Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland The Wasteland 2 Beta Release Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Unfortunately GOG sales numbers are not high enough to get excited about that, but it is always nice to see a classic RPG topping the chart.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It would have been nice to have a good pre-order buzz going on Steam right now, but unfortunately, they didn't reduce the price ahead of release.

accismus

Literate
The launch price is $40/€40.

Steam has made changes to its VAT policies over the recent period and it is now subtracted from the listed sale price. VAT goes from I believe a minimum of 19% to about 27% depending on the country.

*sigh* No love for Switzerland eh? Not part of the EU, and only 8% VAT, but Valve still makes us pay 40 EUR...

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Wasteland 2 seems to be both, number 1 and number 99 on GOG.

Which is legit and which is a bought placement?

:troll:

Cnaiur

Augur
No access to a desktop or laptop for at least another month. Really should stop reading this thread after tonight.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
*sigh* No love for Switzerland eh? Not part of the EU, and only 8% VAT, but Valve still makes us pay 40 EUR...
You're in Euro1. We can fine-tune prices to some extent but yeah, nothing that can be done about that.

Correct, it looks really nice though. The Kickstarter one is apparently metal.
The CE is metal. The standard is your standard cardboard. Both are old-school boxed sized.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
5.5 Gb download on steam. Right now on Ranger Center I had the possibility of claiming my key in either Steam or GOG, possibly because I didnt claim my beta key before that.

Spiral Jacobs

Novice
Just deactivated my Steam beta key for a GOG key. Thanks for that option, inXile!

I also have another GOG/Steam key for the standard edition. I assume that the boxed copy I receive will have no additional keys? Not that I'm complaining.

EDIT: Just noticed that Wasteland 2 is still in my Steam library. I assume this will be removed later?

How did you deactivate? Was it through Torment, or Ranger Central? The Ranger Central page doesn't seem to have the deactivation option up yet, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.

Spiral Jacobs

Novice
How did you deactivate? Was it through Torment, or Ranger Central? The Ranger Central page doesn't seem to have the deactivation option up yet, or maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
It does, under the Rewards tab (scroll down).

Hmm...just went there again. I see Group 1 Reward - Digital Download Key Allocation, and under that I see my Steam key that's been activated, and a spare key that I plan on gifting to my brother once i deactivate my steam key and activate on GOG. Is it a button? Nothing about deactivate at all on the Wasteland 2 Ranger Center rewards tab.

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Hmm...just went there again. I see Group 1 Reward - Digital Download Key Allocation, and under that I see my Steam key that's been activated, and a spare key that I plan on gifting to my brother once i deactivate my steam key and activate on GOG. Is it a button? Nothing about deactivate at all on the Wasteland 2 Ranger Center rewards tab.
Nexrt to the Steam key you should see two buttons, "Keep Steam Key" or "Revoke and switch to GOG.com"

Spiral Jacobs

Novice
Nexrt to the Steam key you should see two buttons, "Keep Steam Key" or "Revoke and switch to GOG.com"
Hmmm, nope. It actually specifies: Your donation gives you access to 2 digital copies of Wasteland 2.
You can claim your digital key, and download Wasteland 2, from either Steam™ or GOG.com. Please be aware that you must choose one of these services for each key. Once chosen, you will not be able to switch services. If you have any issues, please contact us.
Here's an image, with my claimed key blacked out, of course:
http://i.imgur.com/XVgQKb1.png

Brother None

inXile Entertainment
Developer
Looks like you pressed "keep Steam key" :/

Contact us at the Ranger Center for help I guess.

FeelTheRads

Arcane
So on GOG... what version is the one Kickstarter backers after all? When I claimed the key it had all the rewards for the deluxe edition listed, but was called "digital classic". Now there's only a few rewards left. However, if I go to the W2 page on gog it shows as "Deluxe" and it says I own it...

Digital is teh hard

Edit: I assume the digital rewards will be available through the Ranger Center as well?

Spiral Jacobs

Novice
Looks like you pressed "keep Steam key" :/

Contact us at the Ranger Center for help I guess.
Hmmm, pretty sure there never was a "keep Steam key" on there. I just grabbed the key the other day to try the beta before realizing you could get a GOG key, played it on steam, and that was that. There never were any other buttons. I'll contact Ranger Center. Thanks for the help, anyway.

Zdzisiu

Arcane
Guys, why can I play the game right now? Is this some beta build that will update with the launch at midnight?

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Are STEAM Key available for this yet on the Ranger Center, or will that be on Friday?

I redeemed my key some time ago, I think your beta key becomes the true key unless you use the option to revoke it? Could be wrong.

Thanks! I just checked and now have it. DOWNLOADING NAOW do I can be ready for tomorrow.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom