Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Transistor - sci-fi action-RPG from the makers of Bastion

Lancehead

Liturgist
And it says RPG, should we believe?
Bastion is not what I'd consider RPG; it is an action game with load-outs. But the general public out there seems to call it aRPG, so I guess it is, and likely the case with this game.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
I would not call Bastion an RPG, and very little appealed to me in Bastion. That said, I'll keep a eye on this one, see how it develops.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I almost closed the window as soon as I saw "FROM THE CREATORS OF BASTION". Then I really closed the window when I saw that you were playing a chick with a large sword. In a sci-fi setting. Get fucked. It'll probably win more awards from the vidya awards, though.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
It's shit, if even someone who enjoyed bastion found it annoying i guess.

catfood

AGAIN
Gay song.

Haven't played Bastion yet, is it any good? The fact that everyone, including both mainstream media and hipsters, sings its praises to high heaven made sceptic about its quality.

Zed

Codex Staff
Patron
Staff Member
Codex USB, 2014
horrible song, revolting art-style.

Mortmal

Arcane
Thats another of those bold innovative indie action rpg, a game you will see for years on steam sales at -90% every sales, every day, and i wont still buy it .

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
music is nice (fuck trash metal, electro and symphony lovers). But the game looks shit (this thing that she holds in her hands and all this phone-like look - bleh).

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Music is actually p. nice, but the artstlye is a bit too anime-ish for my tastes (gods, look at that giant cyber-sword). Gameplay looks like it could be fun but I don't see what's RPG about it.

Looks like hipster/douchebag/nexgen kids dream game. I.e. - like shit. Doesn't even look like an rpg. I don't mind the music and art style btw (although it is crappy).

Lancehead

Liturgist
Haven't played Bastion yet, is it any good? The fact that everyone, including both mainstream media and hipsters, sings its praises to high heaven made sceptic about its quality.
I think it's going for $ 1 today on humble weekly sale. For that price, it's a fun romp. The art style nice enough, but there's not enough variation, so gets old rather quickly. The "narrator" is overrated. Works well with kb&m.

covr

Prophet
Patron
Great song. Like Muse without balls and less guitars. Gameplay looks cheesy as fuck.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom