Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

Baron Dupek

Arcane
Does every armor need to be overdesigned like a 343i or Tetsuya Nomura design?

Since game engines and average PC/console allow you to add details - yes.
Same deal with artworks (better drawing software, even free one + drawing tablets) - ton of garbage on everything, even worse when game is set in post-apo settings, where people are walking junkyards.

pippin

I guess they wanted to avoid the "le doomguy is an american football player xD" memes.

Space Insect

Arcane
Snapmap looks like the same sort of shit that went out with SCL. I just hope now that id goes out the same way nspace did. Put it out of its misery.

Venser

Erudite
"Doom killed by Quake fanboys" What's up with this title, can anyone explain? Doom was killed by consoles if anything. The game is nothing like Quake.

Durandal

Arcane
My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
c99ba5e978053aaa4264bb4bf41cb123.png

'Welcome. Welcome to City 17.'
0533bf7c9a7ee0c15a12707285138f96.png

Is this the big bad from Hell? A robot with a lightsaber that makes Kylo Ren's hiltsaber look like a masterpiece in comparison? just like in my japanese animes
068ec4abc511f8bbb9300cd0757d2c7c.png

WHERE'S THE COLOR, EGGMAN?
003b720d06f5fa166889f22cd0c95192.png

Why the hell didn't they go with this pose for the cover? Here's something that looks cool, for once.
The rest of the trailer is just cutie takedowns which are nauseating to look at with such a console FOV. Gunplay still looks floaty and lacks any punch.

Bethesda just doesn't 'get' what Doom is about. It's that simple.
Bethesda doesn't even get what Elder Scrolls is about anymore.

That's because to the modern gamer numbers mean nothing. There were no games before Doom 3, Doom 3 was the first.
There were no games before Fallout 3, Fallout 3 was the first.
There were no games before Elder Scrolls IV, Elder Scrolls IV was the first.

Those numbers were added for stylistic effect.

Ironically, when 'The Madness of King George III' came out in the US, they changed the title to 'The Madness of King George', because they were worried that kwanzians wouldn't go see it, because they hadn't seen the 1st two films...

lightbane

Arcane
:retarded:
Is that a blatant recycling of the "Stroggification" scene from Quake 4? The jokes about Doo-Quake became reality. And I see little sense in that scene unless it's meant to show the Doomguy has his armor fused with his skin or worse. And then one of the few new enemies is a a derpy-looking droid with a bootlegged lightsaber/pickaxe. Really? :retarded::retarded:

I can't wait to see if NuDoom will outderp NuWolfestein and its "deep" story.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Bethesda doesn't even get what Elder Scrolls is about anymore.

That's because to the modern gamer numbers mean nothing. There were no games before Doom 3, Doom 3 was the first.
There were no games before Fallout 3, Fallout 3 was the first.
There were no games before Elder Scrolls IV, Elder Scrolls IV was the first.

Those numbers were added for stylistic effect.

Ironically, when 'The Madness of King George III' came out in the US, they changed the title to 'The Madness of King George', because they were worried that kwanzians wouldn't go see it, because they hadn't seen the 1st two films...

Fuck the 'modern' gamer, this is from a recent interview about the development of WipeOut 2097 - 20 years ago.

It was WipEout XL in the US becase - apologies to all US citizens - someone at Psygnosis was determined that the US audience wouldn't understand the idea of 100 years in the future in the title and would question where the previous 2096 games were.

Space Insect

Arcane
Is it just me or did that leaked trailer make it look like they decided to add a new story to the game? Fuck, they couldn't even get the story right.

Moink

Cipher

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom