Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Wasteland 2 Kickstarter Update #52: Progress Report - Good News & Bad News

Self-Ejected

Excidium

P. banal
Please just cease posting

Abelian

Somebody's Alt
Man this looks promising ! This is like Fallout 2 reborn, I'm glad to see that indie developers actually produce real games ! People think it will only appeal to a minority, which is totally wrong btw. True rpg turn-based combat will never die !

If you think this looks good, you should definitely give this a try as well http://www.underrail.com/

It has a alpha/beta version you can currently play as well.

Have you tried it yourself, is it worth buying ?
Yes and yes.

It features turn-based combat in a post-apocalyptic world, where the population has taken refuge underground and clustered around subway systems. There are synergistic skills, a large number of perks, and interesting crafting system where different items require different skills to create. Did I mention it's isometric?

Check out this thread.

Goral

Arcane
Patron
The Real Fanboy
Underrrail is what Fallout would look like if all you could explore were sewers and vaults - hence I call it a dungeon (sewer/underrail) crawler. It's a good game (especially for its price) but to me the closest to Fallout's greatness (and style) is Age of Decadence.

J1M

Arcane
So making a game like Wasteland 2 costs $8 million these days?

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Have you tried it yourself, is it worth buying?

:hmmm:

I hope by now I'm responding to a new owner of Underrail, GOTY 2014. ;)

Underrrail is what Fallout would look like if all you could explore were sewers and vaults - hence I call it a dungeon (sewer/underrail) crawler. It's a good game (especially for its price) but to me the closest to Fallout's greatness (and style) is Age of Decadence.

LOL, I don't think even VD agrees with you on this one...fun as AoD is so far. But anyway, both are great games and both deserve everybody's hard-earned potato.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom