loot individual items from the ground straight to your party inventory, instead of putting the item to some characters inventory?

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
Fucking QGF3 won't let me leave map after combat. And I didn't save on different slot.
Is this a mistype and you mean QFG3, or is there another series I don't know about? Because if it is QFG3 there is a solution to the crashes.

laclongquan

Arcane
Fucking Suikoden 3. It raise the art of grinding to high level.

Although it has many new things to explore, in the end it still fuck with players in many aspect.

The worst offense is grinding. Even if we dont want to, we still have to. 3 characters, 3 chapter each, before we can get to chapter 4 and blinking mirror. And that means we have to abandon 2 chapters of gameplay.

The second worst offense is the random and hard to judge strategic battles. Compared to 1, 3 has obfucate the signs that allow players to guess when would be the next strategic battle. A heavy crime~

I am still grinding my teeth to forge ahead.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Just played Quake and Quake 3 Arena on my new 144Hz monitor :love:
I don't know about Q1, but I think the Q3 engine's physics system goes nuts if you remove the 90FPS cap. Probably not the best thing to try running at a higher framerate

Most people tend to lock Q3 at 125FPS (QL is also capped at 125) , I prefer 143 and I've never noticed any problems. Anything below 125FPS would make the game unplayable for me because the controls would feel very sluggish and very different. You can also clearly "feel" the difference between 90 and 125 on a 60 or 75Hz monitor. Seeing these games run on a 144hz monitor is a thing of beauty :)

If you unlock the FPS without setting a reasonable cap you can indeed "break" the game's gravity.

Last edited:

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Is this a mistype and you mean QFG3, or is there another series I don't know about? Because if it is QFG3 there is a solution to the crashes.

yeah found the solution. had to spam ENTER key at the right etc.
and try not to fight too much cause it might crash when leaving the area.
QFG 3 isn't a very good game.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
QFG3 is great, fuck the haters.

It was buggy even at release, but nowhere near as unplayable as QFG4. It's almost unplayable on modern computers (even DOSBox has problems with it) but there are unofficial patches that solve all problems with the game (the QFG4 patch is even more essential). NewRisingSun has done an awesome job fixing the QFGs.

7h30n

Augur
I'm playing System Shock 1 (for the first time, inspired by that Super Bunny Hop review). And am amazed how good this game is. I'm not using mouselook and it took me some time to get used to the controls. But this game is really captivating. It is incredible how much detail they've put in, and the quality of everything is astonishing. This game hits all the right notes for me.

I played Bioshock before but I didn't finish it because I didn't like the game, but this is so much better.
Although restoration chambers are still lame!

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I'm playing System Shock 1 (for the first time, inspired by that Super Bunny Hop review). And am amazed how good this game is. I'm not using mouselook and it took me some time to get used to the controls. But this game is really captivating. It is incredible how much detail they've put in, and the quality of everything is astonishing. This game hits all the right notes for me.

I played Bioshock before but I didn't finish it because I didn't like the game, but this is so much better.
Although restoration chambers are still lame!

Not all floors have them, if it makes you feel better...

Other than stalking these forums? Oh wait, a game. There are times in my life when "wasting time" is an understatement and my biggest sin are mods for Skyrim.. But not Skyrim because that would imply that I like anything about vanilla game and that game isn't even worth pirating IMHO.

Another game is No More Room In Hell, a free zombie survival shooter which beats all other zombie shooters. Just make sure to play on hardcore servers with real neckbeards and not with angry little kids that kill each other with friendly fire on. Add cheat servers to blacklist. Play with your friend. Press awesome button and die like a little bitch. Profit.

Blonsky

Prophet
Majesty 2 Collection
I played Majesty 2 before, and was disappointed because it was so similar to Majesty 1 so now i got the Collection to try out the expansions and see are there any new things in them.

Kingmaker and Battles of Ardania- These two expansions are pretty much the same as Majesty 2, new things added are two shorter campaigns, new monsters and a little bit better maps. Also there is one new potion but no new heroes, temples or spells which makes it really boring. In the end i finished them using cheats because the missions got to repetitive.

Monster Kingdom- After getting overthrown you start taking back your kingdom(again) with an army of monsters. All new buildings that produce goblins, ratman, minotaurs, werewolfs and other monster units, that you can level up and upgrade, and all with new spells and abilities. No new enemies, but fighting human heroes of different temples gets tricky sometimes, mostly because monsters tend to flee alot. Monsters have only one temple, the campaign is a bit longer and harder then the other expansions, and the game crashed a couple times and has some other bugs i didnt notice in other expansions. This expansion is slightly better then the original Majesty 2 but only because it adds stuff that were not in Majesty 1, other then that Majesty 1 is still the best Majesty.

Minttunator

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Wrath
I realized I'd never really played IWD2 (right now it's the only IE game that I haven't finished) so I started it up. Off we go (after having spent 8+ hours on character creation, as I always do in these games) to save the Ten Towns, or whatever the main quest is here! :greatjob:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Majesty 2 Collection
I played Majesty 2 before, and was disappointed because it was so similar to Majesty 1 so now i got the Collection to try out the expansions and see are there any new things in them.

Kingmaker and Battles of Ardania- These two expansions are pretty much the same as Majesty 2, new things added are two shorter campaigns, new monsters and a little bit better maps. Also there is one new potion but no new heroes, temples or spells which makes it really boring. In the end i finished them using cheats because the missions got to repetitive.

Monster Kingdom- After getting overthrown you start taking back your kingdom(again) with an army of monsters. All new buildings that produce goblins, ratman, minotaurs, werewolfs and other monster units, that you can level up and upgrade, and all with new spells and abilities. No new enemies, but fighting human heroes of different temples gets tricky sometimes, mostly because monsters tend to flee alot. Monsters have only one temple, the campaign is a bit longer and harder then the other expansions, and the game crashed a couple times and has some other bugs i didnt notice in other expansions. This expansion is slightly better then the original Majesty 2 but only because it adds stuff that were not in Majesty 1, other then that Majesty 1 is still the best Majesty.
I HATE MAJESTY 2 THIS MUCH! It is a blight on gaming, and shouldn't exist. No expension makes it better. Majesty 1 is the only true Majesty.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom