Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

People News The New Obsidian: Josh Sawyer promoted to studio Design Director role

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Aw get off your high horse faggits, the Codex is every bit as much a safe space as all of those, only it's safe for a different crowd.

Safe for people who want to say what they want without getting banned for it?

Safe for people whose opinions are in line with the consensus. Just like every other safe space.

Why dont you show everyone where naughty Codex touched you?

Its fascinating how you lack any sense of self awareness. You have been attacking directly both this site and its users constantly, something that majority of us would take offence off, yet still here you are despite this hordes of angry users that harass anyone with whom they disagree.

Its also fascinating how butthurt you are about this site for some unknown reason. Well my assumption is that someone insulted you and you went crying back to your Obsidian/RPGWatch safe place until Infinitron called you back for PoE review (something that many of us will be forever grateful to him).

But to be still so butthurt years after you left this site is simply amazing.

Prime Junta

markec I do wonder from time to time why I'm still here. Partly it's pure bloody-mindedness I guess. I don't want to give you shitlords the satisfaction that you've run me off.

Also, this place gets the news first and there are good discussions to be had as well, as long as they're not about one of the oh-so-sensitive Codex's trigger topics.

markec

Twitterbot
Patron
Codex 2012 Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Dead State Project: Eternity Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
markec I do wonder from time to time why I'm still here. Partly it's pure bloody-mindedness I guess. I don't want to give you shitlords the satisfaction that you've run me off.

Also, this place gets the news first and there are good discussions to be had as well, as long as they're not about one of the oh-so-sensitive Codex's trigger topics.

If you like some parts of Codex then stay and be part of them, end of the story. Constantly bitching about assholes of this community just makes you look like a little bitch, ignore them and move on.

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
latest

Fairfax

Arcane

safespace.png

Not taking a side here, generally interested in this as an experiment. Take your posts, repost them at various other gaming sites and replace 'Codex' with 'Neogaf' or the equivalent, and provide us with a table showing how many banned you, how many just mass-flamed but tolerated you, and how many just trolled you like the 'dex.

Can even exclude sites like the Escapist, where it's 'safe playground but genuinely trying not to take sides on game politics'. Sadly the Escapist's game opinions have been in decline for years, but I gained massive respect for them, and their implementation of the 'safe playground' model during the early GG clusterfuck of shadowbans across every other forum - I have no issue with a site that deliberately and openly chooses to impose 'meet our head moderator, Ned Flanders' more family friendly cousin. Don't let the relation to our black sheep Ned fool you, he won't tolerate any of that 'gosh darnit' language in this house mister!' style, when they actually follow through and aim their insanely finnicky mass-banning on the basis of absurdly strict manners and arcane forum laws, instead of just using it as an excuse to nuke topics they don't like. I still expect that the 'dex would be one of the less censorial places, and likely the least censorial out of sites that also provide constructive content.

HiddenX

The Elder Spy
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Shadorwun: Hong Kong
On topic:

I hope Josh will create his old dream one day: A new Darklands with turn based combat and a classless character development system.

Xzylvador

Arbiter
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
I'm starting to have trouble understanding this thread.
It would appear, however unlikely, that people take things posted on this forum very seriously.
This is very, very baffling to me.
I was under the impression that Codex consisted of roughly 40% sarcasm, 30% satire, 20% cynisism (of which 3/4th sarcastic) and the remaining 10% randomly divided between blind optimism or finalistic pessimism depending on current rpg-related events.
Possibly with a fineprint 'may contain traces of serious discussion' somewhere on the label, covered by smears of monkey feces.

Prime Junta

Not taking a side here, generally interested in this as an experiment. Take your posts, repost them at various other gaming sites and replace 'Codex' with 'Neogaf' or the equivalent, and provide us with a table showing how many banned you, how many just mass-flamed but tolerated you, and how many just trolled you like the 'dex.

Not much of an experiment. I think you already know that calling other members shitweasels or fucking idiots would've gotten my ass banned in no time from almost anywhere else.

Whether that reflects well or poorly on them or the Codex is a different question of course.

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Dunno about you, but whenever I call someone an idiot or a retard - I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just giving you an honest and correct diagnosis of your mental capacities.

Prime Junta

Dunno about you, but whenever I call someone an idiot or a retard - I'm not trying to insult you, I'm just giving you an honest and correct diagnosis of your mental capacities.

I know, some places just can't handle the truth.

mondblut

Arcane
Mogadishu > Pyongyang.

Also, mob rule is the primal, most genuine democracy. Just ask any nigger in pre-WWI American south :smug:

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
It can be quite annoying on forums that are not the codex that you're not allowed to tell idiots that they are dumb. You end up with discussions that go on forever because you can't tell someone that their arguments are fucking stupid. Instead you have to refute them with logic, logic they are obviously too dumb to understand so they will only repeat their own invalid arguments in response and act like they have just made a clever retort.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SA update:

What is this "SoD" that Codex is talking about as being so good?

I assume they are talking about "Siege of Dragonspear", the recent expansion to BG:EE.

Uh....

The Codex has very similar tastes in RPG to me, so I just tend to keep an eye on the news page as most of it interests me, and ignore the forum nearly entirely (threads about specific old games can be useful/interesting). That's how you read the Codex.
emot-shobon.gif

The hate for ropekid is a shame, `cause he seems pretty chill and levelheaded.

It's not rational, but also not surprising. When you make a game and sell it heavily as the spiritual successor to a beloved franchise, any deviation from the design of that old franchise is going to cause a nostalgia-fueled shitstorm. A site mostly focused on classic CRPGs is going to be populated by a high percentage of people who don't deal with change well.

Still, as you say, it's by far the best CRPG site available. Highly active, and a fair number of developers lurk and occasionally post there.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Prime Junta said:
I would appreciate it if you stopped explaining what I'm saying on my behalf. I'm perfectly capable of doing that myself when needed.

which is why you needed like twenty consultants for your shitty review

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom