Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The New DOOM Thread (2016)

Riskbreaker

As I've said before, their Doom '16 section is like an extension of Beth's official forums. For fucks sake, thread named "Could Quake fanboys kill the PC version of Doom?" wherein author whines about thousands of evul Quake fanboys supposedly bombing Doom Beta's user reviews (!!!) is treated as serious business instead of being laughed at and promptly hell'd.

A user named cat

RPGCodex: known for insane amounts of toxicity and bigotry.

I think we have a new forums subtitle :lol:

Infinitron Crooked Bee
What the fuck is "toxicity"? I really hate pansy newfag slang especially from whiny snowflakes who are hurt by internet free speech. I think these Doom4tards need to check their gender fluids then choke on them. This game is absolutely wretched and anyone stupid enough to defend it should be shot in the dick. Seriously if you're a grown man and use the word "toxic" without following it with "avenger" then just give up on life now and do us all a favor.

Last edited by a moderator:

Anthedon

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Guys, Shillworld denizens are really triggered by our new thread title! https://www.doomworld.com/vb/doom-2...-quake-fanboys-kill-the-pc-version-of-doom/4/
Rofl they've been vitriolic about this game since page 1, two years ago. I don't think Doom4 is the best thing since sliced bread, but it's always looked at least decent. GG to them for being the stereotypical cancerous gamer crowd, though.
RPGCodex is one of the laughing stocks of the internet. Basically, their hate for Doom is the result of hatred they hold for everything Bethesda-related ever since Fallout 3 turned out to be neither isometric nor turn based. Not to mention that place is known for insane amounts of toxicity and bigotry.
Holy shit, those guys are worse than the League community that I ditched for being toxic. I didn't think it was possible.

What is this communist nigger jew faggot talking about?

A user named cat

I remember that shit band, are they still around? Their sound got tiring after like two songs.

T. Reich

Arcane
What the fuck is "toxicity"? I really hate pansy newfag slang especially from whiny snowflakes who are hurt by internet free speech. I think think these Doom4tards need to check their gender fluids then choke on them. This game is absolutely wretched and anyone stupid enough to defend it should be shot in the dick.

Implying they have dicks in the first place. Well, I'm sure some of them USED TO have one, but then they cut them off because FEMINISM.

Riskbreaker

One might say that we are... TOXIC, TOXIIIIC!

There's some actual cancer for this thread.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
'Toxic' is a League of Legends-spawned newspeak adjective that can be applied to anything that triggers you.

Player shittalks you during the game? He's toxic.

You're a noob that's getting facestomped by better people? They're toxic.

A character is sort of eh but super-effective when stomping no-skill tardos (such as you)? The character is toxic.

Someone doesn't say GL HF when game starts? He's toxic.

A skill/character/item is very hard to use, but very effective when used properly (especially against people like you who lack the skill)? It's toxic.

Something makes you ragequit? That something is toxic.

Unkillable Cat

LEST WE FORGET
Patron
Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy
Those Doomworld posts? Classic Bethesda and their "Destroy the community" tactics when it comes to their games.

They divided the Star Trek community back in '99 by granting one ST-website exclusive access, while black-listing most others, including the largest one.

They screwed over Arkane studios with Dishonored (or was it another title?) so that Arkane is now totally Zenimax's bitch.

How they treated the Fallout license, but more importantly how they treated the Fallout community, is their biggest accomplishment so far. I'm fairly certain No Mutants Allowed became the SJW shitstain that it is now because of Bethesda shills.

On that note, how Bethesda screwed over Obsidian in regards to Fallout: New Vegas.

Finally, how they tried to make everyone drink the Kool-Aid in regards to Elder Scrolls: Oblivion (Radiant AI!) and only one site refused to do so: The RPG Codex.

The Codex has been a thorn in Bethesda's side for more than a decade, so anytime Bethtards need someone to point and laugh at (for marketing purposes, for example) they take turns shitting on the Codex.

This has happened before, and it will happen again.

tormund

Arcane
Unkillable Cat
NMA even quietly deleted their Fallout 3 review at some point, as someone here noticed recently. They are fully a part of Bethesda Cult right now.

in a forum where every second post contains the word 'cuck'
Not really, it isn't even used that prominently here compared to some other places, and there are loads of comments by people who are either annoyed or critical of that insult even in the GG thread...

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Seems like the site was overhauled sometime during the past several months and all the old reviews are gone, not just FO3.

Astral Rag

Arcane
Doom open beta gets hellish reviews on Steam
Last week, the Doom open beta came to all platforms, but not everyone was impressed.
Doom-open-beta.png

An overwhelming 63 per cent of players that rated the Doom open beta on Steam gave it a negative review.

The general consensus amongst the negative reviews is that it feels more like Halo than Doom. The more succinct comments ranged from, “Never could get into Halo games”, to, “Not a big fan of Masterchief’s new look,” with a few Call of Duty references peppering the page.

“You’d think a game where you can play as a demon armed with a jetpack and multiple rocket launchers would manage to feel well… anything. It manages to not do anything badly but somehow also not do anything particularly well either.

“Somehow, despite the features that sound so awesome, the effects that look admittedly rather good and the prestige of being a game in the DOOM series, this is one of the most unambitious, least exciting and just plain dull games I’ve managed to play. If it was to be a free to play game, fair enough, but anyone paying £40 for this on release is bound to be disappointed by the fact that the new Unreal Tournament game slated for release this year is probably going to be better,” said another user.

More news at eleven.

Last edited:

tormund

Arcane
Seems like the site was overhauled sometime during the past several months and all the old reviews are gone, not just FO3.
They should preserve them for historical purposes if nothing else. And it's not like their public image is going to change regardless of what they do, even now people will refer to them as "that forum full of bitter old Fallout fanboys/Bethesda haters" even though reality is far from that nowadays...

Gentle Player

Arcane
Not to defend the cretins on the Doom forum, but you clowns do realise that "toxic" as a metaphor for something bad or unpleasant is by no means "newspeak". It's been used in that sense since at least the early 20th century and probably the 19th as well. I'll grant that it's likely being used more often these days and that it's become popular in certain circles, but it's by no means new.

tormund

Arcane
I don't know about that. I'm not from english speaking country, and I never heard our own equivalent of "toxic" being used in that context.

What particularly annoys me is how that word is embraced by industry and industry apologists alike, not just SJWs, and in what situations it gets used. Someone being too critical or too negative about some game = he is toxic.

Accept

Gotta have a laugh at Cuckworld, used to be a cool site too before it got hijacked by whiney liberal faggots who chased 95% of the decent mappers/modders away.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
>_> If I had to make a list of games whose fanbase was likely to get taken over by "whiney liberal faggots", I don't think I would have put Doom anywhere near the top.

Gentle Player

Arcane
I don't know about that. I'm not from english speaking country, and I never heard our own equivalent of "toxic" being used in that context.

What particularly annoys me is how that word is embraced by industry and industry apologists alike, not just SJWs, and in what situations it gets used. Someone being too critical or too negative about some game = he is toxic.

Well, it's just a more modern way of saying that something is "poisonous", a figure of speech which dates back to antiquity. Of course, I fully agree with you on how daft it is to use in the situations that these people are, just because others are critical of something. There's nothing particularly unusual or wrong with the expression itself, however.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Not to defend the cretins on the Doom forum, but you clowns do realise that "toxic" as a metaphor for something bad or unpleasant is by no means "newspeak". It's been used in that sense since at least the early 20th century and probably the 19th as well. I'll grant that it's likely being used more often these days and that it's become popular in certain circles, but it's by no means new.

Holy shit, those guys are worse than the League community that I ditched for being toxic.

i doubt the author of this post absorbed the term from 19th century newspapers

Zewp

Arcane
Codex 2013
I wonder if 'journalists' will write another article about how gamers destroyed a game out of spite, like Ben Parfitt did back in the day for the Devil May Cry reboot.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom