Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Unofficial Arcanum Patch (Original Thread)

Ander Vinz

Scholar
Drog Black Tooth said:
Feel free to suggest anything else you'd like to be included in it.
I suggest to include everything.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Another important lost content restoration. I was able to fix the conversation of Gilbert Bates and Loghaire Thunder Stone. It was sitting deep inside game's files for a long time, along with corresponding sound clips. And now it's back.

HanoverF

Arcane
Patron
MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Codex USB, 2014 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I thought you had already fixed that, guess you just talked about it being in there, I was wondering why they weren't chatty

Langolier

Novice
Drog Black Tooth said:
Maybe that was the reason why the line is inaccessible in the final version? Should I disable it after all?

I don't see any reason to cut it out. Virgil is only human after all and he was distracted so maybe he jumbled his words a bit.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
THE NEW VERSION IS RELEASED.

Here we go. I've put a lot of work into this one, spend a lot of hours tracking and fixing bugs, finding and restoring lost content. The main feature of this release is that sprite mirroring is disabled. I was very interested in this matter from the very beginning, I even contacted Leonard Boyarsky this week (and he was kind enough to forward my question to Tim Cain, those guys are really amazing), and in the end, encouraged by Tim Cain's words I hacked the engine myself. Basically, the number of animations is now almost doubled, near 200 mb of disabled animations are back. Without any kidding, this is the most important and revolutionary update to Arcanum since its release back in 2001.

Among other things, there's also a restored conversation of Gilbert Bates and Loghaire Thunder Stone. The full list of additions is as follows:

-Fixed the Paralysis Grenade schematic, now it uses correct components.
-Fixed basic proto issues with the Telegraph Operator in Tarant and Wino Whitewash: correct soundbanks now.
-The Blade of Xerxes which the adventurers fetch for you now uses correct art.
-A dead body in Gorgoth's Pass and a skeleton in the Wolf Cave are no longer resurrectable.
-Vincent now has negative alignment and is no longer resurrectable.
-Added missing descriptions to a cabinet in the Black Mountain Clan and a dresser in the general store in Tarant.
-Fixed a broken line in Gildor Nightwalk's dialogue.
-Sprite mirroring is disabled, the game now uses all 8 rotations for every creature (the number of animations is almost doubled).
-Updated WorldEd: turned off sprite mirroring, fixed some wrong window sizes (they were too small to show all flags), fixed some typos. Note: this is based on WorldEd 1.0.7.0.

-Fixed a wrong word order in the dialogue for Evil Virgil with Joachim.
-A Dark Elf Bandit in Dernholm Pits now has correct race.
-A half ogre Molochean Hand agent in Stillwater and Gideon Laier now have negative alignment.
-If you have Chukka in your party and asked him to wait somewhere while you killed Bates, then Chukka will attack you on sight.
-Edward Teach won't appear in Black Root if you killed him in Ashbury or on the Isle of Despair. Killian Drake and his cronies won't appear in this case as well.
-Magick-Tech penalty icon now has its own art.
-Fixed the ending when Maximillian returns to Cumbria, but Lianna Pel Dar is dead. Now it uses a correct sound clip.

-Now you can give a pistol to Cynthia Boggs in all cases.
-Lorria now gives you a pistol in all cases.
-Ashbury's guards don't give blank rumors anymore.
-Caladon citizens don't give blank dialogues in the late story state anymore.

-Fixed descriptions for the Medallion of Beauty and the Strong Poison.
-Dragarons now have soundbanks.
-The Magick Ring from the Uncharted Cave is now usable.
-Removed artefacts from all target icons.
-Fixed problems with Kietzel Pierce's dialogue. Now you get different dialogue options if you lied to him about the bow.
-An infinite XP loop in Jason C. Guy's dialogue is now fixed.

-Kietzel Pierce and Clarissa Shalmo now actually have master training in their respectful skills.
-The Dagger of Pain and the Bow of Ecclesiastes no longer have an empty spell menu.
-Teleportation to/from the Half Ogre Island is disallowed.
-Ring of Protection now gives DR+10 bonus, as its description says.
-Fixed various typos in Raven's dialogue. Also removed a broken line.
-Fixed a typo in Magnus with Bingham dialogue.
-Mrs. Morgan's quest now gets botched if you kill JT, and she will attack you once you speak to her again.
-Mrs. Morgan's lines don't get repeated if you already have the quest.
-Mrs. Morgan won't mention JT's quest if you killed him before taking it.

-Fixed basic proto issues with Mrs. Morgan: now she has a correct soundbank.
-The Witch's Dagger doesn't have an empty spell menu anymore.
-Fixed a mistake in the description of Haggle skill.
-Fixed a bug with getting infinite fate points by killing and resurrecting Gilbert Bates.
-Fixed a typo in the dialogue for Virgil after seeing Joachim's telegram.
-Fixed a typo in Gilbert Bates' dialogue.
-Added a missing script and an internal name to Kerghan's journal. This affects several lines in Gideon Laier's dialogue.
-Bullors' crate will now disappear from the docks once you use it.
-Fixed a bug in Renard's dialogue, it was setting a wrong global flag, thus breaking another quest.

-Fixed a mistake in Virgil's response about the Crash Site.
-When Adkin Chambers is healed and leaves Stillwater it now affects the number of citizens, so now it's possible to get the Butcher of Stillwater reputation in this case as well.
-The conversation of Gilbert Bates and Loghaire Thunder Stone is restored.

Grab the update in the first post. And please post your feedback/impressions.

Also, I'd like to thank you for your support and I hope you will be supporting this project in the future as well.

P.S. Happy Birthday to me.

puppyonastik

Augur
Drog Black Tooth said:
P.S. Happy Birthday to me.

Birthday-Cat.jpg

Thanks again Drog for all your hard work. You are a true patriot.

Claw

Erudite
Patron
Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
Drog Black Tooth said:
Without any kidding, this is the most important and revolutionary update to Arcanum since its release back in 2001.
Without kidding - or modesty. :P

Nah, you earned it. Putting old Tim to shame by simply switching off sprite mirroring like it was nothing.

Happy Birthday, and thanks for the gift.
clap.gif

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
turn based mode is still kinda buggy. Sometimes turn never ends. and reverting to real time will result in a complete rout since most crowd control effects will disappear. To compound the annoyance, reverting to TB again right after that gives the turn to the enemies, usually enough to fuck me up.

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Thanks everyone for the birthday wishes and support! I really appreciate it.

Brother None said:
Looks like you got mirrored and newsied over on Gamer's HHell.
I'm getting popular, it seems. Hopefully it will make more people come here and help the project though.

lindseyerin

Novice
joined this forum just for arcanum and this patch...

First off, Good damn job dude. I've always loved this game and it pained me that i've never been able to finish it due to bugs, crashes, and corrupt save files. Here's to hoping that this time I'll actually get to see the end.

Second, I joined the forum to report a bug I (think) found tonight, I haven't seen it posted anywhere else:

If you're on the isle of despair (this happened to me after the bandits on the beach were killed by the captain of the gypsy storm)), go talk to the captain, when he asks if you want to go back now and the only option is "yes", if you cancel out of the dialog (i did this by clicking something in my item bar), from then on he will say that if you ever need him to sail you some where just ask. But he won't actually take you FROM the isle of despair. You're stuck. Is this a known issue?

Woreczko

Novice
Hi

Is it possible and safe to apply a mod (namely Krupps gun tweaks) over your fantastic patch? Krupps mod changes protos, effects.txt, spelleffects.txt and some sound files AFAIK.

Arrath

Novice
Loving all the effort you're putting into this! I'll try it out tonight.

I'll add a bug I know of, and use all too often, so it kinda pains me to post it.

Madam Lil in Tarant gives you a quest to get some money owed her by a doorman at the Gentlemen's club in Tarant. When you talk to him you can choose to take half the money then and the second half in a week. Once you wait an in-game week you can talk to him for the 2nd half of the money and from then you can advance the time one day and get the money again, you can repeat this forever if you don't turn the quest in to Madam Lil.

Edit: Happy birthday!

Self-Ejected

Drog Black Tooth

Self-Ejected
Re: joined this forum just for arcanum and this patch...

lindseyerin said:
If you're on the isle of despair (this happened to me after the bandits on the beach were killed by the captain of the gypsy storm)), go talk to the captain, when he asks if you want to go back now and the only option is "yes", if you cancel out of the dialog (i did this by clicking something in my item bar), from then on he will say that if you ever need him to sail you some where just ask. But he won't actually take you FROM the isle of despair. You're stuck. Is this a known issue?
As I said before, interrupting dialogues may mess up your game pretty badly. Anyway, if you've already talked to Thorvald you will have only the option of going back to Ashbury, and if you didn't solve the quest there's an option to exit the dialogue. I'm not sure if it needs to be fixed though, since it's pretty obvious that Troika wanted it to be this way.

Woreczko said:
Is it possible and safe to apply a mod (namely Krupps gun tweaks) over your fantastic patch? Krupps mod changes protos, effects.txt, spelleffects.txt and some sound files AFAIK.
I'm afraid, it's not. It will introduce new bugs. Anyway, as I stated before, due to the game structure almost any mod won't be compatible with the patch unless it was made so specifically.

Madam Lil in Tarant gives you a quest to get some money owed her by a doorman at the Gentlemen's club in Tarant. When you talk to him you can choose to take half the money then and the second half in a week. Once you wait an in-game week you can talk to him for the 2nd half of the money and from then you can advance the time one day and get the money again, you can repeat this forever if you don't turn the quest in to Madam Lil.
Hmm, I wasn't able to reproduce it. Are you sure that this happens on a vanilla 1074 version of the game?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom