Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

kazgar

Arcane
Lego marvel super heroes.

Wondering If I should get a controller for it though, pc controls are a little wonky, but better now i've gotten some hours into it.

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
Etrian Odyssey IV. It's gud, feels nice to have that Wizardry/M&M experience on a handheld (this is the first of that kind that I've tried). Kinda grindy and tedious, don't like some of the mechanics, but it's nice.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Lego marvel super heroes.

Wondering If I should get a controller for it though, pc controls are a little wonky, but better now i've gotten some hours into it.

Depends if you'll be going for 100% or not. The game is perfectly playable from start to finish without a controller, but some of flying races are extremely difficult without one.

Also, any event featuring RC cars, particularly the RC car race.

DramaticPopcorn

Now I'm going to buy a GOG version of NWN2 and play MotB, which I didn't try before. YAAAY:incline:
Dude, NWN2 is $20 right now. There's bound to be a 50%-75% D&D sale in the next couple of months, or a general mid-summer sale (I think it was in June last year).

I was able to get NWN2, PS:T, ToEE (plus Demon Stone and Dragonshard, which I didn't want) for $11.15 during a D&D pack sale in December. It was an 80% sale for the entire pack, but I already owned the BG and IWD games.
Yeah man, I remember that crazy D&D sale. The thing is I wanted to walk through MotB before Divinity: Original Sin comes out on June 20. Besides I do not have any other games which I want to play right now. And 20$ for a good game is not a high price.
Wow, my wife found these among her CDs. And it actually works!
H5FS.jpg

:yeah::fuuyeah::kwafuckyeah::keepmyjewgold::incline:
Акелла :outrage::outrage::outrage:

subotaiy

Cipher
Been giving ToME yet another try.

I really want to like this game. All the fucking skills and options and stats and shit. But every time I play I come to the same conclusion: it's brutally unfair, nigh impossible bullshit. Around level 18-20 everything starts to out level you and go beyond all your stat caps by massive amounts. You have 400 hp? They have 2500. You hit for 250? They hit for 500. You can stun them? They can stun, freeze, confuse and blind you, plus another dozen status effects so that when you try to purge yourself, all you do is stop glowing. You have immunities? They'll disable them.

The only time I felt remotely powerful was when I was controlling an enemy rare. Level 10 monster summoning shit with 80 str. Oh yeah, very fair.
Play on adventure mode until you get at least your first win and get to know the zones/mob types, I think it's even recommended in the menu.
Also, some classes are way more stronger than others. I've got my first win with a cursed based on rampage tree, but wyrmic is also good (both can abuse the fungal tree wich lets you use 2 regen infusions for nonstop regen; this is the main reason to go antimagic). I heard oozemancer(?) is the easiest class though, but did not try it.
The hardest part I found to be around the dreadfell dungeon, around lvl 25-30, especially the necromancer boss(you need blindness immunity or some cure physical infusion to get rid of that). After you get to the east continent and get your first prodigy things get easier.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
Oh I know the mob types well enough. The problem is simply a matter of raw stats. What the fuck am I supposed to do when enemies can keep up shields stronger than any damage I can deal before the CD wears off? Or when they hit me with 10 status effects, any one of which stops me from being able to heal. Or when they just get a crit and hit me for 800 or some shit (from range mind you.) Or when I get dazed/slept and then die before waking up. I can get to dreadfell and then die 5 times in a row on the last floor because there's nothing I can do and nowhere left to go to get stronger.

Also, LOL at being 25-30 at dreadfell. Try 21-23. The xp curve in this game is fucking retarded. Clear all of daikara including vaults, get 1.5 levels. Yeah, that'll really set me up for victory vs the level 35 minions being summoned constantly by the master.

subotaiy

Cipher
You'll almost always fight higher level, but that should not be a problem. I don't know, try to keep your cure phys/magic/mental infusion available and don't use them preemptively for dmg reduction. I for one always ignore vaults, they're often death traps with random level bosses.
Here is one example of dwarf(very good race) wyrmic which uses the 2 infusion thing I talked about; early game you'll have 2 regen on auto-use which with wild-growth means nonstop + 1 cure (preferably cures 2 status effects, if you can find).
http://te4.org/characters/111123/tome/65e4e6b0-eafd-49f3-926c-f832d4ddeb93
Or you can check the vault for other classes.
The master is more a fight of attrition, you have to retreat often and heal, he doesn't besides the one-time resurrection.

Last edited:

Damned Registrations

Furry Weeaboo Nazi Nihilist
The infusions are useless though. You get blinded, pop the infusion, and it cures something like the glowing from a sun rune instead. You get poisoned and instead of curing the massively deadly poison that prevents healing, it fixes the one slowing your movement slightly. Etc.

I could probably win by cheesing the fuck out of the game, blind firing AoE spells around corners at the limits of my range for hours to kill shit I can't even see, but fuck that. I want to react to things, not implement some cheese strat where I never actually fight anything.

Don't even get me started on the joys of playing a melee class (like wyrmic) and not finding a single decent weapon all game long until you die because you're using some fucking tier 2 piece of shit at level 25.

Cadmus

Arcane
Ho I started JK2:Jedi Outcast again and it's absolutely awesome. I've completely forgotten that even in the days of JK2, Raven was still making their cool levels not intended for braindead children. I'm playing on the highest difficulty with only half HP and shield allowed and it's pretty hard. I keep getting fucked in Nar Shadaa by the snipers.

dunno lah

Arcane
Ho I started JK2:Jedi Outcast again and it's absolutely awesome. I've completely forgotten that even in the days of JK2, Raven was still making their cool levels not intended for braindead children. I'm playing on the highest difficulty with only half HP and shield allowed and it's pretty hard. I keep getting fucked in Nar Shadaa by the snipers.

:x Damn Force Dodge. How does it work?!!

Cadmus

Arcane

:x Damn Force Dodge. How does it work?!!
Randomly :)

Blonsky

Prophet
Loki: Heroes of Mythology
Playing as Egyptian sorcerer, seeing a horde of red dots on mini map is discouraging, waiting for skill cooldown to run out or health to regenerate is really breaking my fighting mood.
Downloaded the latest patch but it still crashed a couple times and has some problems with character stopping in the middle of enemies instead of walking where its supposed to.
Still having fun and liking the whole mythology feel.

DramaticPopcorn

Yeah loki is oddly fun despite being a p. shit diablo clone gameplay wise
I remember enjoying the nordic locations a lot

Outlander

Custom Tags Are For Fags.
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Currently raging at Max Payne 3. Rockstar could have made a decent TPS, but no, they had to keep the idiotic consoles save system, turn Max into a complete moron and shove a fucking cutscene after each room. As a generic shooter it would have been a 7/10, as a Max Payne game it's 4/10.

yes plz

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Replaying through Metal Gear Solid (on the ePSXe) for the first time in... maybe over a decade. It's still a surprisingly tight, well designed game - there's very little filler and the boss fights still hold up well, though the controls are just as awkward as they ever were (particularly movement) but you get used to them after awhile. Plus, the story's pretty decent (the only problems I have with the writing are the odd repetition during dialogues ["I need a sniper rifle!" "A sniper rifle?"; "That must be Psycho Mantis!" "Psycho Mantis?"] and most of the bosses giving you their life's history after you defeat them) and the voice acting is good.

Deleted member 7219

Finally completed Game of Thrones.

It was a deeply unpleasant experience. Some parts of the story were interesting, but overall it was a load of awful bollocks, the entire game. The grimdark ending would have been entertaining were it not for the fact that every single character is a cunt. At least in the TV show, there are characters you can root for.

I chose the Mors Night Watch ending then watched the others on YouTube. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.

Humppaleka

Cipher
Finally completed Game of Thrones.

It was a deeply unpleasant experience. Some parts of the story were interesting, but overall it was a load of awful bollocks, the entire game. The grimdark ending would have been entertaining were it not for the fact that every single character is a cunt. At least in the TV show, there are characters you can root for.

I chose the Mors Night Watch ending then watched the others on YouTube. I wouldn't recommend this game to anyone.
I'm somewhat over halfway into the game, not going to stop now. :M

dunno lah

Arcane
Replaying through Metal Gear Solid (on the ePSXe) for the first time in... maybe over a decade. It's still a surprisingly tight, well designed game - there's very little filler and the boss fights still hold up well, though the controls are just as awkward as they ever were (particularly movement) but you get used to them after awhile. Plus, the story's pretty decent (the only problems I have with the writing are the odd repetition during dialogues ["I need a sniper rifle!" "A sniper rifle?"; "That must be Psycho Mantis!" "Psycho Mantis?"] and most of the bosses giving you their life's history after you defeat them) and the voice acting is good.

Always laughed at the briefing part where Snake says, "Liquid Snake?!", followed by Campbell repeating, "Liquid Snake...".

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I install Soldier of Fortune.

Being the game from 15 years ago, obviously it crashes at start up.

Quick google for solution... the solution is ridiculous as fuck, no chance it's gonna work. And yet it did.

All it took was copy sof.exe into another directory, change the original one to "mohaa.exe", then copy back sof.exe, launch the game through mohaa.exe. It works.

WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK, HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE????

and on a related note, I forgot that this game was kinda tuff.

Cyberarmy

Love fool
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2
I install Soldier of Fortune.

Being the game from 15 years ago, obviously it crashes at start up.

Quick google for solution... the solution is ridiculous as fuck, no chance it's gonna work. And yet it did.

All it took was copy sof.exe into another directory, change the original one to "mohaa.exe", then copy back sof.exe, launch the game through mohaa.exe. It works.

WHAT IN THE EVERLOVING FUCK, HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE????

WTF?!?
Maybe they did both games with same engine ?

Carrion

Arcane
Patron
I remember that fix. SoF uses the Q2 engine, MOHAA uses the Q3 one. Different developer and publisher as well, and of course MOHAA came out only two years later.

Itisamystery.gif

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I started to play Divinity: Dragon Commander. Played on easy, to get over the RTS battles quickly, since the adventure part on the ship, and making decisions is much more fun. But I still couldn't play more than a few hours. The RTS part is just not interesting. At all. This will be another game that has a very interesting part, but I just can't make myself to finish it because of the boring parts.

Jasede

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut I'm very into cock and ball torture
Trying to beat I wanna be the Barrage because then I don't have to work on my homework.

maxresdefault.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom