Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

VTM: Redemption.. HDTP Re-Texture Mod

ortucis

Prophet
I just started playing VTM: Redemption and even though I am enjoying it the blurry textures are really bothering me. They wouldn't bother me if not for the game's obsession with Oblivion like camera closeups everywhere (even the third person camera is awkwardly close and PITA to handle). :/

So, are there any mods that improve the textures in this game? Any DeusEx like renderer upgrades even? If not, are there any tools I can use to extract the texture and mod them myself?

I have so far searched (a bit) around and found a few dozen dead links linking to tools that don't exist anymore. Help?

PS: No Oblivion-like nude mods for nuns? :decline:

FeelTheRads

Arcane
Looks fairly decent to me. But then again, I played it when it was launched too.
Never got far, though. Boredom settles in too quickly.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I don't think Redemption ever got an enhanced texture mod for it.

I still think it looks just fine as it is personally.

Wunderpurps

Educated
There's no texture mods but try setting the ingame resolution to the same one you use for your desktop instead of the default and you will be pleasantly surprised.

ortucis

Prophet
Wunderpurps said:
There's no texture mods but try setting the ingame resolution to the same one you use for your desktop instead of the default and you will be pleasantly surprised.

:retarded:

Err, moving on..

Going to search for some texture tools. I was making a HDTP for Bloodlines until the tools stopped working on Windows 7 for me, might as well make one for Redemption if I can get my hands on working tools this time around (unlikely). I am surprised that this game isn't modded properly. I found some retarded models and skins which ruin the game completely and other pointless balancing mods, but no one bothered to work on texture updates. This is one game that actually needs it.

Oriebam

Formerly M4AE1BR0-something
Re: VTM: Redemption.. Any mods? Any texture tools?

ortucis said:
PS: No Oblivion-like nude mods for nuns? :decline:

Post about the game in tessera's forum, I'm sure a nice guy like him could have some whacks at modding the game for you

Wunderpurps

Educated
ortucis said:

Err, moving on..

Well if you are going to be that way, sure you are retarded obviously. You are complaining about muddy 2D textures which I suffered from and I gave the fix for that, or you are complaining about 3D textures in which case you are one arrogant retard indeed to think you are going to do much better than troika there.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Wunderpurps said:
ortucis said:

Err, moving on..

Well if you are going to be that way, sure you are retarded obviously. You are complaining about muddy 2D textures which I suffered from and I gave the fix for that, or you are complaining about 3D textures in which case you are one arrogant retard indeed to think you are going to do much better than troika there.

Troika didn't make Redemption hon.

ortucis

Prophet
Wunderpurps said:
ortucis said:

Err, moving on..

Wunderpurps

Educated
:oops:

I just installed that other vampire game today after reading the glowing reviews.

Redemption does have texture packs but they are pretty crappy.

ortucis

Prophet
OK, I started working on the "HDTP" myself (since unlike Bloodlines here everything works as expected)..

Click for better view..

ORIGINAL
lS8l17n.jpg

"HDTP" (OLD)

Walls, floor and bed sheets changed (looks better?).

BTW, "HDTP" in quotes cause the game crashes on textures higher than 512x512.. then again, every other texture is like 32x32 so it's still an HD upgrade. :P

I am trying to keep the theme same with minor changes (like the wall color you see in the shot). I really fucking hate texture packs which change the whole game theme so I will try not to do the same.

Last edited:

bhlaab

Erudite
ortucis said:
OK, I started working on the "HDTP" myself (since unlike Bloodlines here everything works as expected)..

Click for better view..

ORIGINAL

"HDTP"

Walls, floor and bed sheets changed (looks better?).

BTW, "HDTP" in quotes cause the game crashes on textures higher than 512x512.. then again, every other texture is like 32x32 so it's still an HD upgrade. :P

I am trying to keep the theme same with minor changes (like the wall color you see in the shot). I really fucking hate texture packs which change the whole game theme so I will try not to do the same.

unless you got those mixed up the original looks much nicer

OP> try forcing high anisotropic filtering in your graphics card drivers

xemous

Arcane
nice is there any way to alter the 3d models so they're higher resolution / polycount?

i love redemption it's one of the games in a series i reply every year for relaxation and itwould be awesome if it got a face lift.

such a great game a real classic really

lowergame

Barely Literate
How can you stan to play it? I tried playing it twice, but the shit combat always gets me to quit. They could at least have had a pause feature.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
bhlaab said:
unless you got those mixed up the original looks much nicer

This.

Original walls look like they've been built from shitty medieval hand-made bricks. Updated walls look like they've been built from modern mass-produced high quality bricks.

Original floor looks like made from old wooden planks, aged and gnarled by years of use. Updated floor looks brand new, or worse: made from floor panels!

The updated beds are kinda ok.

xemous

Arcane
lowergame said:
How can you stan to play it? I tried playing it twice, but the shit combat always gets me to quit. They could at least have had a pause feature.

i like the combat but the controls are terrible, a wow style camera and control scheme would've done wonders for that game.

lowergame

Barely Literate
What are your favorite disciplines? Is there any point in taking form of the beast (the protean discipline that lets you shift into a wolf) Is the wolf form any good in combat?

ortucis

Prophet
ortucis said:
ORIGINAL

"HDTP" (OLD)

UPDATE!

"HDTP"

wO2b3oH.jpg

4ZukLNY.jpg

BTW the golden chest is (originally designers only colored the whole texture slightly yellow and called it golden) only available at your haven and is used to store items like in Diablo. All other such chests are also of higher quality now.

I did tweak the skins for both characters (closeups are sharper but not perfect) and the nun's breasts are kinda hairbrushed there awkwardly. I don't really intent to spend more time perfecting her tits so there, slightly awkward breasts on nun that is the love interest of our protagonist. Call BioWare for more help or Tessera.

Also, I will remove (as much as I can be arsed with :P) any tiling visible on the new textures later. Right now I am going to continue playing and updating areas I come across (I am at the moment a fledgling vampire ffs). While we're at it, thinking of updating games ambient audio (cause the music is awesome but the ambience is meh).

Last edited:

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm moving this to the workshop because this in now a work in progress mod.

Looking good ortucis. :salute:

Keep working on this!

ortucis

Prophet
In the monastry at the moment, so decided to mess around with textures here (WIP)..

ORIGINAL

1Lmnedb.jpg

HDTP

fz4nQGJ.jpg

ORIGINAL

hptU443.jpg

HDTP

d9KuVrj.jpg

The shadow issues (pillars) are present in the game unfortunately (probably the low poly model causing them).

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom