Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Mass Effect 3/BioWare Thread

Valestein

Arcane
Patron
Vatnik
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In
It's implied that Tali (and Garrus) starve to death in the endings too.

hoopy

Savant
Judging by all the information about ME3's endings, this is possibly the most epic developer meltdown in history. EA should disband BioWare before things get any worse, if that's even possible anymore.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
But it's fun to see things get worse!
Alright, we'll make a deal. EA can disband BioWare after they end the Dragon Age Trilogy. :bounce:

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mas...r-dextros-and-gay-crew-members-9553099-1.html
BSN said:
if the normandy crew has to sustain itself on that planet and creates a colony, which is ridiculous on its own merits

does that mean the dextro-aminos (tali, garrus) starve? and do steve cortez and samantha traynor have to have sex and procreate against their desires?

because all of that is super effing gross, bioware.

as a gay person, i'm honestly a little sick to my stomach thinking about the gay part.
:codexisfor:

thesoup

Arcane
Judging by all the information about ME3's endings, this is possibly the most epic developer meltdown in history. EA should disband BioWare before things get any worse, if that's even possible anymore.
Yeah, they'll totally go with the 'dex and close Bioware, ignoring critical and commercial acclaim.
I swear, ME3 will average at least 9/10, it will be called the best bioware game ever and will server as a benchmark for videogame storytelling and great game design. Crappy times, my friend, but you already knew this.

Andyman Messiah

Mr. Ed-ucated
It'll get 9/10 official reviews but 4/10 user reviews and the amount of bad publicity will in time reach around to the official channels and Mass Effect 3 will, just like Dragon Age 2 is now, be considered an embarassing failure.

racofer

Thread Incliner
The butthurt... it's... beautiful... *singletear*

I can't wait until next week when the BSNers will at last start to play ME3. It will be one of the lulziest moments in vidya gaem hisotry!

racofer

Thread Incliner
racofer,any luck with cruck?
Nothing yet. I don't really think we will see anything until the official release though, since the crack requires the authentication code from the origin servers to activate the game. Only THETA managed to crack an origin release before launch, Syndicate I think it was. Maybe they will surprise us again on these next few days.

At least I've already gotten the game files here ready to pop some moles.

felipepepe

Codex's Heretic
Patron
The butthurt... it's... beautiful... *singletear*

I can't wait until next week when the BSNers will at last start to play ME3. It will be one of the lulziest moments in vidya gaem hisotry!
You can expect half of the game journalist will start spiting out huge articles about endings, how ME unique, how fans are wrong and BioWare should be praised next week.

LoPan

Learned
Thankfully video game journalists subsist on pandering and not persuasion, and the involved disappointments of an entire trilogy of games are bound to disillusion a great many buyers no matter how many more complicated, political blowjobs are published. It seems logical to speculate that most people who are going to buy ME3 played ME1 and that Bioware is not continually attracting an audience of reliable dedication, and it seems equally logical to speculate that the majority of buyers of any Bioware game, even ME3, are not fanatics with a loyalty to the BioWare brand that, at this point, chiefly persists in the fanatics' imagination; the fact that BioEA have started to ignore, shun and disparage their own fanatics is just as bewilderingly inconsiderate as it seems since, after all, enthusiasts are more than keen or willing to spread the word. What I can't understand is what EA gets out of dismantling their own task force of voluntary marketeers.

Renegen

Arcane
EA/Bioware takes down goon satirical video

A goon by the name of Ceski (lljkceski on youtube) has made a couple of videos that people would probably be familiar with, most recent being his Deux EX Unreal Revolution video mocking Eidos's sequel to deus ex. He also made a couple of other videos mocking bioware, which were reasonably popular.

Not any more, you wont find them because both videos have been taken down by EA for copyright violations. Despite consisting entirely of publically available material released by EA they have decided that they didn't like the message the videos were sending.

BioWare Presents: The State of the Game Industry
Original
Reupload
Ace of bioware
Original
Reupload
Anyone afraid of SOPA now? This is the problem with giving too much power and then expecting them to not abuse of it. I bet those takedowns were under the DMCA, which has constantly been abused far beyond what its stated purpose was.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
EA/Bioware takes down goon satirical video

A goon by the name of Ceski (lljkceski on youtube) has made a couple of videos that people would probably be familiar with, most recent being his Deux EX Unreal Revolution video mocking Eidos's sequel to deus ex. He also made a couple of other videos mocking bioware, which were reasonably popular.

Not any more, you wont find them because both videos have been taken down by EA for copyright violations. Despite consisting entirely of publically available material released by EA they have decided that they didn't like the message the videos were sending.

BioWare Presents: The State of the Game Industry
Original
Reupload
Ace of bioware
Original
Reupload
Anyone afraid of SOPA now? This is the problem with giving too much power and then expecting them to not abuse of it. I bet those takedowns were under the DMCA, which has constantly been abused far beyond what its stated purpose was.

:retarded:
:rage:
:mob:

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
SA Goon said:
What's even funnier is the art director of the new Deus Ex fucking put the Unreal Revolution video on his blog and offered the dude a goddamn job instead of acting like a child.

I asked for this.:love:

>You can kill the VS
>You can get Miranda tortured to death
>You can tell Diana Allers to fuck off
>You can tell Tali to get the fuck out
>Little romance pandering
>Lesbo shower scenes
>Buff McThickneck for laughs
>No happy ending, just grim gritty warfare
/4chan
you tell me its not GOTY 2012:smug:

no matter how retarded endings sound i am content with "no happy ending with my tali waifu". let the butthurt flow through you!:yeah:

Surf Solar

cannot into womynz
What I like the most, is that most of the Biodrones are totally fine with entire civilisations being wiped out, other civilisations getting bombed back to technical stoneage etc- all fine and dandy. BUT SUM OF MY CREW MEMBAZ DIE?!?!?!?!

OUTRAGEOUS!!$()=!)$(/)!=$AZUwiogfwjtu219471

if you choose geths over quarians and let the fuckers die tali commit suicide jumping off the cliff. clear :incline: no more waifu bullshit and no need to show her face

Ion Prothon II

Liturgist
if you choose geths over quarians and let the fuckers die tali commit suicide jumping off the cliff. clear :incline: no more waifu bullshit and no need to show her face
Where's this info from, can't find anything. Sounds too awesome to be true. Just like that one about Talus and Garri starving to death at the end.

some lucky fuckers are already playing. check vg/ on 4chan. tali and garus supposed deaths are based upon speculation that normandy crew crashed on some random planet after the ship got hit by exploding mass relay. shepard if lives, gets stuck on earth without any mass relays, so no chance for happy ending with tali/any other li.:thumbsup:

Menckenstein

Lunacy of Caen: Todd Reaver
Hahaha this is almost as if bioware got so fucking sick of the tards in BSN they developed a game that was a giant middle finger to all of them.

Incredible.

:bravo:

sea

inXile Entertainment
Developer
What I like the most, is that most of the Biodrones are totally fine with entire civilisations being wiped out, other civilisations getting bombed back to technical stoneage etc- all fine and dandy. BUT SUM OF MY CREW MEMBAZ DIE?!?!?!?!

It's called Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Syndrome. Planet full of black/Chinese people, or ugly aliens? Eh, whatever, let them die, our geological research mission is much more important. Planet full of hot sexy white people? GOD DAMMIT MAN, SCREW THE PRIME DIRECTIVE, BEGIN BONING SEQUENCE

RPGMaster

Savant

It's called Star Trek: The Next Generation Season 1 Syndrome. Planet full of black/Chinese people, or ugly aliens? Eh, whatever, let them die, our geological research mission is much more important. Planet full of hot sexy white people? GOD DAMMIT MAN, SCREW THE PRIME DIRECTIVE, BEGIN BONING SEQUENCE

armus.jpg

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom