Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

In Progress Transport Jew(iant) - can the hivemind into transport business?

GarfunkeL

Racism Expert
SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP SHIP

We haven't seen that side of the game at all, yet!

Self-Ejected

Ulminati

Kamelåså!
Patron
Everything but Zeppelins is new shit for us, and thus vastly inferior. Stick with turn-based zeppelins

hostergaard

Educated
I love Zeppelins, nothing says awesome more than a giant ballon of gass lifting tons of people and chargo. But its time to be rational, we need to expand our economy elsewhere, diversify. Planes would have been great, if not for the fact that it would directly compete with our established business of zepps'. Ocean cruisers sounds nifty and I am all for it if we can transport chargo and not just passengers.

If not, go for Oil, it sound like it got potential.

Infantryman

Scholar
Oil

fBMv3Cm.png

Make the sapiens hydrocarbon-dependent. Make them bow before you, begging for more. Bleed them dry.

exe

Augur
Nice job, this LP made me get the game. I am not disappointed :D I got some questions though.
Is there a way to turn on the grid that shows when you build a station? Would make planning tracks easier.
How much wagons can a small railstation load in decent time? Putting on like 20 seems to still work good, but when I tried 30 the loadingtime went to shit.
Also, are passengers ever worth it? I have been playing the campaign to learn the game, and passengers transportation has always been underwhelming compared to other stuff, even though most other resource transportation drive empty on the way back, they still make more money.
And the most important bit: is there a way to build a rail network without having to connect it to your existing rail network? Like when you want to build something on the other side of the map.

Hellraiser

Arcane
I don't know the answers to the first few questions, but for the last two I can tell you that you can make a killing off passengers and that there is an exploit/bug where if you plan a connected railway and then delete the tracks that connect it you can still build it. You would have to google for that.

As for the update I'll write one soon(tm). The screenshots are done but I want to finish writing the CYOA chapter first and the past few days have been rather busy.

Hellraiser

Arcane
The Sky's the limit

Quote of the update:

“Corporations are like protean bacteria; you hit them with accountability and they mutate and change their names.” ― Doug Anderson

We get ourselves a new airport near Waldstedt a city in the north of the map.

kotick.png
: [breathes in] Ah! The sublime smell of burning kerosene making me yehudimzahav. Is there anything else you would want?

174k jewgold, now that's income.

New train, this ones is a passenger-only model. The advantage of these is that they store more passengers than those that use separate cars.

prateek.png
: I am please to inform you that I have once again tanked the sapiens economy.

kotick.png
: [yawn] Wake me up when you grow out of these games child.

We're getting 89k now per plane.

By comparison the zeppelins make 26k per trip. Planes have way better profit margins.

apelblitz.png

vince.png
: The reinvigorated industrial might of the popamole-free Eisenturm Reich is symbolized by our automobiles. They drive forward no matter the conditions, no matter how much decline the consoletard elements throw on the roads. They drive forwards towards a bright future of the Grognard master race!

The new Apel Blitz trucks can carry twice as much stuff as the earlier trucks.

To fully utilize their speed we would need to build new roads, this are of course more expensive than the gravel roads.

Electrified rails cost just marginally more per segment, however roads are two-way by default which allow for more traffic.

It started getting crowded with planes circling above the airports so I built an additional parking space. This increases capacity and also allows us to place a kiosk to sell crappy literature to the sapiens thus furthering the cultural decline of their civilization. Also we make more cash of the passenger thanks to it.

kotick.png
: Cheap oil for all sappiens! Now start buying more cars, more plastics, building more power plants that run on it! This will be the blood of your civilization, the one which we control. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

This is how much we're making off the plane business so far.

The five o'clockers build the fastest steam locomotive, this should be the last new steam engine we'll get. It's all diesel and electric from here.

We get a new plane but there is a twist. This one is a cargo plane, these have their uses for certain rare types of supply chains that tend to be scattered all over the map. Like Uranium-Nuclear Power Plant chains. Or delivering jewelry to big cities.

prateek.png
: Have you heard? The Sapiens are calling this the "Great Depression".

kotick.png
: You never learn do you Chocolate Jew? You're just a one trick pony.

This recession actually means we got an increase by 2k per trip on planes. So we must have rolled a slightly lower income penalty. Guess I was wrong on how the economic cycle events work.

:rage:

Now this thing was a big fuck you from the game. You see we lost a few planes, do you want to know why? It's because the cities grew by a bit and Waldstedt dropped off the passenger demand list. I had all the planes set to fully load and unload before departure. What happened was that since there was no demand for the line the empty planes waiting for passengers sat on the parking space. At the same time the inbound ones kept circling above until their condition fell to 0% and they blew up. Much rage, just shows you need to build airlines only between the big cities which won't fall off the demand list.

The Eiffel Tower is being built. Perhaps we should exploit and profit (with an emphasis on exploitation) using it?

The sapiens will think it was all the fault of man-made CO2 emissions causing globalwarmthinkery :troll:

Over 15,5 million per year. A long way to those billions it seems.

Alright, the strategies available for 1946-1955 are:

Baby Meat - find a good place to set up a new baby meat chain using trains/trucks and exploit the hell out of it. It almost worked once, well actually it worked fine but larpfaggotry interrupted it.

Strip Mining - look for iron ore, boxites or coal and industries that need them. Profit off it.

Oil - I hear you can make a killing off the petrochemical industry. Just ask Exxon-Mobil :smug:

Zeppelins - Focus on putting these majestic and :obviously: aircraft on voyages between major cities.

Airline Chemtrails - Start buildings airports and dropping all those toxic chemicals on the sapiens.

Passenger railways - move the sapiens around gouging them for every penny.

Ocean Cruise lines - this map has decent inland seas (over-sized lakes?) and more coastal cities, maybe we can find a line we can exploit.

Jewgold and Jewelry - jewgold mines and jewelers are present in the area. By supplying the major sapiens urban centers with jewelry using our new cargo aircraft we can make a lot of jewgold ourselves.

Eiffel Tower - one of the Neanderthal/Sapiens hybrids by the name of Eiffel is building a large tower using engineering skills unseen in the common spear-hucking assmonkey. We can gouge him for every eice of jewgold he has by supplying the construction site.

Vote for one of the above.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Ahh, the choices! I'm still a big fan of strip mining, though jewgold and jewelry ought to have a nice synergy with our existing airlines (they'll be using the same airports, right?). And then there's the LARP way, which demands that we attack the hybrid building the tower. Meditate on this, I shall.

Hellraiser

Arcane
Yes the airport in Martinsburg as well as the other one we have can be used to drop off cargo as well.

A pity the Germans didn't put in advanced cargo zeppelins in the future era of the game. You would think they would be the kind of people who would pay attention to the development of those. I recently read about a Kwa company wanting to build those, they would be very cost-efficient in the current oil price climate and fairly fast.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
You *have to* work these guys into the LP somehow:

obr2624.jpg

Seeing as how they're enemies of "Saurians from hells", I'd wager they're servants of the Melonheaded Elders :salute:

Also, I think I need an update on Clevology. Just to be certain I'm getting everything right. So, are the statements below correct?

1. The Melonheads arrived from their homeworld to Earth.
2. The Melonheads created two slave species: the Sapiens and the Neanderthals
3. The Neanderthals rebelled, also freeing the Sapiens.
4. The Jews are another servant/child species of the Melonheads, and their faithful enforcers.
5. The Melonheads and the Jews are constantly trying to regain control over the Sapiens, and to destroy the Neanderthals, who have proven to difficult to control.

What role do the Saurians play, exactly? Why are they attacking the Melonheads homeworld?

Hellraiser

Arcane
Bro, you don't know what you don't even know. Either way I am adapting Cleveology to my own LARPing purposes mixing it with other NWO conspiracy theories for the ultimate vault-co blog experience.

However here is the Cleveology Canon as proclaimed by Cleveland M. Blakemore himself, an actual living fossil - a Neanderthal. It is a vast codex filled with forbidden knowledge that you don't even know that you don't even know it.

Summary (with some mistakes probably, I am merely a sapiens trying to interpret Neanderthal wisdom, please forgive me):

An early hominid species, the Melonheads, create and rule an advanced far more advanced than ours civilization.

Somewhere along the way neanderthals are created but some manage to break free and the melonheads don't give a fuck as they still have other neanderthal slaves. Eventually though they get pissed off as they start to see the nenderthals as competition so they modify the sapiens to take care of the issue. Neanderthals are superior to sapiens but they lack the sheer numbers of the spear-chucking assmonkeys.

The sapiens botch the job because instead of killing every neanderthal they rape their women and hybrids are born. Eventually though the sapiens cause a collapse of melonhead civilization. So the melonheads decide to go Illuminati on the whole thing and rule from the shadows. In particular they're fond of malta and snakes, also after generations of mixing with the sapiens they turned into khazarian jews. However thanks to cleveology(tm) you can guess who they are based on the obvious melonhead-genes shaping their skulls.

Probably fucked up something but that's the core of it.

Shadenuat

Arcane
Shit this game is a timesink. I tried to play it a bit before sleep and awakened at six o clock in the morning. Good thing it's friday.

Bro, you don't know what you don't even know. Either way I am adapting Cleveology to my own LARPing purposes mixing it with other NWO conspiracy theories for the ultimate vault-co blog experience.

However here is the Cleveology Canon as proclaimed by Cleveland M. Blakemore himself, an actual living fossil - a Neanderthal. It is a vast codex filled with forbidden knowledge that you don't even know that you don't even know it.

Summary (with some mistakes probably, I am merely a sapiens trying to interpret Neanderthal wisdom, please forgive me):

An early hominid species, the Melonheads, create and rule an advanced far more advanced than ours civilization.

Somewhere along the way neanderthals are created but some manage to break free and the melonheads don't give a fuck as they still have other neanderthal slaves. Eventually though they get pissed off as they start to see the nenderthals as competition so they modify the sapiens to take care of the issue. Neanderthals are superior to sapiens but they lack the sheer numbers of the spear-chucking assmonkeys.

The sapiens botch the job because instead of killing every neanderthal they rape their women and hybrids are born. Eventually though the sapiens cause a collapse of melonhead civilization. So the melonheads decide to go Illuminati on the whole thing and rule from the shadows. In particular they're fond of malta and snakes, also after generations of mixing with the sapiens they turned into khazarian jews. However thanks to cleveology(tm) you can guess who they are based on the obvious melonhead-genes shaping their skulls.

Probably fucked up something but that's the core of it.

Wait, didn't the Melonheads create the Cromags to eradicate the neanderthal rebels when the plan backfired on them and forced them to rule from the shadows, using their half-breed Khazar children as their tool?
Obonga might as well be a cromag sent to turn Kwanzania into a bolshevist dictatorship using the military against the manboons as well as the machete gangs to keep them in place, thus satisfying both his natural bloodlust and fulfilling ITZ, leading to the eventual re-enslavement of the sapiens by the melonheads.

exe

Augur
Airline.
Which map is that? It has a nice mix between land and sea.

Hellraiser

Arcane
It's a randomly generated one. Got lucky with that mix really, usually when you check "land must overlap" it just creates a pretty dull peninsula-like coastline with no inland seas.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom